3 weeks to go - Anxiety/ Excitement/ Emotional

tiffanysamantha85

Hi all

My husband and I leave Nottingham England for Melbourne in 3 weeks and our dog leaves in 2 weeks. It's my last week of work this week and the hubby's next week, and we have our leaving party this weekend.

Phew!!! Anxiety and emotions are running high. A lot of our friends are actually coming out towards the end of the year for NYE or to even do a year on a WHV so not too bad leaving a few of them, it's the family that's the hard bit as we're not sure when we might see them next.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited and more than ready for a brand new chapter of our lives together, especially as we got married last year, both 29 and have been together nearly 10 years, we're bored of life and career options here. My stomach just gets in knots with anxiety packing away our house and getting ready for the goodbyes.

Anyone else had all this? Any tips/ advice?

Thanking you [emoji5]

Hi all

My husband and I leave Nottingham England for Melbourne in 3 weeks and our dog leaves in 2 weeks. It's my last week of work this week and the hubby's next week, and we have our leaving party this weekend.

Phew!!! Anxiety and emotions are running high. A lot of our friends are actually coming out towards the end of the year for NYE or to even do a year on a WHV so not too bad leaving a few of them, it's the family that's the hard bit as we're not sure when we might see them next.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited and more than ready for a brand new chapter of our lives together, especially as we got married last year, both 29 and have been together nearly 10 years, we're bored of life and career options here. My stomach just gets in knots with anxiety packing away our house and getting ready for the goodbyes.

Thanking you [emoji5]

We've all had this!

Yep! We fly in less than three weeks and are still trying to finish doing the house up for rental!!! My husband has his head in the sand as to how long things will take and I have to tread very carefully all the time whilst trying to project manage a grown man who is acting like a teenager. He wants australia sooo badly but has done bugger all to help with the whole emigration process to get us there. Meanwhile, now that I've sorted the visas out, I am organising the money, the flights, the goodbye party's/visits, the house rental, the tax implications, the shipping, and trying to get a job out there to ease the financial worries tht I have despite knowing we have savings and a place to stay for free. And I've just had to book hubby Onto a speed awareness course 3 days before we depart. So yes I feel your nerves and stresses. I am going to need a lot of alcohol when we finally arrive in australia. Then its time to start the admin process over there for both of us. Give me strength and patience!

Aw...I wish you both all the best.

its exciting and scary at the same time. So much to do when you arrive, your head will be in a spin, but don't worry you will get there.

Never been to Melbourne so can't give any advise, just try and enjoy it. Takes some people a while to settle. Give it a go, if its not for you, then you have other options.

good luck xx

Yep! We fly in less than three weeks and are still trying to finish doing the house up for rental!!! My husband has his head in the sand as to how long things will take and I have to tread very carefully all the time whilst trying to project manage a grown man who is acting like a teenager. He wants australia sooo badly but has done bugger all to help with the whole emigration process to get us there. Meanwhile, now that I've sorted the visas out, I am organising the money, the flights, the goodbye party's/visits, the house rental, the tax implications, the shipping, and trying to get a job out there to ease the financial worries tht I have despite knowing we have savings and a place to stay for free. And I've just had to book hubby Onto a speed awareness course 3 days before we depart. So yes I feel your nerves and stresses. I am going to need a lot of alcohol when we finally arrive in australia. Then its time to start the admin process over there for both of us. Give me strength and patience!

Sorry....but I did laugh when reading this:laugh:. My OH moved out to Aus 6weeks before us, our move was very sudden !!

in that 6 weeks, I had to try and do everything, from shipping a move cube, renting out the house, basically packing up our UK lifes.

I did it.....but I don't know how. So stressful, you have my sympathy:yes: but don't doubt yourself, you will get there!!

Hi all

Thanking you [emoji5]

Yes of course people get these kind of feelings when they move. Just accept it as par for the course and carry on with your preparations.

Sorry....but I did laugh when reading this:laugh:. My OH moved out to Aus 6weeks before us, our move was very sudden !!

in that 6 weeks, I had to try and do everything, from shipping a move cube, renting out the house, basically packing up our UK lifes.

