EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

I keep reading people write about these reports you can read for your profession, to see what the lowest points were for people selected for invitation. I can't find that report anywhere for my career. Would really appreciate someone telling me where to find them? Thanks :smile:

Jambolina, unless you are an accountant, an ICT Business and Systems Analyst, or software application programmer then your individual occupation won't feature on the cut off date list or identify minimum points. Your cut off date is 9th July, for 189 visa other than for the occupations listed above or 13th June for 190 visa.

But like the above post says you can view how many invitations have been sent to people in your own profession on this page.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the problem, I don't have access as its with our lawyer. and frankly I can't as them because when last I checked with them, they thought I was indicating I don't trust them!! Which made me feel bad and got me apologising... but now that I see these data, I'm really disappointed and don't know what to do! :(

what does date of effect mean by the way? is it the date that's submitted or updated? because I'm suspicious they might have updated it later for whatever reason ... ?

dont forget that you are paying them for a service Nina.... Don't be afraid to ask and challenge...

dont forget that you are paying them for a service Nina.... Don't be afraid to ask and challenge...

Thanks so much Pommie for your help and support. It's quite tricky, you know, If I read you our trace of emails you'll laugh!! how simply I asked for status check and how she translated that to indication of mistrust!!

I think it's best if I meet her in person so there's no misunderstandings there..

So frustrated.. You work so hard on ACS, IELTS, everything, someone else screws it up and blames you for mistrusting! lol

You are gambling your family life basically in the lawyers' hands.

Will meet her.

Thanks! :)

My EOI went in on Monday and I received an invitation the following day. Eeeeek.

How did this happen? It says that you submitted your EOI on the 10th of August and received an invite on the 11th, there hasn't been an invite round since the 10th of August so how could you have been given an invite?

How did this happen? It says that you submitted your EOI on the 10th of August and received an invite on the 11th, there hasn't been an invite round since the 10th of August so how could you have been given an invite?

190 & 489 visa's are not bound to the invitation rounds and can happen anytime.

Captain C, u seem to be someone in the know! :rolleyes: I am aware that once you get invited, (Hopefully me on 07.09.15) you have 60 days to upload all of your supporting evidence/documents. Any ideas how long it takes them to process stuff & actually grant your visa??? I was naively hoping I would be in Oz by January, but it doesn't seem likely at all. Thanks.

I don't know? Maybe I'm getting confused. I expressed my interest on Monday for regional sponsorship and had a reply the following day asking for my R form etc etc. Is it only after this is received that I get an invite? I'm sure I read in my email that I had been invited to apply by the region. Maybe I read it wrong

Captain C, u seem to be someone in the know! :rolleyes: I am aware that once you get invited, (Hopefully me on 07.09.15) you have 60 days to upload all of your supporting evidence/documents. Any ideas how long it takes them to process stuff & actually grant your visa??? I was naively hoping I would be in Oz by January, but it doesn't seem likely at all. Thanks.

It's possible at a push.

The 60 days is the expiry of the invitation. If you haven't paid your application charge before the 60 days is up then you have to submit a new EOI and start again. Once you've paid then you can start uploading documents, if you do this within a few weeks of paying the VAC, then notwithstanding any additional documents that they may ask for there's a good possibility that you'd get a visa within 2.5 months from application.

I don't know? Maybe I'm getting confused. I expressed my interest on Monday for regional sponsorship and had a reply the following day asking for my R form etc etc. Is it only after this is received that I get an invite? I'm sure I read in my email that I had been invited to apply by the region. Maybe I read it wrong

Are you still using you agent? They will be able to tell you for certain. But if your skillselect says you've been invited then you have.

I'm going for the 489 though and got an invite the next day?

Don't quote me on this but I'm sure that there are three different types of 489, all with different criteria for invitation so I think you must fit into the one with the regional area governed migration plan.