Subclass 175, 176, 475 new discussion thread

yc1ten

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes- I've just had my cap and cease letter. Family Sponsored 176 - applied in May 2008. Received CO on xmas eve 2008, was told to get medicals and police checks done, loaded early Feb, everything stalled to a halt a few days later...

Anyone remember how much we paid in those days? I have no idea and the relevant pages on the immi website aren't working. Ex is trawling through our files (which were just about to go on a boat over to me in Oz next week!) to see if he can find anything.

More info here btw in case anyone else is affected...

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/CapandCease

Edited by haselgre
wanted to add more info

Yes- I've just had my cap and cease letter. Family Sponsored 176 - applied in May 2008. Received CO on xmas eve 2008, was told to get medicals and police checks done, loaded early Feb, everything stalled to a halt a few days later...

Anyone remember how much we paid in those days? I have no idea and the relevant pages on the immi website aren't working. Ex is trawling through our files (which were just about to go on a boat over to me in Oz next week!) to see if he can find anything.

More info here btw in case anyone else is affected...

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/CapandCease

We paid around £1100

Hi All, Consulted with one of the best lawyers in Melbourne who has great winning record and a very reliable person...says we can win the case if put in high court but that involves good amount of money...but still i wont take a back and will go ahead. I would urge all offshore guys not to give up ...this is the time to get together and file the case total injustice has been done.

ok gagan...1st off stop giving false hope to the group. You have been doing this for over 2-3 years. U say u consulted a good lawyer...what's his / her name. Just stop it.....

All the members who applied under 176 ( including myself) it's not worth going to court, coz it's a waste of precious time and money. Take your refund. Unless you are really unhappy in the country that you live in and have a lot of money then go for it.

ok gagan...1st off stop giving false hope to the group. You have been doing this for over 2-3 years. U say u consulted a good lawyer...what's his / her name. Just stop it.....

All the members who applied under 176 ( including myself) it's not worth going to court, coz it's a waste of precious time and money. Take your refund. Unless you are really unhappy in the country that you live in and have a lot of money then go for it.

Sekena, you should be nice with Gagan. Its not Gagan fault if things not work as we thought , but Gagan information was not entirely false. After his information categories like 886,175 started processing. It was unfortunate for 176 and 475. If Gagan decided to fight then we should all support unless you already filed in some other category.

I believe that we should fight, refund is not sufficient , either process us or provide us application fee + redund us the time we spend waiting. This is about our precious time and money and this is the reason we should be going to court. These are basic human rights.

Gagan , do you know the name of the lawyer, any track record of the lawyerand how much he is asking ?

Sekena, you should be nice with Gagan. Its not Gagan fault if things not work as we thought , but Gagan information was not entirely false. After his information categories like 886,175 started processing. It was unfortunate for 176 and 475. If Gagan decided to fight then we should all support unless you already filed in some other category.

I believe that we should fight, refund is not sufficient , either process us or provide us application fee + redund us the time we spend waiting. This is about our precious time and money and this is the reason we should be going to court. These are basic human rights.

Gagan , do you know the name of the lawyer, any track record of the lawyerand how much he is asking ?

its not about being nice or not, it's about getting the facts right. We need to learn from recent history, the last time in 2010 ,there was a cap & cease, it became a major issue, however the DIAC were legally well protected...... Please read this article very carefully....

http://www.visalawyers.com.au/content_common/newsitem.aspx?id=5e2f05b0-0342-4328-8791-054fbeb176f8

Don't let emotions get in the way, I applied in Feb'08 and I've learnt that the DIAC has made sure that there is no recourse for applicants in the event of a cap & cease except for the refund of visa fee......ask yourself would you legally fight a lost cause......ask yourself are you willing to put down thousands of dollars into something that would yield absolutely no result. If you still want to go ahead, then good luck and make sure you have enough money.

for the folks who get what am trying to say here, get your money back and if u really want to go to Australia...use that money to reapply....

Am signing off...this is will be my last post.

