Is your work place on this list?

Jacaranda

I go to work for the money, I'm not bothered about spending more time than I have to there and I've no interest in playing daft games and competitions, like they do at google, microsoft and facebook. Those high tech companies try to make work like a home and offer all sorts of things that appeal mostly to young up and comers. Free coke, sandwiches, gaming consoles (we have a couple at work).

In my opinion these companies would love you to spend 24 hours a day at work but only want to pay you for 7.6 hours a day no matter what you work. They get you to do this by creating the impression that work is just a bit of fun and you really shouldn't be asking for those old fashioned concepts like what hours you are expected to work and paid overtime, god forbid.

Rio, BHP, Woodside, Chevron at least pay decent money so that's why they would be on the list.

I haven't worked for Coles but I have colleagues that have and it's not a healthy place to work. They restructure and do redundancies almost every 6 months and it's a very tough and long hours culture.

I also worked for another one on the list that was ok ... nothing to write home about :) They just big companies that have a high turnover of staff that doesn't necessary mean that they a desired company by others. Often people like to have them on their CVs but don't necessarily stay long. Same with Accenture.

Archived