186 Visa - Temporary Transition Scheme For Mechanics

lausco

Hey Guys,

Can anyone help?

My Boyfriend has worked two years under his 457 visa and now wants to apply for Permanent Residency.

His employer wants to sponsor him under the 186 Visa - Temporary Transition Scheme. Have any other mechanics on here made the same application?

Most importantly do you have to get skills assessed if you are doing Temporary Transition Scheme.

Just what paperwork does he actually need?

Thank so much and sorry if this has been asked before I can't find it.

Laura

Hi Laura.

No skills assessment is needed for a TRT application under subclass 186.

Information about eligibility and requirements for the nomination and visa applications is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx

A document checklist for the:

> Nomination application stage is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/186-employer.aspx

> Visa application stage is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/186-applicant.aspx

If you (or the employer) get bogged down maybe also explore the costs of instructing a registered migration agent.

Best regards.

What confused me was the following:Provide these documents at time of application lodgement if you are applying for this visa through the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

[h=3]Skills and qualifications (must hold at time of application)[/h]Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia.

• Registration, licensing or professional membership, if required for your occupation in the state or territory in which you will be working.
  • Documents from the relevant Australian registration and licensing authorities that show you hold, or will be able to meet, necessary registration and licensing requirements. The documents must specify both of the following:
    • the type of registration or licensing held
    • the name and contact details for the registration or licensing authority.

That's why I wondered did a mechanic need any of the above.

Thanks

What confused me was the following:Provide these documents at time of application lodgement if you are applying for this visa through the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

Skills and qualifications (must hold at time of application)

Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia.

• Registration, licensing or professional membership, if required for your occupation in the state or territory in which you will be working.

• Documents from the relevant Australian registration and licensing authorities that show you hold, or will be able to meet, necessary registration and licensing requirements. The documents must specify both of the following:

That's why I wondered did a mechanic need any of the above.

Thanks

Proceed with caution as licencing is required in most states and this is a time of lodgement criteria.

• 11 months later...
If you need to be licensed to work or hold any kind of registration as a mechanic in WA, you'd need to provide a copy of your license/registration.

Hello

My other half is a Plumber and currently holds a provisional tradesperson certificate from NSW Fair Trading. He has submitted 186 visa application and provided a certified copy of this licence. I am confused as to whether he needs a full unconditional licence (as per the old 186 checklist from 2013) or whether the provisional will suffice? The current checklist as of 2016 states that:

• Registration, licensing or professional membership, if required for your occupation in the state or territory in which you will be working. Documents from the relevant Australian registration and licensing authorities that show you hold, or will be able to meet, necessary registration and licensing requirements. The documents must specify both of the following:

He will be doing gap training to get the Australian qualification and full licence after the visa has been granted because we don't want to pay the cost without securing our PR - he is eligible for this training as he hold successful skills assessment and provisional licence, so therefore the "will be able to meet" requirement should be fine. Does anyone have experience with successful 186 visa applications recently been approved despite only holding a provisional trade licence? I read on a recent case example from a migration lawyer (dated April 2016) that a 186 application was refused because the Electrician was working under supervision, but they took it to the merit review and proved that he could still legally work as an Electrician on his current licence etc and therefore it was approved.

Thanks and really hope you can help, we have already paid for application...