Backpack or suitcase?

Guest51810

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30988[/ATTACH]Right suitcases... I found this one. It's made by Samsonite so it should be a good one. Seems to have good reviews but just not sure about the material since some people have said the hard ones can crack but others say the soft ones can rip so can't really win. I've never yet had a suitcase ruined by baggage handlers but you never know

I've always had soft ones and have never had on rip in 40 years of travelling - but then again, I've never owned a hard one so I can't see if they're more likely to crack. Whichever one you feel happy with I think! That one looks like good value but it looks really enormous.

Edited by Marisawright

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30988[/ATTACH]Right suitcases... I found this one. It's made by Samsonite so it should be a good one. Seems to have good reviews but just not sure about the material since some people have said the hard ones can crack but others say the soft ones can rip so can't really win. I've never yet had a suitcase ruined by baggage handlers but you never know

Way too big! That would be a complete pain & probably wouldn't fit in half the places you'd need it to fit.

A decent soft case would not rip in normal use & neither would a decent hard one crack - it is possible for extreme handling by the airport but then you claim compensation and buy a new one.

I am thinking suitcase as I cant imagine carrying around a backpack and It will be ideal as I will be staying in hostels and moving around every so often, I am also looking at Thailand and Bali though for after Oz so I may need to rethink the suitcase situation when I do plan to go there and buy a backpack in Oz possibly :)