Could you do it ? could you really eat skippy ???

Stuju

Guest yvonne and paul

Grilled ? BBQ'd ?, Roast ?, Boiled ?, Fryed ? no problem, if I can eat Bambi and Thumper and a bit of Daffy, I can eat anything!

Paul

sorry only read one response not all, but i'll go on

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR TASTE BUDS???????????

GROW IN THE GARDEN, YES ENGLAND AND AUSTRALIA SHOULD TASTE THE SAME.

MARKET GARDENS PICK YOUR OWN SHOULD TASTE BETTER THAN SHOP BOUGHT NO MATTER WHICH COUNTRY. YOU CANT COMPARE A MARKET GARDEN IN ENGLAND TO A SHOP IN AUSTRALIA. OR THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

IN THAT CASE GO TO TASSIE BUY THE APPLES/CHERRIES IN DEVONPORT, OR JUST OUTSIDE MELTON TASTE THOSE APPLES. WHY NOT HEAD UP TO MILDURA FOR THE ORANGES? QLD FOR BANANA'S AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM TALKING ASDA VS COLES. NO WAY CAN YOU SAY ENGLAND IS BETTER

BY THE WAY TRY TASSIE'S NEW POTATOES SEE WHAT YOU THINK.........

WHAT AUSTRALIA CANT GROW AINT WORTH EATING

I'LL HOP OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW HAVE A NICE NIGHT

My daughter can't - because they look "so cute", me, hubby and son love it. Kanga Bangers are nice. Had Roo and Crocodile (Skippy Dundee dish was called), croc tastes a big like Tuna

Ali

We have no problems eating Roo meat, no different from eating venison or pheasant, as for the fruit & vegies I do think you have a good choice but it is very seasonal - (unlike the UK, where you can get most fruit & veggies all year round) when we arrived I kept looking for grapes in the shops, couldn`t get them for some months until they were in season, that was something that I had to get used to. I guess it`s how mother nature intended things to be.

sorry im confused what is local in this country????? everything seems to come from somewhere else unless you pick it yourself

Tracey Don't be confused.

We did go and pick our own Stawburys, blue berrys red berrys rasburys but you can get all that in sainsburys. We grow apple's, graps, pears, tomatoes.

I'd go on but my fingers are acking.

Australian fruit and veg I recon would be healthier as localy you can buy more in season through out the year.

Avocardos in QLD are fantastic value and you can just pick them anyware.

I remember Andrea saying that coles or wollies were not as good for fruit and veg, as Sainsburys. But now she has changed her mind and back up what you say, But that is women for you.

John

:biglaugh:

My daughter can't - because they look "so cute", me, hubby and son love it. Kanga Bangers are nice. Had Roo and Crocodile (Skippy Dundee dish was called), croc tastes a big like Tuna

Ali

Did you catch your own Ali bet the old saltie was petrefied:biglaugh:

Max

aka Billy Nm

Tracey Don't be confused.

We did go and pick our own Stawburys, blue berrys red berrys rasburys but you can get all that in sainsburys. We grow apple's, graps, pears, tomatoes.

I'd go on but my fingers are acking.

Australian fruit and veg I recon would be healthier as localy you can buy more in season through out the year.

Avocardos in QLD are fantastic value and you can just pick them anyware.

I remember Andrea saying that coles or wollies were not as good for fruit and veg, as Sainsburys. But now she has changed her mind and back up what you say, But that is women for you.

John

Hi

We go to to the veggie markets in WA they are all over the growers sell em from big sheds, get all sort of stuff.Gordon Ramsay was on news askin the govt to fine restaurants for not supplying local seasonal produce( he always bangs on about this) We get all the oriental stuff only prob don`t know wat haLf of it is

There were many roo's used in the making of Skippy, both male & female. :yes:

I've eaten a smogasboard of Australian wildlife, all done by an aboriginal on a barbie, it's all in the cooking, like someone has already mentioned, if you were to get a top chef with his herbs and spices, you would not be able to say what you were definately eating.

I've eaten a smogasboard of Australian wildlife, all done by an aboriginal on a barbie, it's all in the cooking, like someone has already mentioned, if you were to get a top chef with his herbs and spices, you would not be able to say what you were definately eating.

Vouch for that a loony mate of mine made a curry for us rugby lads dont know wahat it was but we were all CHUMs and PALs and played full of BOUNCE after ugh!!

Malx

aka Billy NM

hey skip is that the blue side of Sheffield or the red one (proper one:notworthy:)

Malx

aka Billy NM

Hello Giz

How are you? How is the job hunting going? whats with the name change? Why don't you not have a name and do what Prince did and have a symble.^$^

Not on much as living with Mum & Dad till monday, and living off one of the neighbours unsecured wireless. Not Ideal but it's cheap.

