EOI's - awaiting August 2015 Round

Pommie

You don't have to do PTE Academic.

If IELTS General is the only one available in your country then you may try again with that if you wish.

My friend is doing PTE today and he told me it was t possible to do a PTE general it's only an academic test.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea if a motor mechanic - 321211 189 visa categorywill get invited in September invitation round. I submitted my EOI - on 23/07/2015 with 60 points. I didnt make it in August round. For some reason don't know why nothing gets updated on Immigration website. They are suppose go update people in advance for upcoming invitation round and occupation ceiling.

Hey guys, I put through my EOI on the 3rd of July for accounting with only 60 points and still waiting for the invitation. Has anyone got invited with only 60 points for accounting?

It seems like only people with 65 points or above will be invited for accounting and IT? =(

Hey guys, I put through my EOI on the 3rd of July for accounting with only 60 points and still waiting for the invitation. Has anyone got invited with only 60 points for accounting?

It seems like only people with 65 points or above will be invited for accounting and IT? =(

You would not be wrong, and it is as many suspected; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/236919-skillselect-results-stats-july-6th-2015-invitation-round.html

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea if a motor mechanic - 321211 189 visa categorywill get invited in September invitation round. I submitted my EOI - on 23/07/2015 with 60 points. I didnt make it in August round. For some reason don't know why nothing gets updated on Immigration website. They are suppose go update people in advance for upcoming invitation round and occupation ceiling.

There appears to be a huge backlog at the moment, particularly among the pro rata applicants as pointed out in the posts and on the thread linked above.

You aren't in an occupation that is subject to the pro rata arrangements so you will have a far greater chance to be invited.

That being said, and although it is very difficult to say with any degree of certainty, an EOI submission in late July would be borderline in terms of a September invitation, but I would be very confident that you would get the invitation by October round.

If it comes sooner then all the better, but be prepared for a longer wait.

That's right Hopeful.... its a tough gig for accountants this year...

accountants only got invited with 65 points in the July round and the cutoff was the end of may. They issued 210 visa invites so it looks like they are being careful with their offers to not let them run out too soon in the year

[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 482]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 253, bgcolor: #DDEEFF]

Accountants

[/TD]

[TD=width: 101, bgcolor: #DDEEFF]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 195, bgcolor: #DDEEFF]

31 May 2015 10:43pm

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hey, Did anyone receive any invitations on August 3rd? As the website got updated yesterday, I was thinking if there was a delay in sending out invites as well. I have 65 Points, applying for Accntncy (EOI submitted 3rd July). Thanks and all the best!!

All the invitations are sent at midnight or in the following few hours at the latest.

If you haven't received an email then it's unlikely you've been invited, check your spam folder in case it went in there. Otherwise, the only way to tell for absolute certain is to log in to skillselect and check the status of your EOI. It will say invited and/or proceed to application (I can't remember which, but it will be crystal clear if you've been invited)

All the invitations are sent at midnight or in the following few hours at the latest.

If you haven't received an email then it's unlikely you've been invited, check your spam folder in case it went in there. Otherwise, the only way to tell for absolute certain is to log in to skillselect and check the status of your EOI. It will say invited and/or proceed to application (I can't remember which, but it will be crystal clear if you've been invited)

Just as a slight build for Vedant Gupa, prior to the July round, the backlog for accountant's was as follows:-

60 points with an EOI dated 23/03/15; last received an invite on 24/04/15.

65 points with an EOI dated 28/04/15; last received an invite on 08/05/15.

In the July round, the first of the 15/16 year, where the number of available invites was reduced by 60% to around 210 per month, the last person to receive an invite was:-

65 points with an EOI dated 31/05/15;

So, whilst we don't have the August round data yet, you can see that in July the system cleared around a months backlog of 65 pointers, so around the end of June should have been cleared in the August round. It look alike you just missed out, but you should sweep up an invite for sure in the September round....

The question is whether ANY 60 pointers will get an invite this year. My sense is some will, however as more and more 60 pointers attempt to get more points as a way of jumping to the front of the cue, then this could well mean no 60 pointers get an invite at all...

