189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a bit annoying, will the hotel refund or will singapore offer it as compensation?

I dont think we will get either - the hotel is non-refundable - we still need to stay there overnight and we booked a non- refundable room (best deal) and not the hotels fault......and i doubt SA will offer anything for a missed breakfast - shame was looking forward to a good breakfast before we go lol x Our original flight was leaving at 1pm so didnt need to be at airport till 10am but now leaving at 9am :-/ Will have to get up and rush around to get to airport for 6am :-/ Never mind - just hope the kids like the breakfast provided on the plane - or whatever we can get at the airport for a extortionate fee x never mind...

I rung Brisbane team 3 times this morning and get a ...ring back later we are busy message....

I dont think we will get either - the hotel is non-refundable - we still need to stay there overnight and we booked a non- refundable room (best deal) and not the hotels fault......and i doubt SA will offer anything for a missed breakfast - shame was looking forward to a good breakfast before we go lol x Our original flight was leaving at 1pm so didnt need to be at airport till 10am but now leaving at 9am :-/ Will have to get up and rush around to get to airport for 6am :-/ Never mind - just hope the kids like the breakfast provided on the plane - or whatever we can get at the airport for a extortionate fee x never mind...

I rung Brisbane team 3 times this morning and get a ...ring back later we are busy message....

Finally got through to Brisbane office 10 minutes ago and spoke with a case officier who has reviewed our requested information - he says it is all okay and that he will send me an email today - hopefully with grant!!! Now i definately will be checking email every 10 minutes!!!

Hurray ................ Got 3 golden mails of Visa Grant today morning !!!!

What a relief !! Still don't believe this... it has been long journey since last August..

Thanks all for support and advise.. special thanks to Shelz for advise of calling... I called up 4-5 times today morning.. Heard automated message followed by busy message 4 times before successfully reaching CO post automated message on my 5th attempt..

On cloud nine now .... Cheers and all the best to all !!!

Nice to see that the grants are coming thick and fast now. Congratulations to those who have received theirs in the last few days.

For those still waiting, you can take a lot of encouragement in the fact that other April applicants have got theirs, try not to think about it and just enjoy your weekend!

It is difficult, however, nice sunny and warm weather here in UK will help to enjoy weekend.

We have to have energy for next week as maybe finally we will get our golden e-mails :)

Enjoy weekend everyone !!!

Nice to see that the grants are coming thick and fast now. Congratulations to those who have received theirs in the last few days.

For those still waiting, you can take a lot of encouragement in the fact that other April applicants have got theirs, try not to think about it and just enjoy your weekend!

Hi all,

A friend of mine who applied for ENS 186 had a look at my 189 application and gave me the worst news ever: I HAVEN'T got a CO allocated yet.

I applied on 10th April, and it will be 3 months next friday, 10th July, since I did. I have been looking at threads around this forum, and it seems even people form late May have had CO allocated.

My immi account shows "Assessment in Progress", and like the naive person that I am, I assumed it was being processed by an officer. There doesn't seem to be any clear meaning for these "status" at all.

I've been told that because I'm not a nurse/doctor/It person/TOP priority occupation, my file is likely not to be looked at for another months or so. Also, coupled with the fact that I'm a new arrival to Australia (I've only been here for 18 months), it might take 2 years.

Has anyone heard of some similar cases?

I'm now thinking of switching my application to ENS 186, as my employer is keen to back me up on this and sort out the whole PR thing ASAP. I'm not too sure about my 189 visa fees though: it would be the most upsetting thing to lose all that money... :(

As I was super busy job-wise the last 3 months, I haven't been able to contact the GSM office (btw, the weblink they provided for the contact form does not work...) by phone. I will do so this week. Please advise of any specific questions I should ask them.

Thank you for your help! :)

Hi all,

A friend of mine who applied for ENS 186 had a look at my 189 application and gave me the worst news ever: I HAVEN'T got a CO allocated yet.

I applied on 10th April, and it will be 3 months next friday, 10th July, since I did. I have been looking at threads around this forum, and it seems even people form late May have had CO allocated.

My immi account shows "Assessment in Progress", and like the naive person that I am, I assumed it was being processed by an officer. There doesn't seem to be any clear meaning for these "status" at all.

I've been told that because I'm not a nurse/doctor/It person/TOP priority occupation, my file is likely not to be looked at for another months or so. Also, coupled with the fact that I'm a new arrival to Australia (I've only been here for 18 months), it might take 2 years.

Has anyone heard of some similar cases?

I'm now thinking of switching my application to ENS 186, as my employer is keen to back me up on this and sort out the whole PR thing ASAP. I'm not too sure about my 189 visa fees though: it would be the most upsetting thing to lose all that money... :(

As I was super busy job-wise the last 3 months, I haven't been able to contact the GSM office (btw, the weblink they provided for the contact form does not work...) by phone. I will do so this week. Please advise of any specific questions I should ask them.

Thank you for your help! :)

Assessment in progress means that you do have a CO assigned. They recently changed the statuses and posted them all on the website, it was easy to find on the old immi website but I'm afraid that I can't find it on the new 'border' website.

Don't panic!

hi, i got the golden email today at 9.15, i had applied on 3rd april, no contact from case officer in all that time, got a direct grant today. but i did call them on 3rd july, just to find out the status of my application. was told that application in progress and decision would be made soon. so, i think it is a good idea to call them. over the moon now.......................

I cant get through on the phone, called 15 times ahhhh

Dont give up. Keep calling them. I had to try nearly 25 times to get through. Surely they are super busy now coz so many people are trying to call them. G' luck!

I had to call 21 times to get through to immi but really glad I did, the lady said she would process it within the next hour and I would receive and email soon.... OMG now I am nervous, I hope that is good news!!!

I did notice the woman answered the phone in the quickest "hello can I help" voice I had ever heard haha. But she was really friendly after that. All credit to them, the customer service has always been perfect!

Now, check your immi account and you may see they finalize your application. They process very fast once you call them. You will get golden email very soon! :)

Archived