I did it.....but I don't know how. So stressful, you have my sympathy:yes: but don't doubt yourself, you will get there!!

i should have sent him out 6 weeks ago! It would have been Much easier to do it myself lol!

Bless you Pinkestlady. When do you fly? I hope you're okay :)

We have friends in St Kilda so we're staying in an Airbnb for 3 weeks, and then pick up a campervan to travel the East Coast for 3 months and then we're coming back down to Melbourne to start work. Looking to settle around St Kilda / Elwood area as we have 8 friends around already.

I hope your move goes well! I am sure time will fly and the anxiety is natural.

As for men... I do think they are a dying breed! My husbands idea of helping out is to get his teeth done at the dentist!

Funny you should say that, I managed to get a break today by going to have injections to numb my entire face (and even my ears) and then have a couple of teeth drilled. Trying to find out which glue would be best for gluing down carpet gripper strips with a totally numb face, was interesting to say the least. I'm pretty sure the guy thought there was something very wrong with me. (And I might have spat on him by accident)

All in all, I'm ok thanks tiffanysamantha85. We fly to Canberra to stay with my sister for 4 months on the 2nd August and are about a week behind schedule on the house. (Well a month behind the original schedule, the one where hubby took voluntary redundancy and was going to spend his free 2 months doing the house up) instead he has become an expert on a racing car game he has on his iPad. So now the work really has to be done he is stressing and taking it all out on yours truly and my lovely parents who are so kindly putting us up. He shouts at me if I splash a bit if paint in the wrong place, but when he screwed through our newly tiled bathroom floor into an upstairs mains water pipe right above our newly plastered and painted living room, God forbid I should comment. Fun and games. It's a good job I love him isn't it?!

We fly out in just under 6 weeks so I feel all your anxiety/excitement! We're leaving Tibshelf (where my bf lives)/Wirksworth (where I live) in Derbyshire.

In the last couple of days I've started sorting out silly/small things like changing addresses of bank accounts and points cards etc as well as my drivers licence (which btw can now be renewed online for £14 and they can also use your passport photo/signature for it too!!) so I don't have to worry about any post coming to my old address and once I've got all that sorted then I'll be moving onto sorting out my packing (we're getting anglo pacific in to do most of it so I just need to sort out bits and pieces/if anything is staying etc).

I handed in my resignation at work last Friday (10th July) and since doing that it's all become very real very quickly lol. My bf has already finished at his work (long story but basically he's got lots of stuff to sort at home, packing to do and a holiday with his mates to go on as well before we leave).

We'll be flying into Melbourne and then going up to Mansfield in Victoria to stay with my aunt a few days until we can get somewhere sorted...at this rate it'll all be here before we know it lol xx

I love how people say it's 'freezing'. Freezing to us in the UK is below 0 and in the minus lol

Pay attention to these posts! All I will say is..just you wait! Do not throw out your boots and warm clothes. (Especially if moving anywhere other than QLD and Northern WA/territory:)

Hey TiffanySamantha 85

I feel your anxiety, we moved down under 11 years ago and it was tough, very tough. Just recently moved to NSW cos of hubby's job, my son lives in Melbourne, it's a great place, but please be prepared for the weather there, it is freezing in Melbourne right now, in fact flurries of snow at my friends place, she is just over an hour from Melbourne CBD. The weather in Melbourne can be unpredictable, four season's in one day, but a great city and lots to do.

We have just gone through all this. Arrived in Kuala Lumpur a few hours ago en route to Brisbane. So many leaving parties and goodbyes; haven't drunk so much in years and tolerance levels have risen. We have been so busy with all the preparations that there really hasn't been time for last minute anxieties. Bit sleep deprived as I write this after a 13 hour flight with no sleep. Looking forward to this holiday on the way and we rock up in Brisbane on the 30th.

We have just gone through all this. Arrived in Kuala Lumpur a few hours ago en route to Brisbane. So many leaving parties and goodbyes; haven't drunk so much in years and tolerance levels have risen. We have been so busy with all the preparations that there really hasn't been time for last minute anxieties. Bit sleep deprived as I write this after a 13 hour flight with no sleep. Looking forward to this holiday on the way and we rock up in Brisbane on the 30th.

Well bring some HEAT with you please !! lol

Cal x

Archived