Best way to get my money back to the UK???

danj

hey guys moving back to the UK soon, i will have around $25k to take back and am wondering the best way to do so? would an online bank account be advisable? i don't have an account over there anyway and wouldn't really like to send it all to an account anyway because of the fees and the terrible exchange rate at the moment. ideas thanks

hey guys moving back to the UK soon, i will have around $25k to take back and am wondering the best way to do so? would an online bank account be advisable? i don't have an account over there anyway and wouldn't really like to send it all to an account anyway because of the fees and the terrible exchange rate at the moment. ideas thanks

Well you will need to open an account first, which you probably can't do until you get there. Not really sure what you mean by not wearing to sent it to an account though, I don't think that is an option. No getting away from fees and exchange rates, you won't get published rates, using a broker usually provides a better rate, but you will need a bank account at both ends to make the transaction,

Arrange with your Aus bank that you are moving and check how you can instruct the transfer from the UK ( on line or fax etc ) Register with a forex company like oxforex or moneycorp and do the transfer via them as they will give you a better rate and fee structure than a bank.

Once in UK open a bank account and do the transfer via the forex company. Easy.

Well you will need to open an account first, which you probably can't do until you get there. ,

No you don't! You can open an account with Moneycorp, convert it to Sterling and then just let the money sit in your Moneycorp account until you get your UK bank account opened.

Of course you can't access the money in the Moneycorp account and it won't earn any interest, but at least half the job is done!

Guest John from Moneycorp

You can read some information here - http://moneytransfer.pomsinoz.com/how-it-works.html

Easy way ,Phone Moneycorp and get registered. You must have relatives in the UK.Ask one that you trust,if you can transfer your money to their account. Then go to your bank in Aussie and fill a form out to send your money to Moneycorp.They will put it in the bank account of your relative.The best bank to deal with is Lloyd's,i had no problem's at all.You can then open a account in your names when you get there.It would be handy if your rely has a Lloyd's account.I had problems with the other banks,as they insisted on me having proof of my address.In the form of a utility bill.Which i didn't have. It is long drawn out affair i found trying to open a UK bank account from Australia.