Moving back to England ruined my life

jasepom

Gave me a breakdown, ruined my career and marriage. And it was something neither of us wanted to do. Just stupid homesickness and grass is greener situation.

Perhaps it is time to move back to the UK and build a relationship with your family again?

From memory I think you all went back and then you decided to come back to Australia on your own.

Guilt can be really depressing, maybe time to build a few bridges with your family and put things to right?

Perhaps it is time to move back to the UK and build a relationship with your family again?

From memory I think you all went back and then you decided to come back to Australia on your own.

Guilt can be really depressing, maybe time to build a few bridges with your family and put things to right?

Agree, who would leave their family to return to another country on their own? Only someone who loves themselves more than their family.

Agree, who would leave their family to return to another country on their own? Only someone who loves themselves more than their family.

I've always believed loving yourself is first priority - if you don't love yourself how can you truly love someone else? If someone expects you to put them first then do they really love you?

It has worked for me, been with my husband over 30 years :)

Very narrow minded view. I think that it's pretty clear from the history with this poster (that I vaguely remember) is that he's suffered severe depression and at times hasn't been rational. I told him to pull his finger out on (possibly more than) one occasion and regretted it later.

I completely sympathise. I can completely understand how this can happen. People need to be very conscious of the problems moving across to the other side of the world can create. Where do your children want to be? That is the crux of the issue really isn't it? There needs to be a consensus. My heart absolutely goes out to you and I wish you all the very best.

Still banging on about that????

You're giving whinging poms a bad name. Get a grip and do something about it instead of boring the pants off of a forum.

"get a grip" typical response from someone who does not understand those people with mental issues, borders on being ignorant.

this forum I am led to believe is for those of us to let off steam, vent anger, give advice to others and report good news stories

people just like others to listen, its what talking therapies do, a little compassion Terry dxb as none of us have walked in jasepom's shoes, we are all friends to talk to on here.

"get a grip" typical response from someone who does not understand those people with mental issues, borders on being ignorant.

this forum I am led to believe is for those of us to let off steam, vent anger, give advice to others and report good news stories

people just like others to listen, its what talking therapies do, a little compassion Terry dxb as none of us have walked in jasepom's shoes, we are all friends to talk to on here.

The story has been going on for a while, and advice does seem to be ignored.

How do you know that the OP has mental issues? Is it not possible that he's just a complete prat who refuses to accept that he just might have made some spectacularly bad (and incredibly selfish) decisions that have cost him dearly?

How do you know that the OP has mental issues? Is it not possible that he's just a complete prat who refuses to accept that he just might have made some spectacularly bad (and incredibly selfish) decisions that have cost him dearly?

He does have mental health problems, some of what he has disclosed is only in PM's but there is not question it is true - doesn't mean he is not a prat who refused to accept he made bad decisions and it is unclear which came first.

Gave me a breakdown, ruined my career and marriage. And it was something neither of us wanted to do. Just stupid homesickness and grass is greener situation.

Maybe all of this would have happened anyway; regardless of country.

Whats done is done.

All you can do is learn from the experience and move on.

Not easy but certainly doable.

Good luck.

Archived