Subclass 175, 176, 475 new discussion thread

yc1ten

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
We need a big group size to collect $350K. Where are those 8000 people who are capped and ceased. Appears like exact capped and ceased number is much less than 8k.

They are probably spending the money on getting on with their lives instead of investing in an action which will almost certainly never succeed.

Thats certainly what my friends are doing.

I am sure the case is going no where. Move on with your life, let it go......don't drag it too long.

You guys just have to accept it and face the reality.

It is done and dusted..........

It is so ironic and sad that those who were once part of the unfair Category 5, and were once coming to this forum for some good news and hopeful advice are the ones who are now coming back - after being lucky and getting their PR - to post the snippiest of remarks about the situation of the cap and ceased ones.

Those who have nothing to do with Cat 5 have at least shown sympathy and concern.

If we want you to tell us what to do with our life, we will ask you.

In the meantime, since the main curiosity about the case seems to be to hear about the futility of the attempt and as people are 'sure' about the outcome, let the case and its outcome remain the concern of the people involved.

It is so ironic and sad that those who were once part of the unfair Category 5, and were once coming to this forum for some good news and hopeful advice are the ones who are now coming back - after being lucky and getting their PR - to post the snippiest of remarks about the situation of the cap and ceased ones.

Those who have nothing to do with Cat 5 have at least shown sympathy and concern.

If we want you to tell us what to do with our life, we will ask you.

In the meantime, since the main curiosity about the case seems to be to hear about the futility of the attempt and as people are 'sure' about the outcome, let the case and its outcome remain the concern of the people involved.

What's the latest news Arshad?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think they're trying to get at least 100 people on board, only 3 have signed up so far.

The lawyer is asking for 500k,

Correction:

The lawyer knows the exact number of people joining the class action but they are definitely more than 3

The lawyer is only asking for 5K per applicant, not 500K!

Correction:

The lawyer knows the exact number of people joining the class action but they are definitely more than 3

The lawyer is only asking for 5K per applicant, not 500K!

You are right.

He needs a fund of 500K for this class action.

5K per apllicant only if they can get 100 applicants to sign in.

It could be less than 5K if more than 100 people sign the agreement,

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Without_Logic (like your username ;o) I too have filed for a 'Refund', not that we will receive all our money back. Nothing up to now. My agent says it will take a while (why am I not surprised?!) I'll let everyone know when I have more news. A very disappointed ex Cat 5'er who had been waiting since December 2008 (Marketing Executive, Fluent in both German and English, sponsored by my sister in Oz, IELTS pass rate = 8 in academic English, BA (Hons) Degree and Btec Diploma qualified- but apparently not good enough for Australia ....) Sigh!

• 2 weeks later...

Now approaching 18 weeks (their quoted time was either 14, 15, or 16 weeks max depending on which article or email auto-reply you read); they do not even have the good courtesy to reply to my emails.

After waiting 6 years it's just a further insult really. Oh and on top of course of losing all the other fee's such as Lawyers, Trade Recognitions and IELTS etc.

I wonder if we'll get the same refund in our local currency as to what we paid out if not I stand to lose about another £200.

I've given them absolutely everything they asked for including fortunately still copies of the expired card and the statements.

I am in good mind to contact my credit card company and begin to seek advice from them.

6-9 months was their advice at the time of application of getting my visa - here we are 6 and half years later with no visa, no refund.

Edited by Without_Logic
correction

• 2 months later...