EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I applied for visa 189 , EOI on 12/06/2015 for ANZO 261313, didn't get the invitation on this round sadly with 60 points. Is there anyone who got the invitation with 60 points applied on May?

Edited by Amir HK

Hey guys I got my invite Today ! so happy about it !

Sent my eoi on 15th June. Production engineer 60 pts !

Now sending the docs ! Any ideas how long could it take after applying ?

I was told by my agent it would be 8-9 weeks for a CO to be assigned and then they will ask for Medicaid etc, apparently you can front load the medical and PCC but it depends on when you are planning to go because you have 12 months to enter and activate the visa from the date of the medical or the Police check whichever is dated first, obviously you could go in activate the visa and then come home if you wanted.

Hi guys, I applied for visa 189 , EOI on 12/06/2015 for ANZO 261313, didn't get the invitation on this round sadly with 60 points. Is there anyone who got the invitation with 60 points applied on May?

Hi I had 60 points and submitted eoi on 22nd june and got the invite today.

Hi Amir, are you aware of the arrangements that restrict the number of invites for ANZSCO 2613 applicants. Unfortunately, that is the reason why others who applied after you have been invited, even with the same points.

Hi Amir, are you aware of the arrangements that restrict the number of invites for ANZSCO 2613 applicants. Unfortunately, that is the reason why others who applied after you have been invited, even with the same points.

Thanks for your reply. So it is like 2 months from submitting my EOI. Do you think whether there is any chance to get the invitation on next round?

Thanks for your reply. So it is like 2 months from submitting my EOI. Do you think whether there is any chance to get the invitation on next round?

It's impossible to say when the occupation is pro rata Amir, it all depends on how many other applicants there are with the same ANZSCO code as you, and of course 65+ points will get preference.

I think with your occupation on 60 points it's pot luck, from what I understand they only invite a certain amount per month from that occupation, so if that amount is 3 per month and each month they got 3 applicants with 65 points, every month you would fall behind those people in the queue regardless of when they applied, if they only had 2 with 65 and you were the first in the queue with 60 points then you would get the invite alongside the 2 with 65 points.

It is a lot, heaps more than accountants for example!

The limit for all invites for all occupations per month is 2400 so there's still a bit of pot luck needed!

My EOI is under accountant general. Lodged on 24 March with 60 points. Still not invited. :-(

My EOI is under accountant general. Lodged on 24 March with 60 points. Still not invited. :-(

Sadly with only 210 accountant invites available per month then you will have a difficult time getting through with 60 points as it has become apparent.

Because there was a huge backlog of accountants left over from the last programme year then it may take some time. And, as a previous poster pointed out anyone with 65+ points will jump ahead of you.

Guruz - It's a tough deal for accountants with 60 points this year. I do think at some point you will get an invite, as essentially you only need one month where there is a drop in 65+ point applicants and you will be first in line....

But - if you can gain more points via Pearson PTE or similar, then I would highly recommend it ....

Fingers crossed for you...

Guruz - It's a tough deal for accountants with 60 points this year. I do think at some point you will get an invite, as essentially you only need one month where there is a drop in 65+ point applicants and you will be first in line....

But - if you can gain more points via Pearson PTE or similar, then I would highly recommend it ....

Fingers crossed for you...

That's what I am confused about....Can I do IELTS General?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea if a motor mechanic - 321211 189 visa categorywill get invited in September invitation round. I submitted my EOI - on 23/07/2015 with 60 points. I didnt make it in August round. Fof some reason don't know why nothing gets updated on Immigration website. They are suppose go update people in advance for upcoming invitation round and occupation ceilings.

No.... it must be the Academic test Guruz or you are wasting your time and money....

" General Training – for school, work or migrationThe General Training format focuses on*general survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test." ???

" General Training – for school, work or migrationThe General Training format focuses on*general survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test." ???

I was chatting to my mate the other day about PTE and he is doing it today, you can only take academic with pearsons so any people on here have found pearsons much easier than IELTS and I'm guessing many were taking IELTS General so that would tell you that a high score in academic pearsons would e achievable if you failed to get a higher score in IELTS academic.

I was chatting to my mate the other day about PTE and he is doing it today, you can only take academic with pearsons so any people on here have found pearsons much easier than IELTS and I'm guessing many were taking IELTS General so that would tell you that a high score in academic pearsons would e achievable if you failed to get a higher score in IELTS academic.

Unfortunately PTE is not available in the country I am from. The only test available here is IELTS. Is IELTS General sufficient for claiming points?

As per IELTS website it says " General Training – for school, work or migrationThe General Training format focuses on*general survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test."

But Pommie says I have to do IELTS Academic.

Unfortunately PTE is not available in the country I am from. The only test available here is IELTS. Is IELTS General sufficient for claiming points?

As per IELTS website it says " General Training – for school, work or migrationThe General Training format focuses on*general survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test."

I think it depends on your occupation, I'm an electrician so I only had to do general but if you are working as an accountant I'd imagine you would need academic as the role requires you to work with the types of articles contained in the academic exam. I'd consult an agent on it and see what they say.

You don't have to do PTE Academic.

If IELTS General is the only one available in your country then you may try again with that if you wish.