The Bibbulmun Track

tonyman

Has anyone done part or all of this bush walk , stayed overnight ect and which part have you tried ? My 13 yr old want to go for a hike/bush walk while off this holiday , its probably myself that will struggle so hoping there is a beginners track...........found a good site though https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/walk-the-track/the-independent-way/walking-with-kids/

there is also a Bibbulmun event this week that is at one of my local library so will also get some good tips from that too ........http://www.gosnells.wa.gov.au/Lifestyle/Libraries/Library_locations/Kenwick_Library/Walk_the_Bibbulmun_Track_-_30_September_2015

love the fact that we have these places on our door step but just need that push to do them on the spur of the moment , its too easy to throw everything in the back of your car and park up next to your camp site , this would need a lot more planning i should imagine , carry only items you will need , good footwear,food ect and small pitch tent .......

any tips or advise please ....?

Has anyone done part or all of this bush walk , stayed overnight ect and which part have you tried ? My 13 yr old want to go for a hike/bush walk while off this holiday , its probably myself that will struggle so hoping there is a beginners track...........found a good site though https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/walk-the-track/the-independent-way/walking-with-kids/

there is also a Bibbulmun event this week that is at one of my local library so will also get some good tips from that too ........http://www.gosnells.wa.gov.au/Lifestyle/Libraries/Library_locations/Kenwick_Library/Walk_the_Bibbulmun_Track_-_30_September_2015

love the fact that we have these places on our door step but just need that push to do them on the spur of the moment , its too easy to throw everything in the back of your car and park up next to your camp site , this would need a lot more planning i should imagine , carry only items you will need , good footwear,food ect and small pitch tent .......

any tips or advise please ....?

First aid kit, pressure bandages, tweezers, gaiters, water, phone, battery boost, GPS, walkie talkie.

Never did much walking in oz. Regret it. I was always on my road bike.

Always have someone to raise the alarm if you don't call by a certain time.

First aid kit, pressure bandages, tweezers, gaiters, water, phone, battery boost, GPS, walkie talkie.

Never did much walking in oz. Regret it. I was always on my road bike.

Always have someone to raise the alarm if you don't call by a certain time.

I can see why you didn't do much walking if you were going to carry all that stuff newjez. I've done a couple of walks with friends and my youngster on the Bibbulmun. It's pretty well marked out but you have to be careful to stay on the track. We started near Mundaring and it was pretty easy.

Alternatively if your youngster likes mountain biking there's also the Munda Biddi where you can bike instead of walk.

I can see why you didn't do much walking if you were going to carry all that stuff newjez. I've done a couple of walks with friends and my youngster on the Bibbulmun. It's pretty well marked out but you have to be careful to stay on the track. We started near Mundaring and it was pretty easy.

Alternatively if your youngster likes mountain biking there's also the Munda Biddi where you can bike instead of walk.

Probably because the track is very famous for snakes. So some wise precautions.

If I am hiking any significant distance - as I sometimes do for work - I would carry the same, plus an epirb. Plenty of water - particularly in summer months and a foil blanket.

It's not actually that much stuff, it's the correct stuff. You should be able to hold a good first aid kit in the palm of your hand. Most phones have a GPS nowadays anyway, but it does chew the battery. Battery boost are fantastic, and weigh nothing. If you are on trails you know well with traffic, then it's not so important. But if you are unfamiliar, young and inexperienced, it doesn't hurt to stay safe, even if you never need it, someone you come accross may.