Immigration Agent

marcosvr

Hi all:

_

I am considering to use an immigration agent. Why I want to use them? I think the process is a bit a complex for all the little details and prepare the documentation. It is complex because I don't have enough time to know the details of everything.

_

is a good idea in my case to use one? are very expensive?

_

Thanks !

We used Quickvisas.co.uk, they were excellent and well worth it, we had a higher cost because of some extra services we agreed they would provide us but I would spend it again.

Essentially, the DIBP website is very clear on it's processes for specific Visa type applications but that doesn't mean there's not a lot of information to take in and fully understand before you map out your plans for applying for one.

We enlisted them because, between our two work schedules, we knew it would take us both many months longer to afford the time necessary to look into it and prepare properly, so our main benefit was the time saved for convenience. Our agent made it very clear what was required of us and when and always correctly set our expectations as to potential obstacles and estimated wait time for specific results or outcomes at every step.

I would recommend, that if you can budget for a migration agent well enough (we paid over £1500 in total) you'll find yourself in the position that it is well worth it for the peace of mind and convenience they can bring to the process.

Hi,

We used Mick at Destination Oz, he is mara registered and he was very competative on his rates, was alway at the other end of the ohone and if he missed your call he would phone you back or email you within 24 hours. You can read up about him on www.australian-visa-service.co.uk

You wont be dissapointed very good and reliable service

Might be worthwhile checking this point ...

Best regards.

I prefer to go on word of mouth recommendation, that’s why I chose Mick at Destination Oz. I read about his company in a magazine article about a family who had gone through the process and used him. I did speak to registered agents and I found some of them quite full of themselves and overpriced. I use facebook loads and spoke to others online who have used him. He got the job done and was always there for me – and that’s the bottom line as far as I’m concerned.

We leave for Australia on the 27th october and Mick put us in contact with a TV production company who are making a programme about poms moving over - so we might be on the telly!

Hi,

We used Mick at Destination Oz, he is mara registered and he was very competative on his rates, was alway at the other end of the ohone and if he missed your call he would phone you back or email you within 24 hours. You can read up about him on www.australian-visa-service.co.uk

You wont be dissapointed very good and reliable service

I don't believe that they are Mara registered

I prefer to go on word of mouth recommendation, that’s why I chose Mick at Destination Oz. I read about his company in a magazine article about a family who had gone through the process and used him. I did speak to registered agents and I found some of them quite full of themselves and overpriced. I use facebook loads and spoke to others online who have used him. He got the job done and was always there for me – and that’s the bottom line as far as I’m concerned.

We leave for Australia on the 27th october and Mick put us in contact with a TV production company who are making a programme about poms moving over - so we might be on the telly!

I think the point is the agent appears to not be a MARA agent. There is no MARN on his website and they are usually clearly stated and easy to find if the agent is MARA registered and lists their number.

@marcosvr, for your own safety and peace of mind, any migration agent you take on to file your application should be MARA registered. This is advisable for your protection during the visa process. Too often we hear of people using non MARA agents and horror stories regarding their visa application (and often lack of a visa at the end of it plus being out of pocket for the process).

There are plenty of reputable MARA agents out there.

I have already sorted this, plese stop posting here now, i cannot remove nor can i edit the post message recieved. I choss mick for the right reasons and i know of 4 others whpnhave and have there visa's vulture somwhere else.

You can't stop anyone posting, and IMHO the thread should remain as it contains a useful discussion about agents and MARA registration.

I've used two agents in my own migration experiences, both are MARA registered and I would highly recommend them, also personally I would not use anyone not registered. But you are entitled to voice your opinion that word-of-mouth recommendation is better, and so I think you should also have the strength of conviction to let your recommendation stay online for others to see.

Hi just to clarify my mistake for those that can't read,

You do not have to use an agent and you do not have to use a MARA agent either. Mick never claimed to be registered with MARA, nor is it on his website, I just assumed he was as he knew the process inside out and that is why I would have liked to take that error out of the thread. Like I said I go on recommendation and that's what counts in my book. I also heard of people being charged thousands of pounds and getting a really bad service from registered agents and then having to complain and getting no where - so I would always go on personal recommendation IMO.

Hope this stops all the negativity around one typo in a thread to help a fellow applicant.

Do PIO recommend this company even though they are not MARA registered, tricky question that, seeing as the advise is don't use anyone that's not registered?

In fairness I think it said along the lines of 'recommended by the users of the PomsInOz and BritishExpats' forum or something along those lines.... Just went back to the site to try and find the quote and it's not there? Strange....

Archived