EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same from me. We're on holiday in Germany now so frantically trying to work out what time the potential invite email might arrive in order to find available wifi to check! All available limbs and digits crossed for us all. (secondary teacher, 75 points)

Hey friends,

I received Invitation for 189 today. I applied for EOI on July 3rd and got the invitation exactly after one month.

:):):)

Hi jon,

If you know your EOI username and password you can check it on skill select page. This is how I learnt about my invitation. Before I got the email from my agent, I logged into skill select page and there the status was INVITED .

Just as a bit of a guide for those interested.

A person with 65+ points can be almost certain that they will be invited, even if they submitted the EOI an hour or even a single second before the invitation round takes place at midnight. This situation will result in that 65 point applicant taking the place of the 60 point applicant at the back of the queue (determined by a first come, first served process). That applicant will then drop off the bottom and then they will be carried over to the next round, and be at the very front of the queue of the '60 pointers'.

If a person with 65 points is not invited and they submitted before the invitation round, then there will not, by definition, be any invites for 60 point applicants that month, as this means that all places for that round are taken up, but this situation is practically unheard of.

I hope that this is clear to those who wonder how the invitation round actually works.

Added: The above processes do not apply to applicants whose occupation is under the pro rata arrangements (restricted number of invites per month)

Edited by CaptainC