Are you feeling the pinch in oz

Perthbum

Do you mean if you work in Qatar the authorities confiscate your passport when you enter the country and you need special permission to leave.

I don't like the sound of that. How can they keep foreign citizens against their will ?

Sounds very odd.

They were teachers so I guess these rules applied.

[h=5]Exit Permit[/h] Residents with a Family Residence Visa do not need an exit permit to leave Qatar. However, sponsored residents who have a Work Residence Permit do need to obtain an exit permit, even if leaving Qatar temporarily.

I would imagine they were on a sponsored residence as my nephew had to get a job in a school before they could go. I know they got the exit visa by saying they were going to Dubai for the weekend for a break, which they did, but then got on a plane back to the UK as soon as they got back. They daren't tell anyone of their plans, not their friends their schools where they worked, they just bailed got out of there and rang the schools when they were back in the UK. Don't think they'll be going again.:no:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough luck for their students hey.

Yep. What would you have done though. They hated it from the moment they got there and knew they had made a mistake. They stuck it for a few months but were really down and at each others and the kids throats. I would have done the same thing.

Probably didn't help them one bit financially either. Lucky that they had rented their house out to a friend or it could have been even more messy.

Yep. What would you have done though.

If I was a teacher I think I would have felt a moral responsibility to complete the school year, so as not to impact the students.

But that is the way I think and not for everyone.

Sometimes you have to just look out for yourself I suppose.

If I was a teacher I think I would have felt a moral responsibility to complete the school year, so as not to impact the students.

But that is the way I think and not for everyone.

Sometimes you have to just look out for yourself I suppose.

My niece felt a bit guilty but my nephew was a deputy head so was a bit removed from teaching. My niece said the kids were great, she showed me a photo of when the kids had to draw their favourite teacher and pin it up on the noticeboard. Every kid drew a picture of her.