When we traveled around Aus we saw less than 5 roos in 2 months yet there were laods were we lived in North Lakes (Giant housing estate).

Skippy was played by more than 70 Kangaroos. And I'd eat them all. so good for you and tastes great. I'm sure we used to be able to buy it in England but not sure now.

Never had Emu this time round or Crocadile but wished I did.

John

Long Live Boris

Hey John

Gd to hear from you,

Hope all is well with you (when ya gonna start a thread on the pros & cons of returning to uk):biglaugh:

Things good at the mo work wise, got a 6 week contract with NRMA & hope they keep me on longer. Name change, well a gizmo is a useless article and i got bored of being a gizmo !!!! :biglaugh:should have used mine & hubbys nickname to start with really.

Prince is good (stupid name symbol) love his music.

Yep i remember seeing skippy meat for sale in the uk many moons ago, but i still havent had a mouthful yet

catch ya soon john with all your news (hopefully)

all the best

stuju (giz to elite few) lol

Guest JoanneHattersley

I love Kanga! The kanga snags werent that hot but the steaks were lovely!

Hi J & M

You flash fry em thin luvly havin a Sunday Dinner to night Beef mash cabbage mushy peas gravy first one in donkeys salivating bedroom be like another gasfield later all thets missing is a gallon of Stones as an aperitif

Mlax

aka Billy bNM

Guest SIDLOWE

I tried it @ a BBQ last year, tastes just like steak, a little richer and texture is "thicker".....was OK though...no fat @ all...I would eat again....

hey skip is that the blue side of Sheffield or the red one

The Blades Mate, although I love rugby league thesedays.

Top man hero:notworthy::notworthy:

Thats 2 of us mate we are in WA so Rugby Unionn is my only refuge or the the footy Watch the So R match on telly when we get settlrd get the satelite for the sport watched the footy on sbs must be daft gettin up at 330:biglaugh:

Hull City and Stoke ity in the Premiership is abit surreal but we will see gud on em

Malx

aka Billy NM

Jo, is it similar to duck or goose (guess thats a stupid question really !!!) i think i may have to try it :unsure:

Hi

We go to to the veggie markets in WA they are all over the growers sell em from big sheds, get all sort of stuff.Gordon Ramsay was on news askin the govt to fine restaurants for not supplying local seasonal produce( he always bangs on about this) We get all the oriental stuff only prob don`t know wat haLf of it is

We used to in Qld. Maybe one thing I miss. lots of Asian fruit and veg, but still grown locally I think. Some of it was really good and cheap.

Andrea now wants a alotment, all well and good but not a lot to grow in winter. But good Idea there is one just down the road from as.

I heard somthing on TV in Aus about around the war years in the UK that people were that much healthier than they are now because they only ate fresh local produce that was in season, so I back Gorden to a degree.

John

[gtufryhghfyhgkjfygjufuguygygujkguyfygugugtquote=Stuju;247687]

Hey John

Gd to hear from you,

Hope all is well with you (when ya gonna start a thread on the pros & cons of returning to uk):biglaugh:

Things good at the mo work wise, got a 6 week contract with NRMA & hope they keep me on longer. Name change, well a gizmo is a useless article and i got bored of being a gizmo !!!! :biglaugh:should have used mine & hubbys nickname to start with really.

Prince is good (stupid name symbol) love his music.

Yep i remember seeing skippy meat for sale in the uk many moons ago, but i still havent had a mouthful yet

catch ya soon john with all your news (hopefully)

all the best

hbjghgfjgydgjygfdfgjfhjfjgdgfhfgtfhfgfjhfgfdgfhfgdyfjgfdjhfgdgdhgdjhfghgdgdghd

Gizmo

I think I'll do that when I get all settled back in the house and I don't have to live off the back of someones wireless I don't even know.

I will get the PC brigade on my back thoe as I will tell it as I see it. But saying that I do believe I,m very broad minded and don't suffer from tunnel vision.

I see loads of good in Aus and I see good in the UK so yea I'll do that.

I realy hope the job works out for you as it is so important that if your bringing in the money and your happy with work, you will see Australia in a diffrent light. Then if you decide to come home still so be it.

John

stuju (giz to elite few) lol

Jo, is it similar to duck or goose (guess thats a stupid question really !!!) i think i may have to try it :unsure:

Tastes like chicken everything tastes like chicken!!!:no:

Tastes nothing like chicken. it has a game taste to it, strong flavor

Skippy was actually a man dressed up....you do know that don't you?

Please do not come out and talk to an Aussie thinking skippy was real or you will be the butt of jokes all evening:yes:

Is this what happened to you? Ahhhhh. Never mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived