Worrying about finding work - We did too !!

Hello All,

Having emigrated to Port Macquarie (between Sydney & Brisbane) over 5 years ago now, we wanted to live the lifestyle out here in Oz and not have the continued CRAZYNESS of the city, but more the beach / bbq we desired so much.

Like alot of us coming over, work was a huge factor - so getting the right job at the right wage etc, but the reality is, it can be difficult to get big $$$ unless you live in the cities, so the more chilled out lifestyle seemed unreachable :dull:

Hindsight being a wonderful thing - Had we known then what we know now (didn't have the opportunity then), we would have set up our business in the UK whilst waiting for our visa and simply brought it over with us and continued to build whilst in Oz. The flexibility offers the opportunity to live and work anywhere in Oz and has offered both my wife and myself more time with our family and certainly more time to enjoy the beautiful lifestyle we moved here for.:cute:

We now run 2 successful businesses in our stunning Regional town of Port Macquarie and we would never go back to our old UK corporate lifestyle.

Happy to tell you more about what we experienced if it helps.

Lee & Anya

Hello All,

Having emigrated to Port Macquarie (between Sydney & Brisbane) over 5 years ago now, we wanted to live the lifestyle out here in Oz and not have the continued CRAZYNESS of the city, but more the beach / bbq we desired so much.

Like alot of us coming over, work was a huge factor - so getting the right job at the right wage etc, but the reality is, it can be difficult to get big $$$ unless you live in the cities, so the more chilled out lifestyle seemed unreachable :dull:

Hindsight being a wonderful thing - Had we known then what we know now (didn't have the opportunity then), we would have set up our business in the UK whilst waiting for our visa and simply brought it over with us and continued to build whilst in Oz. The flexibility offers the opportunity to live and work anywhere in Oz and has offered both my wife and myself more time with our family and certainly more time to enjoy the beautiful lifestyle we moved here for.:cute:

We now run 2 successful businesses in our stunning Regional town of Port Macquarie and we would never go back to our old UK corporate lifestyle.

Lee & Anya

People living in the UK - pay close attention to this thread. One of the best advice threads I have ever seen and I couldn't agree more.

At last - a voice of reason and an illustration of how to really 'live the dream'..... Awesome

Firstly I would like to say well done that's brilliant ! I'm pleased to hear it :)

secondly ....is it really that simple ...for people don't you have to have money to accumulate money ?

3rdly my hubbie has ideas but what he would need to do is shell out aload of cash first ...he has told me what for and then when he's done that you have still got make sure the money's coming in he's bringing in now while that took off ....so not so simple . It's depending what ya business is in of course to whether the initial layout would be costly . He knows more I'm not much use but I do know he said it's the initial cost .

Hello All,

Lee & Anya

It's pretty easily reachable in Perth. There are fantastic beaches 10 minutes out of the City where you wouldn't know you were anywhere near a City. City Beach and Cottesloe are out of the price range of most people but travel North another 30 minutes and you can be in a beachside suburb and still be in easy reach of working in a major City. Either via public transport or in the car.

Perth is the only City I've found to be able to do this. Maybe Adelaide if you lived down in Glenelg, looks like it has some nice beaches and beachside parks. Sydney and Melbourne are too busy and Melbourne doesn't have that nice beaches close to the City. They get packed on a nice day. Brisbane doesn't have any beaches close by.

It's pretty easily reachable in Perth. There are fantastic beaches 10 minutes out of the City where you wouldn't know you were anywhere near a City. City Beach and Cottesloe are out of the price range of most people but travel North another 30 minutes and you can be in a beachside suburb and still be in easy reach of working in a major City. Either via public transport or in the car.

Perth is the only City I've found to be able to do this. Maybe Adelaide if you lived down in Glenelg, looks like it has some nice beaches and beachside parks. Sydney and Melbourne are too busy and Melbourne doesn't have that nice beaches close to the City. They get packed on a nice day. Brisbane doesn't have any beaches close by.

Hey brisbane has has a man made beach in southbank lol love it ......and I live around the corner from a little beach and sea and it's still nice cafés and resturants and things , wa coastline is fab ...but brissie is fab too . And ya not short of things to do in brissie and it's vibrant love that about it .lol . And straddie isn't far away that's lovely too .....brissie for the stunningly beautiful beaches is Gold Coast or sunshine ....but straddie isn't far from me and that beautiful . :)

People living in the UK - pay close attention to this thread. One of the best advice threads I have ever seen and I couldn't agree more.

At last - a voice of reason and an illustration of how to really 'live the dream'..... Awesome

See you fell for it already!

It's a nice idea IF you can make it work. I assume this is an online business, if it's so transportable - and making a success of an online business is very hard work these days. Your idea is a good one IF people have the time and energy to work at their fledgling business in their spare time in the UK, until they're confident it's bringing in enough income to support them in Oz - which for most small businesses would be two or three years, and probably longer if they start knowing nothing about the online world.

Thank you - we just wanted to give other like minded Pommies an idea from what we had experienced, as alot of them (like us) wanted to move and Make the Change (not live in a city)

Hi NickyNook,

Not trying to drum up anything - just offering our experience after moving from Cheshire and our main fear was work arrangements as we had been employed in larger Blue Chip companies with a salary to match. However, to stay true to our reasons for moving, we had to look at whether we wanted to jump in to the CBD areas and earn the big $$$ again or actually Make and Be the change we wished for. We obviously chose the later and we have not looked back since.

If we had our time again, I would have done more research into the Port Macquarie area/economy etc - looked at our transferrable skills and started working on them in the UK (whilst building a business base on the side). We would have hit the ground running in Oz with something that we would have known was in short supply in a regional area.

We found that gap only when we moved here and have maximised it ever since.

We get to live the lifestyle we dreamed of and would never go back.

No sales pitch here :smile:

Lee and Anya

Cheers Lee & Anya,

All who have commented on this thread. If you are not already aware - have a read up on the concept of passive income.

Some key terms and concepts to research;

- The difference between an asset and a liability (hint, your house IS NOT AN ASSET)

- Gross / net passive income streams

- Corporation law

- Limited liability company law

- Trust law

- Fiat money and fractional reserve banking

Lee and Anya are trying (forgive me if not the case) to illustrate how, with the correct understanding of money - you can build a structure that really is living the dream.....

LOL!

Half a dozen keystrokes on Google will show you that the OP is a distributor for a Californian 'Direct Marketing' company.

You might believe that he has only altruistic reasons for making his first post about how successful he's been here ("happy to tell you more"), but I'm a little more cynical. :wink:

Cheers Lee & Anya,

All who have commented on this thread. If you are not already aware - have a read up on the concept of passive income.

- The difference between an asset and a liability (hint, your house IS NOT AN ASSET)

- Corporation law

- Trust law

Lee and Anya are trying (forgive me if not the case) to illustrate how, with the correct understanding of money - you can build a structure that really is living the dream.....

You sound like a dodgy facebook AD. Is there an expensive seminar I can learn more at?

Cheers Lee & Anya,

- Corporation law

- Trust law

Must have been on the same course as OP!

Rather self evident to my mind. Anyway suitable employment will remain the biggest obstacle to settlement. While some places such as Port Macquarie, must be inviting places to live the reality most need to work and such locations will hardly fit the bill. Such schemes I'd have thought rather passé these days? Evidently not.

Rather self evident to my mind. Anyway suitable employment will remain the biggest obstacle to settlement. While some places such as Port Macquarie, must be inviting places to live the reality most need to work and such locations will hardly fit the bill. Such schemes I'd have thought rather passé these days? Evidently not.

Yeah, fair enough.... My point really was that if people educate themselves with respect to really understanding money - you can set about a plan that will create dependable passive income over a short / medium term which then enables you to be geographically 'untied' to work....

I am not, have not, and don't intend to try and sell anything to anyone on here - for anything!!

The challenge is finding / creating the business opportunity that will create passive income though. That's the hard part.

[quote=surfndirt;1936722214

The challenge is finding / creating the business opportunity that will create passive income though. That's the hard part.

In other words finding someone gullible enough to listen to your crap and go do the hardwork while you sit on your arse and make commission because you have signed them up!

Threads like this are blatantly dishonest.

There is a subtle hidden agenda to promote the pyramid selling scheme hidden inside a seemingly innocuous thread about finding work.

No wonder these schemes have such a bad reputation. People become dishonest trying to sell and recruit friends etc.

Archived