Migration headache

Miacattv

Hi

I am a staff nurse and I am hoping to move to Adelaide next year. I have consulted a migration company and was originally quoted £1800 + vat for thier costs ( I still have all other stuff to pay lol) but today when I told him I was going to try myself he managed to get the price to £1200 + vat. I think I may be smelling a rat but I would like the peace of mind of having someone check everything for me. Also he said I would be better going on a 489 visa due to my age (40 just turned lol) can anyone advise me on this and if someone has used them even better I have copied the prices below and would really appreciate any help thanks in advance

xxxx

• The government fee for this application (Visa fee) : AUS$ 3520 (approx. £1850) for the entire family.
  • Dependent: AUS$ 260
  • Medical tests for you and the family – depending on where you do these the cost could vary but is generally under £150
  • The assessing body will charge you a fee between AUS$ 900
  • IELTS test will cost you between £125 - £150 depending on the date and location.
  • Global-Migrate fee to process and file your application £1800+vat (You have the option to pay in instalments

Your migration agent fee doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary to me.

It is impossible to comment on fees for the family because you have not said how many people are in your family and it is a cost per person.

It is six years since I did my medicals and they were £150-200 back then for adults (I cant remember exactly how much). I would have though a bit more by now but it is cheaper for children, if you have any.

Fee for IELTS looks about right and fee for skills assessment varies by occupation, but there would be nothing unusual about $900.

Hi Miacattv

I know all visas are different prices so can only tell you what I paid. I did a 309/100 visa (Partner Migration Visa) as my OH is Aussie.

I got my application in just at the end of 2013 before the yearly increase on 01 Jan, it cost £1400. My medical was £250 including X-rays and this has to be done at a registered clinic on their list. The police check cost £35.

(A point to remember is that if your visa is granted it will be backdated to when your medical or police check took place and that means the 12 month limit to move can work our as little at 6-9 months).

We did everything ourselves and it was a bit daunting to begin with due to the amount of paperwork, but nothing to be worried about at the end of the day as Australia House (London) have a helpline you can call if you have any queries.

I don't see you needing an IELTS test unless your first language isn't English.

Good luck with it all.

Hi Miacattv

I know all visas are different prices so can only tell you what I paid. I did a 309/100 visa (Partner Migration Visa) as my OH is Aussie.

I got my application in just at the end of 2013 before the yearly increase on 01 Jan, it cost £1400. My medical was £250 including X-rays and this has to be done at a registered clinic on their list. The police check cost £35.

(A point to remember is that if your visa is granted it will be backdated to when your medical or police check took place and that means the 12 month limit to move can work our as little at 6-9 months).

We did everything ourselves and it was a bit daunting to begin with due to the amount of paperwork, but nothing to be worried about at the end of the day as Australia House (London) have a helpline you can call if you have any queries.

I don't see you needing an IELTS test unless your first language isn't English.

Good luck with it all.

As a nurse, the OP will require academic ILETS as part of the skills assessment.

Hi

I am a staff nurse and I am hoping to move to Adelaide next year. I have consulted a migration company and was originally quoted £1800 + vat for thier costs ( I still have all other stuff to pay lol) but today when I told him I was going to try myself he managed to get the price to £1200 + vat. I think I may be smelling a rat

The easiest way is to get another quote and see how it comes out. There's someone from Go Matilda on these forums and people seem to be happy with them.

• The government fee for this application (Visa fee) : AUS$ 3520 (approx. £1850) for the entire family.

• Dependent: AUS$ 260

• Medical tests for you and the family – depending on where you do these the cost could vary but is generally under £150

• The assessing body will charge you a fee between AUS$ 900

• IELTS test will cost you between £125 - £150 depending on the date and location.

• Global-Migrate fee to process and file your application £1800+vat (You have the option to pay in instalments

Hi

I am a staff nurse and I am hoping to move to Adelaide next year. I have consulted a migration company and was originally quoted £1800 + vat for thier costs ( I still have all other stuff to pay lol) but today when I told him I was going to try myself he managed to get the price to £1200 + vat. I think I may be smelling a rat but I would like the peace of mind of having someone check everything for me. Also he said I would be better going on a 489 visa due to my age (40 just turned lol) can anyone advise me on this and if someone has used them even better I have copied the prices below and would really appreciate any help thanks in advance

Hi, Im a nurse as well going out on a 489 visa (aged 45 now), this was my only option for a visa due to the points etc. Here is what I have spent so far to date:

IELTS x 4 attempts !!!!!! £560

ANMAC Assessment £250

Notary Certification £120

Go Matilda £480 (reL EOI), £480 (re Mis North Coast Visa 489 App) + £600 (Final Visa)

Mid North Coast Sponsorshop £450

Visa Application £4500 (3 adults 1 child ((my eldest daughter being 18)))

AHPRA £270

Medicals (x4) £1100

Police Checks (x4) £100

I submitted my final visa application 31/12/14 and due to delays for one thing or another I am hoping to hear from 1st July onwards. Its been a roller coaster of emotions, financial stress etc. But the wait is almost over and I really hope everything comes through soon. Then its more money as we look at flights, seen prices for October at approx £2500 and a container at aprox £4000.

Doing this visa has not been easy. Having a migration agent has certainly helped us. I wont go into the ins and outs on here but they were priceless at one point and have been a huge help.

Good luck x

Hi Cherries002

We are also thinking of a 489... we also have a large family 5 children my wife and I, so understand the costs involved... What Migration agent did you use ? they sound like they were good ...

Cheers

Thanks cheeries002 that is really useful.i am waiting for go Matilda to call me and then I think I will go with them as it will be stressful enough selling a house full of goods and getting it ready to rent out lol. I am moving in with my friend and cost wise it makes no sense for me to take all my furniture and as most of it is not massively valuable I'm not too fussed I will buy once I'm out there. Only thing of real value is my electricals but I think again I'll buy out there. I am selling my car once everything is set up and this will pay my flights. Eeekkkkk scary saying it all on here lol.

I take it the ielts test is hard I'm dreading that part I have been told there are some revision books so I'll probably look at getting one of those.

Where in Australia are you moving to? I hope all goes well keep me posted good luck

xxxx

Hi, it's def worth getting revision book. I needed an 8 on each section to gain another 10 points, I kept getting 7 or 7.5 in the reading section and then 8 and above in the other sections. Some people sail through it others don't, I was so stressed with it all but not as stressed as I am while waiting for the visa to come through.

AS we had to opt for regional sponsorship in NSW we decided on Coffs Harbour. We originally wanted to go to Adelaide, it's still there if we decide we still want to go there in the future. Main thing now is the visa and then we can book the flights and the rest is just too scary to think about hahaha

Just spoken to go Matilda and she has said that I cannot get a visa as I only have a diploma in nursing and you now need a degree. I am so upset she is the only one who has said this. So it's bye bye dream Xxx

Archived