EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

Funny you should say that, I have a work in progress regarding that, it will be a sticky in the migration forum, I hope to post it very soon.

EOI = Expression of Interest.

That at would be very useful, sometimes I'm reading a post, and an acronym comes up, and I have to scroll back through the posts to see if I can find out what it is!!

EOI is what everyone submits when they apply, is that correct @CaptainC ?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread although haven't posted previously. Thanks for all the infos.

My wife just got her invite at 3.13pm UK time (management accountant, 80pts, EOI lodged 21 July) - super stoked!

Now to figure out how to lodge the actual application.

Best of luck!

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread although haven't posted previously. Thanks for all the infos.

My wife just got her invite at 3.13pm UK time (management accountant, 80pts, EOI lodged 21 July) - super stoked!

Now to figure out how to lodge the actual application.

Best of luck!

Well done! You're the first to post about it, so it is definitely today then!

Well.... goodness is I got an invite as well.... chuffed....

Frustrating part - at page 4 of visa application it has stopped me and won't let me proceed further... saying it is one of several possible reasons.... none of which make sense...

Does anyone have the DIBP phone number as I suspect I need to chat to someone... I am presuming this is because I have a two TRN numbers, one from requesting the medical HAP ID's and another today with the invite... But I am only guessing....

Well.... goodness is I got an invite as well.... chuffed....

Frustrating part - at page 4 of visa application it has stopped me and won't let me proceed further... saying it is one of several possible reasons.... none of which make sense...

Does anyone have the DIBP phone number as I suspect I need to chat to someone... I am presuming this is because I have a two TRN numbers, one from requesting the medical HAP ID's and another today with the invite... But I am only guessing....

As far as I'm aware you can only resolve problems like this through the immiaccount contact form here > https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form

You should have a good chance in this round RMT.... fingers crossed for you....

Oh well looks like another invite round has come and gone and I've not been lucky this time again. Hey ho, roll on September... surely my numbers have to come up in that one!

It's a small price to pay for not having the worry of knowing if it's all being done properly. The amount of threads I see on here where people have claimed too many points or misjudged their work experience it makes me feel better lol. I didn't use one till the last minute so I didn't pay the full whack, they are just doing my EOI and application

Invitation has arrived at our end too. Delighted but disappointed for some of the lovely people on here who haven't heard yet - maybe emails are still coming through as I someone suggested might be the case (Captain perhaps?). Fingers crossed for you guys.

Pommie - I might end up having the same problem as you as also front loaded medical checks. We'll be applying in a couple of days time once back from holiday. I can let you know if we hit the same hurdle if it helps eliminate potential issues for you?

Edited by chatterbox

Invitation has arrived at our end too. Delighted but disappointed for some of the lovely people on here who haven't heard yet - maybe emails are still coming through as I someone suggested might be the case (Captain perhaps?). Fingers crossed for you guys.

Pommie - I might end up having the same problem as you as also front loaded medical checks. We'll be applying in a couple of days time once back from holiday. I can let you know if we hit the same hurdle if it helps eliminate potential issues for you?

thanks... i will let you know if I manage to get clarity in the meantime....

Hi All,

I just received an invitation to apply for Skilled Independent (189) visa 2 hours ago. I had submitted my EOI on 29th July. I got my skills assessment from Engineers Australia on 28th July.

I am now anxious about proceeding with the actual application for visa. Does anyone have quick tips that can come in handy? Would any additional documents be required while submitting the application?

Thanks,

Insiya

IELTS (L8,R9,W8,S8) : 14/03/25, CDR submitted : 17/05/15, Positive assessment from EA : 28/07/15, EOI submitted : 29/07/15, Invite : 2/08/15....

Hi all

I've been a silent person all the while, reading what all you guys have been discussing. Thank you for posting questions that were coming up in my mind :)

I have got a positive confirmation for my EOI today. I applied for 189, ANZSCO - 261313, with 65 points.

I have a question related to police verification. While I was in USA in 2009, I was caught for speeding. I think it would come up in my records, but what I am curious to know is if it would have an impact to my visa processing. Any suggestions?

(ANSCO 261313 Software Engineer); IELTS (R9, L9, W7.5, S7.5, Overall 8.5); EOI submitted 24th Jul 2015 (65 points); Invited - 03 Aug'15

thanks... i will let you know if I manage to get clarity in the meantime....

@Pommie

Have you covered every step as per below (taken from Border.gov.au website)

If you have not yet lodged a visa application,

you should follow the steps below when completing your health examinations electronically.

Please make sure that you first read the information available the My Health Declarations support page to check that it is appropriate for you to complete health examinations prior to lodging your visa application.

You lodge your My Health Declarations form online

We determine whether health examinations are required

You are directed to eMedical Client to consent to eMedical processing and complete your medical history if required

You download an eMedical Referral letter

You make an appointment with an approved panel clinic or migration medical services provider and provide your HAP ID

You attend your appointment and take your eMedical Referral letter with you

The clinic locates your case in eMedical using the HAP ID

Clinic staff record your health examination results in eMedical

Panel physician and/or radiologist grades and submits your case

Your health case is cleared within in minutes by the system or referred for manual processing

You lodge a visa application and provide your HAP ID in your visa application

We confirm that you have completed the correct health examinations and continue processing your visa application.

Note:

Additional steps will be required if a significant health condition is identified during immigration health examinations.

You will not be advised of your results until after you have lodged a visa application. If a significant health condition is identified by a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth as part of the immigration health assessment process, a final opinion on your case will also not be provided until you have lodged a visa application.

CaptainC

I have, however I only sat the medicals yesterday, so it will take around a week for the X-rays, blood tests etc to be processed and the submissions made to DIBP.

I was wondering if this could be part of the problem.

I am also wondering whether it could be connected to my old 457 ? I left the country before it expired, but wonder whether my old company needed to cancel it ?? Anyway - it expired the day after I left the country, so it should;t really be an issue...

I have sent them an email (thanks for that link - the new DIBP web site is not easy to navigate). I am going to call the Brisbane office later tonight to see if they can help in any way.

Do you know what time their office opens ??

CaptainC

I have, however I only sat the medicals yesterday, so it will take around a week for the X-rays, blood tests etc to be processed and the submissions made to DIBP.

I was wondering if this could be part of the problem.

I am also wondering whether it could be connected to my old 457 ? I left the country before it expired, but wonder whether my old company needed to cancel it ?? Anyway - it expired the day after I left the country, so it should;t really be an issue...

I have sent them an email (thanks for that link - the new DIBP web site is not easy to navigate). I am going to call the Brisbane office later tonight to see if they can help in any way.

Do you know what time their office opens ??

That may be the problem then, I didn't realise it was only yesterday and they're not finalised yet. I highly doubt it's anything to do with the 457. The office opens at 8:30 or 9, I had no problem getting through on the phone at 10am.