Good websites for gifts

rammygirl

Ok so I do miss Amazon. I use it to buy gifts for people in the UK along with a few other UK sites BUT they can't seem to find any good sites to send gifts to us in Australia.

UK sites are expensive for delivery or do not ship to Aus and there don't seem to be many Aus based sites they can find.

I have used a few book ones but apart from that I can't suggest any for them to use, surely someone on here can help...............

I miss Amazon too - and Australian Ebay is pretty crap also. I guess there are relatively few people in such a huge area of land, it's not so much worth their while here. But keen to hear what suggestions come up.

Some of the department stores - I use M&S fairly often, and have used House of Fraser as well - ship to Australia for free over a certain amount (M&S) and fairly cheaply (HoF). John Lewis are supposed to ship here but seem to be very limited on the items that they will actually send to AU.

When I was living in Australia, I just went to google.co.uk instead of google.com.au, searched for gifts and ordered them from UK stores.

People in the UK can do the same for Australia - how about:

Lush.com.au - same as Lush in the UK.

Hampers with Bite - Christmas hampers

Kogan Australia

Red Balloon - for "experiences"

Then of course there's Myer, David Jones, any store that has an internet site.

Edited by Marisawright

When I send gifts over to Australia I now just send gift cards either Westfield cards or Target as post for sending gifts over is getting sometimes more expensive then the gift. Sorry I can not be of any help, like previous poster I do remember Lush as I nearly ordered a gift off there for someone.

When I send gifts over to Australia I now just send gift cards either Westfield cards or Target as post for sending gifts over is getting sometimes more expensive then the gift. Sorry I can not be of any help, like previous poster I do remember Lush as I nearly ordered a gift off there for someone.

That's what I mean - I don't send any gifts "over" any more. If I'm in the UK and I'm ordering for someone in Australia, I order it from the Australian site and they send it within Australia, meaning the postage is a mere fraction of the cost. Same if I'm in Australia and ordering for someone in the UK - I order from the UK sites.

Search for what you want on ebay Australia and you may hit an item stocked by woolies. Nearly all the big stores are now on ebay and deliver to your home or pick up at your local branch. Good Guys, Dick Smiths, Coles, Woillies............all on ebay and more besides.............it's about time that they woke up. Woolies is selling stuff on ebay that you can't get in their stores such as cameras, lenses,fishing gear, all sorts and good prices too

Thanks for the suggestions folks I will check them out. They have been looking for Australian sites but most are very specific or charge nearly as much in shipping as from the UK! We are in Adelaide so some of the East coast shops are expensive. I know I ended up ordering something I wanted from a UK site and had it sent to someone who was visiting us, it was cheaper than ordering it from a Sydney based site the only place I could find it.