go home to Uk, anyone who has had doubts. If illness a worry, go where your heart is.

kiwiathome

What a week.

I have been to appointments, details not needed. long story short, I am dealing more with endometriosis than cancer. But in this time, my neighbour has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and my tutor, (I am studying health allied admin) is not well and been diagnosed. She young. I am relieved and happy for myself. I am going into hospital soon, but with much more hope.

This is not meant to be sad. It is meant to be clarifying. If it came down to your true wishes, and you had health implications , what would you do? True answer.

We are going back to UK next year for a holiday and planning, then year after that, we are moving back to UK from Australia. How nice for me I now have much more chance to go back in person than not.

I have enjoyed this forum, and seen the dilemmas. It is simple. Go to the country where you want to live. It does not matter if you break your "pre chosen rules". The world is not that big. Aeroplanes are available.

Go to where you want to live. I want to live in the South East or South West of England, and that where we are going. Next year will check out. I am soooooo excited.

Just wondering how everyone else going who in dilemma.

Moderators, please do not move me. Because this is the far more interesting forum. Cheers.

Hi Kiwiinaus - we are moving back to the UK next week :-) We are partly going so that my 21 month old can grow up with his family but also so that I have more support with my illness. In short, I was diagnosed with a rare medical condition which occurred due to pregnancy and the week after giving birth I nearly died. I spent the first six weeks of my Son's life in hospital whilst my husband did a great job looking after a newborn and visiting me everyday. It all hit home during these weeks about how hard it was being at the other side of the world with no family or friends to visit me in hospital or pop round to see if my husband was coping. Anyways, 21 months on and I'm better than I was but will never be 100% again, the condition has left me needing several medications each day just to keep me alive with emergency injections to take if I relapse. There is not a huge amount of research out there about my condition but from what has been found the prognosis is about 10 - 15 years to live (I was 38 when diagnosed). So in answer to your original question, yes we are moving back due to health implications. We just need the support and I need to live out my days where I can hopefully be stress-free (i.e. not worrying about how my husband will cope with work/looking after our Son if I get ill again). Don't get me wrong I'm not all doom and gloom about the prognosis thing because it's such a rare condition that is not able to be fully measured, I'm now just of the mind that if I am to go before my Son finishes High School then I want to live life to the full and be around people who I feel safe with and also plan for that time if it ever comes too early, I tell myself though that I cheated death this time, so I have plans to make sure I'm still around for my Son in his 20's/30's :-)

Sorry to hear about your condition, but I will add how very brave you are and good luck for the future in the uk. We won't be far behind you in moving back after 8 yrs here.

Thanks beach pig - it has been a heck of a struggle over the last 2 years but I do feel both myself and my husband have come through it as much stronger people and we now know where we need to be as a family.

Oh you poor thing, what a time you have been through. Do you mind me asking what your medical condition is? So pleased you are moving back to where you want to be and have support.

I am a great believer that with breakthroughs in medicine and the healing power of feeling happy and supported, we have a chance to overcome almost anything. Medicine and natural health combined

together at times can beat many odds.

I guess when I started the above thread I was prob feeling a bit emotional. And maybe had a glass of wine!

The interesting thing for me is we are not going back to UK for family. My family are kiwi (obviously) but my daughter is English and my in laws are English. However I have lived in England on two separate

occasions, still have many fantastic friends over there, and we are never going back to NZ to live. Only to visit. So my choice to work in for hubby's career is to stay in Australia or go back to England.

Well England wins by a country mile. So I think if you have the chance or choice or reason to live where you really want, then life can be to short, and we should all go for it.

I hope you have a great trip back and I hope your condition continues to improve. Would love to hear what your impressions are of England once you are back. At least here now in Brisbane, it has got cold. Yeah.:wubclub:

In the 4 years before we decided to return to the UK my son & I were diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and I was then also diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, it certainly was a factor in us deciding to return.

Two weeks ago my mam was taken into hospital and she was diagnosed with bowel cancer and died the following day, it has been an awful shock and for my dad there are practical issues to deal with as he has mobility problems and my mam has been his carer for the last 18 months so he is going to move the 200 miles up to Scotland so I can care for him (& manage professional care for the things I cannot do) I do keep thinking how unbearable this would have been had we stayed in Australia.

Interestingly within a year of being back my RA went into remission and so far shows no sign of returning.

I hope you get back to where you want to be and find the happiness I have.

Oh you poor thing, what a time you have been through. Do you mind me asking what your medical condition is? So pleased you are moving back to where you want to be and have support.