Good luck and God bless

Well...I too posed a simple question to Gagan and it is true that he does not provide specifics. How much for the lawyer? What does the lawyer actually believe can be achieved and the time frame etc...the lawyer would have offered the various options and potential outcomes. The only reason to hire a lawyer would be to achieve the goal of having these application processed in a timely manner as originally believed when first filed rather than the retroactive application of subsequent changes in the law. Even if the latest announcement could be reversed and prevented from being implemented, the processing times will still remain painfully slow. At least in this case there may be refunds granted and many people have stated they would like their money back...it is the least that DIBP could do.

Edited by westwoodwizard

Have not heard anything from DIBP yet others say they have? I checked the online account and it says under status "Assessment in Progress". Is that a generic status message that has been used for everybody so far? I did do some research but honestly could not remember what the prior status was thus whether this means anything or not...clueless...

Edited by westwoodwizard

Have not heard anything from DIBP yet others say they have? I checked the online account and it says under status "Assessment in Progress". Is that a generic status message that has been used for everybody so far? I did do some research but honestly could not remember what the prior status was thus whether this means anything or not...clueless...

I have the "assessment in progress" status since May 2012. I didn't receive either the email from DIBP with cap and cease. Maybe they need time to sort them out. It is what they do best, "take their time".

Hi Guys

Dear All,

For the past some months i've been following this thread quietly. i applied in Nov 2008 as a family sponsored 475 applicant. sadly after 6 months after submitting my application the goal posts were changed. My friend who applied 6 months before in the same subclass got through! i waited till 2012 for something to come up. every year july used to come and bring fresh hope, only for the following april to come and quash any of those good vibes. since 2013 i've expanded my business and worked hard on it, so that i'm in a state of reaping the benefits of those hard yards. since the last 8 months or so i've lost complete interest in my application. i take this news today with a pinch of salt. my dream ended in my mind long time back. it wasnt probably in my fate to go to australia.so be it. adios mates. this forum has been a great source of strength and information. I dont have anything against the boat people, but it seems that the asylum seekers stand a better chance of getting or forcing themselves into the land of their choice! Go well guys. i may come, albeit as a silent spectator, to this forum. good luck to all those still hanging there. bye.

Fast-track migration for relatives

Middle East migrant families in Australia can fast-track places for loved ones on the run from Syria under the expanded refugee intake promised by Tony Abbott

I consulted a lawyer many years ago and he wanted $6600 (per applicant) to ran a class action. As far as I know, nothing came of it.

If one person wins, you all win, so you do not need a class action.

I doubt that you can win, but if you are going to try, put in $100 or so each and pay the TOP GUN at least for an opinion.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I have the "assessment in progress" status since May 2012. I didn't receive either the email from DIBP with cap and cease. Maybe they need time to sort them out. It is what they do best, "take their time".

Hello Dyanne...been awhile since we last exchanged posts. Well..you just smashed my last bit of hope to pieces...I thought to myself maybe I am going to be one of those last 36.

Alas..time to start from scratch...

Easiest way to at least move to Australia in some capacity is to attend a university degree program...

Today I received an email saying that my application has been finalized. I contacted my agent and he told me that they have received an email from immi department saying that the department has decided to cancel and refund all pending offshore applications. He told me that shortly I would receive a link to file for a refund. I am feeling relieved as I was already fed up of this waiting game and got a job in Dubai last month and I am currently working there. I would suggest you to login to the immi website and check ur application status

Hello Dyanne...been awhile since we last exchanged posts. Well..you just smashed my last bit of hope to pieces...I thought to myself maybe I am going to be one of those last 36.

Alas..time to start from scratch...

Easiest way to at least move to Australia in some capacity is to attend a university degree program...

Hi!

Sadly I received the doomed letter a few hours ago.

Now I just regret I didn't listen to my big brother (my sponsor) 4-5 years ago when he said to check and try other options. I was too afraid I would end up in another queue by other legislative changes.

It was a wake up call for me showing me that injustice and lies are made even in a country which seemed to me as having a spine. Everywhere it is all about politics, manipulation and reality distortion.

I am disgusted and question my willing of ever going to Australia, not even as a tourist.

I am just full of mixed feelings now...