Resident return visa

Proview220

Hi,

my current perm resident visa is due to expire May 16, within the time of my 5 yr visa we lived in oz for 10 month then went back to the uk for 18 mth, now I'm settled back in oz and been back here one yr, i need to return to uk in June 16, by that time my PR visa will have expired so thought it would be a good time to look into it now, its saying because i haven't lived here for two years they want all sorts of details from me, does the two years have to be all at the same time or can it be split?

how hard or easy are the RRV to secure?

im a bit puzzled why they want all the same info we give the first time round for the visa.

thanks

It will be very easy to get a RRV in your situation, I have no idea what they request as I have never applied, however it is perfectly normal to resubmit basic documents for each visa application, they don't dig them out from old files.

Birth or Age, Evidence of Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

Criminal Record Check, Evidence of Intention to Obtain Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

Travel Document Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

Substantial Ties - Business, Evidence of Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

Substantial Ties - Cultural, Evidence of Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

Personal ties to Australia, Evidence of Recommended Attach document Help on Checklist

this is what they are asking evidence of

if i was the main visa applicant do i just lodge one app for the full family or do we all have to lodge our own as its $360

thanks

You are all doing separate applications I am afraid.

The evidence requests seem reasonable, not sure what the issue is?

You are all doing separate applications I am afraid.

The evidence requests seem reasonable, not sure what the issue is?

just wondered why they can't look at the same info that i can see on the file when i first apply for visa

just wondered why they can't look at the same info that i can see on the file when i first apply for visa

Maybe it is archived? Maybe they don't have time to cross reference and pull out all the old details, maybe it is just quicker for them if you reattach. I really cannot see why this is such an inconvenience for you. My electronic files are all still saved there and it would take me no time at all to upload them to a new application.

Maybe it is archived? Maybe they don't have time to cross reference and pull out all the old details, maybe it is just quicker for them if you reattach. I really cannot see why this is such an inconvenience for you. My electronic files are all still saved there and it would take me no time at all to upload them to a new application.

have i missed some thing here? I don't recall actually saying it was an inconvenience, just wanted to make sure before i went any further.

Because when you originally applied for the visa you were applying to move to Australia. You are now being asked to demonstrate that since you got that visa you have established substantial ties to the country and therefore see it as your home.

There's no way you could have provided that info when you applied for the visa - they want evidence of the life you have built here since you got the original visa.

Hi,

my current perm resident visa is due to expire May 16, within the time of my 5 yr visa we lived in oz for 10 month then went back to the uk for 18 mth, now I'm settled back in oz and been back here one yr, i need to return to uk in June 16, by that time my PR visa will have expired so thought it would be a good time to look into it now, its saying because i haven't lived here for two years they want all sorts of details from me, does the two years have to be all at the same time or can it be split?

how hard or easy are the RRV to secure?

im a bit puzzled why they want all the same info we give the first time round for the visa.

thanks

If you meet the standard requirements (2 years in 5) it is fairly straight forward and if successful will be granted for 5 years.

If you do not meet the requirements and need to show substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia, it can been more difficult and at times complex. If successful will be granted for 1 year.

If you meet the standard requirements (2 years in 5) it is fairly straight forward and if successful will be granted for 5 years.

If you do not meet the requirements and need to show substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia, it can been more difficult and at times complex. If successful will be granted for 1 year.

Could also be possible they just grant the RRV for 3 months depending on the evidence the OP provides in regards to 'substantial ties'.

I can assure you Australian authorities not only ask for RRV holders to provide the same documents again it's for everyone regardless what's the matter.

We're soon eligible to apply for citizenship and 'surprise' the whole process of providing exactly the same papers is going to start again, okay more as a variation you've been asked for but still that's the way it is.

In my opinion getting a RRV or citizenship is a privilege not a right and therefore Australia has my full support to not only ask for documentation twice moreover it's in our interest as migrants to provide everything we're asked for even it's seems to make no sense to us because we want something from them - in your case a precious RRV - and not vice versa.

After all it's just repetition/uploading the same papers again as another member mentioned probably to make the process easier for the authorities as they don't need to follow-up on 'old' files provided years ago within all these millions of visa applications.

Could also be possible they just grant the RRV for 3 months depending on the evidence the OP provides in regards to 'substantial ties'.

That is actually a different application (subclass 157 RRV as opposed to subclass 155). It is for cases where the applicant does not meet the normal requirements but there are compelling and compassionate reason for having to leave Australia.