Return flights to the UK...

wattsy1982

Hi,

We are going back to UK next June for a holiday and looking at flights.

They are currently coming out around $9000 return for our family of 4.

In peoples experience do flights tend to go up or down the longer you leave it?

Thanks

So your wife won:wink:

No permanent move back to the UK for you.

Still a holiday will make you feel better.

We came to a compromise...in her favour!

We are going back for a holiday next year and then after that if I still want to move back she said she will...so all being well we will be moving back in 2017!

It's a bit early to be getting good deals on fares a year away.

Wait till September. That's when the really good deals to the UK in the following summer seem to be advertised.

I haven't paid more than $1800 return for a flight to the UK in the last 10 years and $9k certainly seems a lot for four people (I'm assuming it's four adult fares?). Are you travelling in school holidays? Might be worth taking the kids out of school a week or so before the holidays start - you might get cheaper fares that way.

Agree with NickyNook with regards to waiting until September for better fares.

We prefer to fly with Singapore Airlines and are members of their Krisflyer program to collect the air miles. We have just this week returned from visiting the UK and the tickets for this we booked in September last year after receiving their Europe Early Bird fare promotion email. For two adults we paid a total of AUD 3,500.00.

Hi,

We are going back to UK next June for a holiday and looking at flights.

They are currently coming out around $9000 return for our family of 4.

In peoples experience do flights tend to go up or down the longer you leave it?

Thanks

I think that is quite a reasonable cost, but there is no need to buy this far in advance. I would keep looking for next few months, for sales and so on and look to have tickets bought at least six months in advance. From then on prices are more likely to go up than down, a year in advance and they could go either way.

I am currently sat in Qantas Lounge at HK our flights for this time of year with Qantas and BA were 1500. Wait on a good deal, I booked in October

I think you shouldn't go in the UK summer - you should go in November or February - that will be the true test of whether you want to move back or not.

We lived in the UK for 30 years before moving here so are aware of the weather.

Plus we are going back for a wedding and a 40th birthday, not sure they would postpone them until November!

We came to a compromise...in her favour!

We are going back for a holiday next year and then after that if I still want to move back she said she will...so all being well we will be moving back in 2017!

Share, you're looking at worsened exchange rates in 2017.

Costing us $6300 for family of 4 but we are flying in November. Wait for the sales before booking. I did get a quote for June this year which was $7600, but I couldn't get annual leave from work. The trouble I have had with booking my flight so far in advance is that the airline has changed the flight times twice already.

Archived