Driving in Perth

S209cshaughne

It is a very painless process to change over. You go to your nearest driving centre. Take a ticket, fill in a form, get called to the counter, pay a fee, read an eye test on the wall and that's it. It is worth doing earlier rather than later as it is a very useful form of ID. Do remember as well in WA it is an offence to drive without having your license with you

It is a very painless process to change over. You go to your nearest driving centre. Take a ticket, fill in a form, get called to the counter, pay a fee, read an eye test on the wall and that's it. It is worth doing earlier rather than later as it is a very useful form of ID. Do remember as well in WA it is an offence to drive without having your license with you

Don't you have to take a written test anymore? Me and the missus had to do that, wasn't very hard though.

I had to do a computerised test based on the drive safe code (similar to highway code) that was some years ago so they may have changed it, not difficult, the main problem will be getting used to the awful driving in Perth, perfectly normal West Australians turn into monsters behind the wheel of a car!!!

No that's incorrect. I recently had my purse stolen which contained my driving licence. I indicated to the police when I report it that I was concerned about driving without having it in my possession and they told me not to worry as it wasn't an offence in WA.

No that's incorrect. I recently had my purse stolen which contained my driving licence. I indicated to the police when I report it that I was concerned about driving without having it in my possession and they told me not to worry as it wasn't an offence in WA.

I've heard lots of people say that for SA too, but it's not actually a legal requirement, unless you are driving on an overseas licence, then you have to carry both it and your passport.

Don't you have to take a written test anymore? Me and the missus had to do that, wasn't very hard though.

We didn't no. Just swapped them over, this was 4.5 years ago. Also I was stopped and breath tested a few years ago at 11 in the morning ( how rude :laugh: ) and they asked for my drivers licence and it was in my other bag. They didn't tell me off or anything.

Sorry, you are incorrect.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/LBU_DL_B_DriveSafePart7.pdf

i found out the hard way.

Sorry, you are incorrect.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/LBU_DL_B_DriveSafePart7.pdf

i found out the hard way.

I could only find it being an offence if you were driving using an overseas licence. On a WA licence the police told me it wasn't an offence as it was going to be about 3 weeks before if would be in possession of a new one and I was concerned.

Archived