Permanent Visa For 85 Year old - Best way to go about it?

Joshisla

Hi Everyone

New to this forum and looking for some of you to share your knowledge.

My wife and I are currently waiting for our Contributory Visa to be granted(both my adult children are Australian citizens). When it's granted it is our intention to move to OZ and bring my 85 year old mother in law with us. I was hoping to bring her on a holiday visa and then once we get to Oz, apply for an aged parent visa for her. My understanding is that she would be granted a bridging visa until the aged parent visa comes through(which will probably never happen as the waiting list is that long). This would obviously then be able to live with us here on a permanent basis.

Would this be the best pay to go about it, am i missing something, or are there any other ways you can suggest?

Hi Everyone

My wife and I are currently waiting for our Contributory Visa to be granted(both my adult children are Australian citizens). When it's granted it is our intention to move to OZ and bring my 85 year old mother in law with us. I was hoping to bring her on a holiday visa and then once we get to Oz, apply for an aged parent visa for her. My understanding is that she would be granted a bridging visa until the aged parent visa comes through(which will probably never happen as the waiting list is that long). This would obviously then be able to live with us here on a permanent basis.

Would this be the best pay to go about it, am i missing something, or are there any other ways you can suggest?

Your mother would need sponsorship by a settled child, that is one that has lived in Australia for at least two years.

So you plan on bringing her on a tourist visa intending to have her stay? Not a terribly bright move and you run the risk of her not being allowed in. Talk to an agent but she may just have to wait until you're settled enough for her CPV

...it is our intention to move to OZ and bring my 85 year old mother in law with us. I was hoping to bring her on a holiday visa and then once we get to Oz, apply for an aged parent visa for her. My understanding is that she would be granted a bridging visa until the aged parent visa comes through...

If you are posting for advice on how to rort the visa system, you might be better not using your (presumably) real name and location.

Hi, can't give you any info for your mum but could you help me. We too are waiting for our CPV very early days for us, our application went in in April and the first application fee was taken at the end of April but we have had no correspondence with the Immigration service up to now. How advanced is your application, what was your timeline..... just want to get some idea really and a little more precise than 12 to 24 months....Ray

Hi Everyone

Refer to the initial posts where you are getting good advice, that you don't appear to have noticed that your mother in law wont have had a settled child living in Australia for 2 years. You say you haven't even got the visa yet.

Archived