I am a great believer that with breakthroughs in medicine and the healing power of feeling happy and supported, we have a chance to overcome almost anything. Medicine and natural health combined

I guess when I started the above thread I was prob feeling a bit emotional. And maybe had a glass of wine!

The interesting thing for me is we are not going back to UK for family. My family are kiwi (obviously) but my daughter is English and my in laws are English. However I have lived in England on two separate

occasions, still have many fantastic friends over there, and we are never going back to NZ to live. Only to visit. So my choice to work in for hubby's career is to stay in Australia or go back to England.

Well England wins by a country mile. So I think if you have the chance or choice or reason to live where you really want, then life can be to short, and we should all go for it.

I hope you have a great trip back and I hope your condition continues to improve. Would love to hear what your impressions are of England once you are back. At least here now in Brisbane, it has got cold. Yeah.:wubclub:

I am in a similar position to you, Aussie living in pommyland. Only thing I'll say is flights back get harder as the kids get older. School takes its toll, and it becomes expensive. I find I have to go back to visit by myself these days.

I am so sorry for your mum Lady Raincorn and now you have the pressure of helping your dad. I hope your RA says in remission for you and you stay relatively well during this stressful time. Isn't it interesting that you were better physically as soon as you were better emotionally by returning to England?

newjez I have seen you post a few times but not that familiar with your story. So you are saying you choose to live in pommyland and prefer it too Australia? I am already finding it hard to get back to NZ with the kids and their busy life and commitments. Funny enough I saw more of my mum when I lived in England. She would commit to coming out once or twice a year for at least two to three weeks at a time. Now that I am closer it does not seem deemed necessary for her to see as much of me. And of course it was wonderful for her to see some of England. She is of Irish background so when we move over and visit next, I am taking her to some Irish castle in our family, and to see the Blarney stone!

Do you think you will ever return to Australia one day, or is your life England now?

What a week.

I have been to appointments, details not needed. long story short, I am dealing more with endometriosis than cancer. But in this time, my neighbour has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and my tutor, (I am studying health allied admin) is not well and been diagnosed. She young. I am relieved and happy for myself. I am going into hospital soon, but with much more hope.

This is not meant to be sad. It is meant to be clarifying. If it came down to your true wishes, and you had health implications , what would you do? True answer.

We are going back to UK next year for a holiday and planning, then year after that, we are moving back to UK from Australia. How nice for me I now have much more chance to go back in person than not.

I have enjoyed this forum, and seen the dilemmas. It is simple. Go to the country where you want to live. It does not matter if you break your "pre chosen rules". The world is not that big. Aeroplanes are available.

Go to where you want to live. I want to live in the South East or South West of England, and that where we are going. Next year will check out. I am soooooo excited.

Just wondering how everyone else going who in dilemma.

Moderators, please do not move me. Because this is the far more interesting forum. Cheers.

My doc just recently told me that i may have endometriosis too.and the only way i can find out for sure is by undergoing a laparoscopy, which im scared of!lol...if you dont mind me asking what symptoms did you suffer from?you dont have to answer this question if you dont want,i'd totally understand, im just abit curious to know if it were similar to my symptoms. Im actually getting a second opinion though before i decide its it may well be endo...best of luck with everything.this is one of reasons we going home too

In the 4 years before we decided to return to the UK my son & I were diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and I was then also diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, it certainly was a factor in us deciding to return.

Two weeks ago my mam was taken into hospital and she was diagnosed with bowel cancer and died the following day, it has been an awful shock and for my dad there are practical issues to deal with as he has mobility problems and my mam has been his carer for the last 18 months so he is going to move the 200 miles up to Scotland so I can care for him (& manage professional care for the things I cannot do) I do keep thinking how unbearable this would have been had we stayed in Australia.

Interestingly within a year of being back my RA went into remission and so far shows no sign of returning.

I hope you get back to where you want to be and find the happiness I have.

Interesting how u felt better after returning.my husband reckons im going to feel much better too as soon as i land back in uk.fingers crossed.

Hi shak. Of course I am happy to tell you. I could write a book on endo!

Yes the definite diagnosis of endo is by laparoscopy. Prior to this you may have ultrasounds or (sorry all the blokes out there) an internal. The gyno can sometimes feel endo nodules. But not always. The ultrasound very rarely picks up endo, but can pick up cysts

that relate to endo. These can by endometrial cysts (sometimes called chocolate cysts) or hemorrhagic cyst. However the ultrasound does not always pick up cysts either. Hence, definite diagnosis is having a look by laparoscopy.

