White card

Danny842003

Has anyone got any recommendations on where to get a white card? I have searched the internet but some of the websites look a bit sketchy. Is it as easy as just doing it online or is there more to it? Im in NSW if that makes much of a difference.

The white card is a fairly basic course on occupational health and safety, the important thing is to have the card and no employer is going to worry who trained you. The only reason employers demand the card is that the government says they must!

Just be mindful a lot of companies don't accept online white cards. Only ones you do at the training centres here in oz. Reason being it can't be proved you took the traing to obtain the card.

I second that. Pretty much State wide in South Australia, OK in Qld with the exception that, like Mxmanus says some companies and even just some construction sites do not accept online. Much easier in the long run just to do the one day course somewhere. http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/white-cards-cic try this link which then has a link to approved training providors.

Good luck

I second that. Pretty much State wide in South Australia, OK in Qld with the exception that, like Mxmanus says some companies and even just some construction sites do not accept online. Much easier in the long run just to do the one day course somewhere. http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/white-cards-cic try this link which then has a link to approved training providors.

Good luck

Ok thanks for that Ive found a provider in Liverpool (NSW to avoid confusion :D ) from that site that charges $100 which seem reasonable enough. I have never worked in construction before but am trying to get in jobs that would require me to go on site. A person who has worked in dangerous places and had a lot of exposure to health and safety regs and has a bit of common sense shouldn't have any issues in completing the course right?

Archived