Edited by Pommie

The question is whether ANY 60 pointers will get an invite this year. My sense is some will, however as more and more 60 pointers attempt to get more points as a way of jumping to the front of the cue, then this could well mean no 60 pointers get an invite at all...

I feel that because the ceiling was reduced by more than half,I honestly can't see any 60 point applicants being invited. I was sure that it would eventually iron itself out but now I'm not so sure. There's a chance of course, but I think it's very very slim.

It will be interesting to see how the new rules for accountants from 1 July 2015 will affect the invitation backlog. Up until the August round I preaume there were high accountants since these accountants were assessed on a "easier" criteria. Mosr EOIs after 1 July would have been assessed on a more stringent criteria. Only September results can tell if this is true.

It will be interesting to see how the new rules for accountants from 1 July 2015 will affect the invitation backlog. Up until the August round I preaume there were high accountants since these accountants were assessed on a "easier" criteria. Mosr EOIs after 1 July would have been assessed on a more stringent criteria. Only September results can tell if this is true.

I don't think the changes announced by CPA will make much difference, especially if you are experienced within the accounting profession. My guess (and it is just that) was that this was a last ditch attempt by CPA and other accounting assessor companies to get the dept of immigration to maintain the number of visa invites at around 5,600 per year. i.e. imposing tougher self regulation so DIBP would't force tighter regulation on them...

CPA make a lot of money out of the migration process.... assessment fee's and new membership fee's....

Maybe this will make it harder for people with little experience, but in fairness, this should be how the process works anyway - as if you have little experience, how are you really adding to the so called skills shortfall....

Time will tell....

Maybe this will make it harder for people with little experience, but in fairness, this should be how the process works anyway - as if you have little experience, how are you really adding to the so called skills shortfall....

Time will tell....

All this while I understood that Skills Assessment criteria was based on qualification and not work experience

Hi All,

So SkillSelect has updated their website for August round: http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-3-august-2015-round-results.aspx

I have a question though, the cut-off table at the bottom with Visa dat of effect, is that for Visa grants or EOI submissions?? I'm abit confused as we submitted our EOI 1st of June with 65 points, ICT business and systems analyst, and did not receive an invite ?!

Hi All,

So SkillSelect has updated their website for August round: http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-3-august-2015-round-results.aspx

I have a question though, the cut-off table at the bottom with Visa dat of effect, is that for Visa grants or EOI submissions?? I'm abit confused as we submitted our EOI 1st of June with 65 points, ICT business and systems analyst, and did not receive an invite ?!

Your profession is under pro rata arrangements. The cut off was in June for ICT business and systems analyst.

(Look a bit further down the link you posted)

Hi All,

Sorry I misread your post. I thought you said July. You should have an invite. Check your immiaccount again

Edited by CaptainC

Well that's the problem, I don't have access as its with our lawyer. and frankly I can't as them because when last I checked with them, they thought I was indicating I don't trust them!! Which made me feel bad and got me apologising... but now that I see these data, I'm really disappointed and don't know what to do! :(

what does date of effect mean by the way? is it the date that's submitted or updated? because I'm suspicious they might have updated it later for whatever reason ... ?

Well that's the problem, I don't have access as its with our lawyer. and frankly I can't as them because when last I checked with them, they thought I was indicating I don't trust them!! Which made me feel bad and got me apologising... but now that I see these data, I'm really disappointed and don't know what to do! :(

what does date of effect mean by the way? is it the date that's submitted or updated? because I'm suspicious they might have updated it later for whatever reason ... ?

If it has been updated (other than correcting typos or similar) then the date will change.

Date of effect on the linked page means that the last person to receive an invite submitted or updated on that date. So in your case, the last ICT EOI with 65 points to be invited either submitted the EOI or updated it on 23rd June at 12:30pm. Any applicants after that will not have an invite and any applicants before that will have an invite.

Edited by CaptainC

I keep reading people write about these reports you can read for your profession, to see what the lowest points were for people selected for invitation. I can't find that report anywhere for my career. Would really appreciate someone telling me where to find them? Thanks :smile: