Could you do it ? could you really eat skippy ???

Stuju

Hi All,

Found a few recipes using kangroos tonight - but im not sure i could really eat skippy (or his mates) kangaroo tail soup, kangaroo fillet & mesclun salad stack & kanagroo burgers just to name a few

Kangaroo meat is used by some of the worlds best restaurants because of its high quality and unique flavour, also because it's very low in fat and therefore very good for you. Kangaroo has a rich appealing flavour that combines well with many other foods.

could you do it ? has anybody tried it ??? :wideeyed:

stuju

Guest Working to fish

No worry mate ,cook it up and bring it on.

eddie:smile::smile::smile::smile:

DS and DH both eat it but I really dont much like the smell so apart from the occasional little tiny bit I dont eat it. DS actually shoots and butchers them - he lives in the bush and its easier than going to the supermarket!

Guest Ms_Fi

Definitely - I've done it before and I'd happily do it again. Roos are vermins and good for nothing other than eating.

Definitely - I've done it before and I'd happily do it again. Roos are vermins and good for nothing other than eating.

you cant say that!!!!!!! (well i guess you did) rabbits, foxes, caine toads their the vermin

Guest Ms_Fi

Cane toads are definitely vermin - funniest thing I ever saw was the OH's cousin running one over with a ride on lawnmower. There was bits of toad all over the washing and the back wall of the house!!!

Cane toads are definitely vermin - funniest thing I ever saw was the OH's cousin running one over with a ride on lawnmower. There was bits of toad all over the washing and the back wall of the house!!!

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE YOUR QUOTE! Funny seeing a cane toad getting cut up you sick sick person:biglaugh: LOL Do you like whips and chains????:Randy-git:

Have a nice day

Guest earlswood

Skippy was actually a man dressed up....you do know that don't you?

Please do not come out and talk to an Aussie thinking skippy was real or you will be the butt of jokes all evening:yes:

Guest Guest9973

No probs consuming Skippy.

Has to be rare though!!

Also strips o Skippy mixed with curry powder make great Mullet bait -found out today :smile::smile:

Guest mandy1
No probs consuming Skippy.

Has to be rare though!!

Also strips o Skippy mixed with curry powder make great Mullet bait -found out today :smile::smile:

No problem here either except I reckon its better very well done on the bbq!Quite low fat appaarently too!!!!

Mandy x

No problem here either except I reckon its better very well done on the bbq!Quite low fat appaarently too!!!!

Mandy x

Sorry you are wrong you have to have roo steaks cut thin and flash fried if you cook it too long it becomes like boot leather, info originally from a octagenarian aussie bush monster

Malx

aka Billy NM

Guest gemmahey

ERRRR Well I am a veggie!:cute:

Dont know how well that will go down in Oz! Dont think they r that veggie friendly:nah:

Dont know how well that will go down in Oz! Dont think they r that veggie friendly:nah:

you be ok its afoog heavan for vegetatian, markets full of organic vegetables so many varieties

Malx

aka Billy NM

Guest jogrant3232
Skippy was actually a man dressed up....you do know that don't you?

Please do not come out and talk to an Aussie thinking skippy was real or you will be the butt of jokes all evening:yes:

Earleswood you may have shattered a few Ozzie myths and dreams but i aint gonna have that, Skippy was for real and will always be a hero of mine.

Didnt like his kin thou to red and rich.

Guest earlswood

I was a veggie before I went to Oz. no way would I have survived being vegatarian....eat fish and chicken (chicken is as expensive as fillet steak over here):GEEK:

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys

Bring it on I say, specially if its low in fat! If you eat meat then I don't see why roo's should be off the menu, not sure my kids will feel the same though!:err:

S X

Guest earlswood
SKIPPY WAS A GIRL!

EARLSWOOD you must admit fruit and veg is far better in Oz than in England? it smells and tastes far better!!! come on you cant disagree on this one. Or can you?????

I dont agree actually, I grew up in the Cotswolds which is surrounded by fruit and veg farms....the local farmers markets produce the best fruit and veg I have ever tasted home or abroad except for some fruit in Greece I had the plesure of gorging on a couple of years back.

SKIPPY WAS A GIRL!

EARLSWOOD you must admit fruit and veg is far better in Oz than in England? it smells and tastes far better!!! come on you cant disagree on this one. Or can you?????

I dont think there is much difference if you compare what grows in your back garden in both places but the stuff from the shops doesnt compare with either. You absolutely cannot get a half decent strawberry here no matter what you do. Apples are OK but none of them holds a candle to a Cox's Orange Pippin which actually dont grow here at all well. Another thing we dont get here are new potatoes - we have "chats" which are as tasteless as the big 'uns and nothing like those glorious new spuds which melt in your mouth back home.

Some things are better here - we have a nicer selection of melons and the pawpaws are tastier than the ones that are picked green and shipped to UK - oh, and mangoes of course, nothing beats a Bowen mango. I have yet to find a plum that is on a par with a good Victoria but the plums arent too bad - they do go soft far too quickly but that is probably a storage thing.

Aus fruit and veg "looks" better (bigger etc) but there isnt much to choose between the taste of the shop bought stuff really.

Hello Giz

How are you? How is the job hunting going? whats with the name change? Why don't you not have a name and do what Prince did and have a symble.^$^

Not on much as living with Mum & Dad till monday, and living off one of the neighbours unsecured wireless. Not Ideal but it's cheap.

When we traveled around Aus we saw less than 5 roos in 2 months yet there were laods were we lived in North Lakes (Giant housing estate).

Skippy was played by more than 70 Kangaroos. And I'd eat them all. so good for you and tastes great. I'm sure we used to be able to buy it in England but not sure now.

Never had Emu this time round or Crocadile but wished I did.

John

Long Live Boris

SKIPPY WAS A GIRL!

Sorry Tracey

I think you are wrong as well. Maybe somthings are but generally locally grown produce is better hear.

Andrea does not agree with me but she's a fruit cake.

I do think there are alot more Fruits in Australia than we have hear thoe.

John

Long live Boris

Sorry Tracey

I think you are wrong as well. Maybe somthings are but generally locally grown produce is better hear.

Andrea does not agree with me but she's a fruit cake.

I do think there are alot more Fruits in Australia than we have hear thoe.

John

Long live Boris

sorry im confused what is local in this country????? everything seems to come from somewhere else unless you pick it yourself

I'd eat some roo. That seems OK.

My uncle lives in Sweden and brought some reindeer meat over for us to try. If he said it was deer meat that would have been fine. But reindeer! No way could I eat Rudolph.

We've been to a wedding in Sweden and I did eat 'Bambi' and I still feel guilty to this day..but the wedding was good fun.

Archived