Migration agent issues

Charlottehill76

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give any info on how to remove a migration agent from my application. I have serious hassle in dealing with a specific agent in the UK, won't return calls or reply to emails.

When they lodged my application I specifically stated that I wanted to be the main point of contact on the application however yesterday I emailed the DIAC through the IMMI website and found out that in fact I am not the main contact but that the migration agent is and that as a result they cannot advise me if the documents are uploaded properly or any details about my application which is one of my main concerns with the application.

I have emailed this specific agent numerous times requesting the password required to upload the documents via the IMMI website, I have got my TRN no after much hassle from them but not the password to upload the documents.

I have paid this organisation over £1700stg, I am wondering can anyone give any advise regarding removing this company from the application & if possible have they breached the contract hence I would be entitled to a partial refund.

My main issue is that if the DIAC did contact this agent they would not forward the advise to me, they have a high turnover of staff- i.e during the 5 months that they were meant to be lodging my application I was given 4 different 'client service managers'!

Apologies for the long email but any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

no advice to post sorry but ,

Im having a little issue with my agent too, I had a EOI of my own but was advised to put on hold until we were ready to apply after positive skills assessment, the agent then opened a new EOI and will not inform me of my log in details I have asked three times and they are ignoring my request and not telling me why!

Is it not my right to have the log in details? All I want to do is see it.

I'm starting to become ocd over this whole process and need complete control, wish I had done it myself lately without agent. I've had more answers from this forum than my agent. they also failed to fully complete form 80 as advised and paid for, I spent hours checking and recompile ting sections of it.

Hope

Im having a little issue with my agent too, I had a EOI of my own but was advised to put on hold until we were ready to apply after positive skills assessment, the agent then opened a new EOI and will not inform me of my log in details I have asked three times and they are ignoring my request and not telling me why!

I'm starting to become ocd over this whole process and need complete control, wish I had done it myself lately without agent. I've had more answers from this forum than my agent. they also failed to fully complete form 80 as advised and paid for, I spent hours checking and recompile ting sections of it.

Hope

Well, at least the agent has saved you a rejection and loss of visa fees. If you went ahead with the eoi before having a skills assessment you would likely have received a rejection. This will be why they commenced a new eoi.

Well, at least the agent has saved you a rejection and loss of visa fees. If you went ahead with the eoi before having a skills assessment you would likely have received a rejection. This will be why they commenced a new eoi.

I had started my initial EOI for different visa options not the 189, I knew I couldn't get a visa without skills assessment.

Hope

I have moved your post to a thread of it's own as the one you had posted on was four years old and in the wrong section. You might get some better answers this way. :-)

Hope

If you aren't happy with your agent stop using them and notify DIBP that they have to deeal with you direct.

Mainly looking for advice on if they should be withholding the skill select log in details from me?

I would.

On the other hand I always send my clients a copy of all applications, including EoIs, visa applications and skills applications and for employer sponsorship/nomination cases I send copies of the relevant documents to the employer - following your instructions and based in the information you provided, I have lodged a xxx on your behalf, copy attached, please let me know whether any corrections are needed.

Clients of registered migration agent are entitled under the Code of Conduct to be given a copy of applications lodged on their behalf. It is good practice to provide copies without being asked, especially given the way DIBP officers have recently been dealing with 'incorrect information'.

Some clients pester RMAs for logon particulars. I advise these clients that if they want to proceed on their own behalf to do so.

I would.

On the other hand I always send my clients a copy of all applications, including EoIs, visa applications and skills applications and for employer sponsorship/nomination cases I send copies of the relevant documents to the employer - following your instructions and based in the information you provided, I have lodged a xxx on your behalf, copy attached, please let me know whether any corrections are needed.

Clients of registered migration agent are entitled under the Code of Conduct to be given a copy of applications lodged on their behalf. It is good practice to provide copies without being asked, especially given the way DIBP officers have recently been dealing with 'incorrect information'.

Some clients pester RMAs for logon particulars. I advise these clients that if they want to proceed on their own behalf to do so.

Thanks for your advice. I have received copies of EOI submitted and my points break down. I don't want to apply without using agent as complicated with 19 yr son on visa application, I just wanted to see the online page where my details are.

Thanks for your advice. I have received copies of EOI submitted and my points break down. I don't want to apply without using agent as complicated with 19 yr son on visa application, I just wanted to see the online page where my details are.

Don't hire a dog and then bark yourself.

For whatever interest it might be, dependency is a time of decision criterion.

Mainly looking for advice on if they should be withholding the skill select log in details from me?

im almost at the end stage now as submitting visa application next week and I have already paid them fully now for their assistance.

I've never used the EOI system, so am not 100% sure how it works. However if it's like the visa application system, it's possible the agent submitted your EOI through their account and giving you the log-in details would give you access to all their other clients' applications.

If they've given you a copy of the application, why do you need to see it online as well?

Archived