What are the latest children's crazes in Australia?

Peachy

Hi

I have 2 boys (7 and 9) and they are keen to know what their peers at school will be into. I know there is a huge range of interests but I would love to know what sort of things kids like doing / crazes etc.

Mine love loom bands, match attax (football cards), Lego, minecraft and types of cars - not necessarily in that order.

Are there are any global interests / crazes?

Thanks

Hi

I have 2 boys (7 and 9) and they are keen to know what their peers at school will be into. I know there is a huge range of interests but I would love to know what sort of things kids like doing / crazes etc.

Mine love loom bands, match attax (football cards), Lego, minecraft and types of cars - not necessarily in that order.

Are there are any global interests / crazes?

Thanks

Loom bands are over. Minecraft is still in. Woolworths card collecting continues (God help all poor parents- including me). Sport is always big. Shows such as 'The Regular Show' and 'Adventure Time' are very popular. I see it all at school.

Yep definitely minecraft and The Sims for my 11 yr old anyway.The 6 yr old loves Pokemon and has found that people trade the cards at school, so she's happy!! Other than that sports seem to be a big thing.

Judging by my 7 years old and his class, it`s Skylanders, Minecraft, Pokémon cards, Woolworth`s collectible dominoes ( couple months ago they had animal cards). Kids especially love anything collectible like cards that they can swap with one another. Lego is quite popular too.

My grandson, just turned 12, is obsessed with cricket, soccer and AFL. Plays in a cricket team in Summer and an AFL team in Winter. His younger sisters like those dominoes you collect at Woolworths and dancing and karaoke ( they have a machine).They all like camping and going on holidays. They especially love their nanna and grandad taking them out to different restaurants with different cuisines ( Thai, Japanese, Indian, Vietnamese etc)

Global interests such as minecraft, pokemon, skylanders , anything xbox, playstation , ipad or anything to do with computers is popular , anything to do with sport also , skate boarding and scooters we found was more popular over here than in the Uk , lots of kids go to school on these where we live and theres alot more skate park facilities over here .

great question? I too am keen to know such comparable data too. I have a 9 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy..he is beginning the match attack saga whilst she is gymnastics mad..am confident we will find our niche in sydney ...kids are kids all over...

hopefully a but young yet graffiti lol !

Archived