Return Resident Visa (subclasses 155 or 157)

family S

We have our permanent resident visa for almost 5 year now and it's about to expire.

But we still haven't made the move.

We're really want to move in about 4 years and were wondering if a RRV is an option?

Or any other visa?

Anyone with some experience with this?? :unsure:

As I read in the government website and other blogs, at least you needed to reside in Aus at least 2 years within last five year to get 5years' valid RRV "OR" at least a year within last years for getting 1year valid RRV. Please check out more details in official sources.

You are unlikely to get a 5 or even a 1 year RRV if all you did was validate the visas on a short holiday and never returned. You need to look at the requirements closely. I do not think that expecting you to move within 5 years is unreasonable, but I do know that things can happen we don't plan for. You can always try if you have good reasons why you can't make the move but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Would you you still qualify for a skilled visa now? And the prices have soared too, also all applicants have to pay not just the main one.

if you want to move to Australia then move before the current one expires, or maybe you are just not sure, if so think hard. It isn't easy to migrate across the world and if you are not all committed...........

We have our permanent resident visa for almost 5 year now and it's about to expire.

But we still haven't made the move.

We're really want to move in about 4 years and were wondering if a RRV is an option?

Or any other visa?

Anyone with some experience with this?? :unsure:

If you still want to move, bite the bullet and do it before this one expires. You are certainly not going to get another five years and debatable if you would get a one year RRV, never mind a one year RRV in three or four years time. In fact, there is no way you can know now if you will get the RRV when you need it, but the odds are stacked against you.

Are you sure you want to move? If you can put it off for nearly a decade, perhaps it just wasn't meant to be.

The problem was we couldn't sell our house and when we finaly did, my husband got sick.

He's now working hard in school and work to learn an other profession.

Right now we don't have a chance for a good job in Australia.

With his new diploma we have a much better chance getting a good start.

He'll be to old for an other skilled visa in 4 years.

That's why we were hoping to expand our current visa.

The problem was we couldn't sell our house and when we finaly did, my husband got sick.

I don't think that would cut much ice unfortunately. It was a skilled migrant visa, so in theory he already had the skills required to find a job in Australia, that is the whole premise of the visa. But more to the point, at this stage you would have to prove substantial ties to Australia, not explain why you have not moved to date.

If you really do not feel able to make the move before this visa expires, then all you can do is take your chances in four years. But as per my earlier post, you will not be able to find out now whether you can go then and I would guess at more likely a no than a yes.

Suggest maybe discussing your options with a migration agent who has had some success with this type of visa.

I'll send a PM to you.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...