You have to weigh up your symptoms and how much it interferes with your quality of life versus the operation. I am about to have my third lap op, may turn into a laparotomy. A key hole lap is really not that bad so please do not worry too much. You obviously have a general, have three key hole incisions, one is in the belly button so virtually unnoticeable after. You should only be in hospital one night. Because you are not getting your muscles cut through the recovery is OK. You will need help for a week, possibly up to two weeks. You may be able to drive after a week depending on how much pain you are in. You have to be able to do a brake stop easily and not be on too much pain medication.

I do not know what symptoms you have but all my "girly" probs started when I was 36. If anything changes in your cycle and you notice differences, this is always a warning sign for the body. Typical endo pain is sharp abdominal pain, can be back pain, can be leg pain. You also get fatigue and can have nausea. I have had a total hysterectomy due to endo. Prior to this I suffered from low iron, then low haemoglobin eventually needing iron infusions.

I went to four different gynos and told them I thought I had endo. The last one decided to have a look. Prior to this apart from the symptoms and the clinical iron issues, I have never had anything show up on ultrasound. Once in, yes I was right and needed sorting. All the best and hope this can help any other women as well. Endometriosis is actually pretty common.

oops, thought I better clarify the above recovery time. The recovery of one to two weeks is to get over the operation if kept relatively simple. Hence just excision of endo, removal of scar tissue and un sticking anything that has got stuck or moved.

If there is a chance of some type of hysterectomy, this is obviously more involved and will take a longer recovery time. I would have a very clear plan with your gyno before the op and ask lots of questions. You need to establish what you will have removed or not have removed before the op. Obviously if things are bad in there and you give permission for your ovaries to go (or hopefully just one) you should be researching a little on HRT as well.

Read up all you can. But do be reassured the actual lap operation part of things is really not too bad and you will be well looked after in hospital. And once you recover, you get fantastic relief from pain. However do note, endo can return at a later date for some women.

Thanks for that info kiwi...another reason i dont want to go through any kind of op is because i actually dont get any pain,i just suffer from nausea and tiredness.and i have researched on endo and the main symptom is alot of abdominal pain.so im beginning to think that maybe its not endo and its to do with something else,such as stress,as this nausea has only got worse since i landed in oz.i got it every now and again before coming to oz,but i again im starting to think that were also due to stress,as i werent 100% about coming out here.im thinking maybe the doc is saying endo just to rule it out.i dont know...what kind of abdominal pains did u get?were they like period pains?

I have to say I am a little confused and please do not ever take what I say to replace professional medical information. If I was you I would be very much questioning a lap operation if your symptoms are nausea and tiredness. The pain from endo is a very definite and extreme pain. It makes period pain look like a walk in the park. Your other clue is period pain is obviously linked to a cycle. Endo pain will be more consistent and eventually become ever present.

Have you had blood tests? Do you relate your nausea and tiredness to food you have eaten? eg gluten? Do you have an autoimmune disease background? Are you lacking in a certain nutrient? Even a low vitamin D count can result in tiredness and nausea. My vitamin D count has become lower since living here as I don't want to look like a wrinkled lobster!

Please do get a second opinion. Why did you come out to Ausi if you weren't sure? And I think you have mentioned you are going back to England. I do think stress and lack of support or unhappiness can absolutely relate to our tum, our nerve endings from our brain link down there.

I have to say I am a little confused and please do not ever take what I say to replace professional medical information. If I was you I would be very much questioning a lap operation if your symptoms are nausea and tiredness. The pain from endo is a very definite and extreme pain. It makes period pain look like a walk in the park. Your other clue is period pain is obviously linked to a cycle. Endo pain will be more consistent and eventually become ever present.

Have you had blood tests? Do you relate your nausea and tiredness to food you have eaten? eg gluten? Do you have an autoimmune disease background? Are you lacking in a certain nutrient? Even a low vitamin D count can result in tiredness and nausea. My vitamin D count has become lower since living here as I don't want to look like a wrinkled lobster!

Please do get a second opinion. Why did you come out to Ausi if you weren't sure? And I think you have mentioned you are going back to England. I do think stress and lack of support or unhappiness can absolutely relate to our tum, our nerve endings from our brain link down there.

I appreciate you mentioning your symptoms, but want to mention that whereas they were relevant to you, when I was diagnosed, my symptoms were not at all like yours.

I have no medical knowledge/training whatsoever, so would not be in a position to state that my symptoms were the norm. Endometriosis can attach itself to areas apart from the obvious, so symptons can vary.

Shak I hope you find the cause of your feelings of nausea, it must be very debilitating for you.

Exactly, and that is why I said what I say does not ever replace professional medical information. The above was my experience at first diagnosis and my opinion. Of course endo symptoms can vary from person to person. However from my experience in terms of the last few years, my symptoms as sated above are pretty typical.

I hope you are free from you endo ramot.

go home to Uk, anyone who has had doubts. If illness a worry, go where your heart is.

I have illness and it is a worry, but my heart is in Australia and so is my home now. Never say never; but I never want to live in the UK again. All my family is there and most of my friends are there.........but so grateful to be in Australia that I will die here happy.

I have seen another doctor,who did blood tests,at the moment this doc is thinking it can be a autoimmune disease, hes referred me to a specialist, but i guess if it doesnt show up with anything then im planning to go home and see if my condition changes,if not,i will see the gp about endometriosis.im hoping it all subsides once im back in the uk...i came out here for my husband only,tried to think positive, but it isnt working out for me unfortunately

Hi Shak, I was reading your post above about being tired & getting nausea. Whilst yours is probably different to mine I had nausea & tiredness for years (I'm in my 20s). All doctors would ever do was pregnancy tests despite me saying I knew I wasn't pregnant then I found a great doctor who asked the right questions & did the right tests & found it was due to anxiety. I also have a really low iron count, something no other docs told me despite multiple blood tests. Definitely get a second or even third opinion :)

Hi Shak, I was reading your post above about being tired & getting nausea. Whilst yours is probably different to mine I had nausea & tiredness for years (I'm in my 20s). All doctors would ever do was pregnancy tests despite me saying I knew I wasn't pregnant then I found a great doctor who asked the right questions & did the right tests & found it was due to anxiety. I also have a really low iron count, something no other docs told me despite multiple blood tests. Definitely get a second or even third opinion :)

Glad you found answers.its terrible going through it.im also started to think its all due to stress and my hubby feels very certain that its definitely stress.im goin back to uk early next year now,ill see if it changes anything.im shocked that after multiple blood tests no one told you about your iron level

Junior members I'll tell you a little story. Let's make this thread about supporting members in a country they are not sure about, whether Ausi or England, and support all. Blokes included.

I was 28 in England, did not want to go, hubby's career, when I had my first baby. I had no family, no support. Had not been there long. Hubby worked as a pilot so he was away for 5 days at a time.

I had a hemmhorage (excuse spelling) after bub born. I went back into hospital when she was 6 days old. I was tired and so scared. And at that stage did not want to be in England.

Long story short, I had to pull myself through. It was my head that ruled my body. Sometimes to fix our bodies, we need to fix our heads. Don't down play that worries or thoughts or anything physiological (in our

heads) do not matter. Physical and emotional illness both matter. And emotional illness can become physical illness.

I guess I started this post to clarify. Make a decision do you really want to be in the country you are in. Can you battle and overcome the illness you have, whether emotional or physical in the country you are in.

I chose to stick out England, and it worked out great. But it may have not. So research, trust your bodies, and if the only real place to heal or safe guard you children is to move again, then call the shots.

I hope the younger members who are posting here get the support they need. And the not young members, like myself, just keeping talking is good. A forum can be a wonderful place to seek support and advice.

Hello again - my condition is Lymphocytic Hypophysitis. Basically my Pituatary Gland went haywire whilst I was pregnant and it wiped out all my hormones, stopped my body from producing cortisol (essential to maintain a blood pressure) and stopped my thyroid from working, so now I have to replace them all with medication/patches etc. I'm in agreement with whoever said that they feel they will be better once they are back home - when we visited last November I remember being able to get through the day without my usual nap that I always seem to need here in Australia, I also slept a lot better too - maybe it was because family were nearby, that's what I'm looking forward to again.

Oh how awful for you. Is that an autoimmune condition? Let's hope in the near future there is more research done on this condition and a cure. Yes you will feel so much better being able to relax and improve when you know your family will be around.

Do you know where you are moving back to in England? By your family?

I wonder what the health care system is like back there now. I have been reasonably looked after in Ausi with my health. Of course it helps to have the private health insurance, which is compulsory in my case.

We have the chance to become citizen's, but to be honest, the money it would cost us I would rather spend on an evening out! Or take the money back to England!

I'm curious about how everyone is dealing with those people that are being quite negative about their move back to the UK? My in laws have been quite negative about it & it makes it hard not to get upset about it. My husband & I are still quite young & have no attachments here so don't really understand the big deal :/

Am I correct in thinking you are a nurse Huggy? and you have a job already lined up? Sure I read this on another thread.

Are you planning on working in England, depending on your health?

I am just wondering what employment is like in the health care sector over there. My background is in health; exercise physiology and nutrition. I am studying at the mo to get my foot in the door, allied health admin. I have a chance to do by correspondence a diploma in nutrition UK based, to refresh my skills. Just wondering what the status of health jobs, natural health, nutrition etc is over there???

Archived