Help - Ready to Lodge 189

Joachim

Hi All

I got my invitation to apply for the 189 visa this morning and I want to apply straight away (I'm not using an agent) but I have some queries as follows and was hoping somebody would be able to help me.....

1. Once I submit the application, do I then have to wait for it to be processed before I submit all my necessary documentation? I didn't find anywhere on the application where I am required to do so

2. When do I make the payment for the visa?

3. Can I go ahead and have the medical completed so that it doesn't delay me further down the line? I'm aware that this is all I need for the medical? (a medical examination, a chest x-ray and (if aged 11 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds), an HIV test (if aged 15 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds))

I'm really confused on this question

Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

My boyfriend is currently in Australia on a 457 visa and I've already stated on the application that we're defacto as well as the date the relationship started as requested, I'm not currently adding him to my visa application (although that may change later)

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any experience of any of the above and could shed some light on it for me

Thanks in advance

Hi All

I got my invitation to apply for the 189 visa this morning and I want to apply straight away (I'm not using an agent) but I have some queries as follows and was hoping somebody would be able to help me.....

1. Once I submit the application, do I then have to wait for it to be processed before I submit all my necessary documentation? I didn't find anywhere on the application where I am required to do so

2. When do I make the payment for the visa?

3. Can I go ahead and have the medical completed so that it doesn't delay me further down the line? I'm aware that this is all I need for the medical? (a medical examination, a chest x-ray and (if aged 11 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds), an HIV test (if aged 15 years or older or considered appropriate on clinical grounds))

I'm really confused on this question

Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

My boyfriend is currently in Australia on a 457 visa and I've already stated on the application that we're defacto as well as the date the relationship started as requested, I'm not currently adding him to my visa application (although that may change later)

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any experience of any of the above and could shed some light on it for me

Thanks in advance

1. Once you submit the application, it will immediately become possible for you to submit the necessary documentation.

2. As soon as you make the application - it's part of the application process.

3. You can have the medical and get your PCCs immediately if you with to do so or you can wait until a request for them. The medical must be performed by a Panel Physician and they know exactly what is required.

The question about your boyfriend is a tricky one. If he qualifies to be considered as your partner i.e. you've lived together in a marriage-like de facto relationship for at least 12 months or otherwise meet the One-year Relationship requirement, and you don't want to include him as your partner, you should include him as a non-migrating dependent. TBH though, if he qualifies as your partner, you would be crazy not to include him as your partner as that way, he gets PR at the same time as you and it will be much cheaper and easier than doing it any other way. Migrating partner or non-migrating dependent, he must still have a medical.

Edited by Ozmaniac
Grammar

1. You will need to upload all your documents before they can finalise your visa. Since it's possible they could assess your application based on what you have (or haven't yet) submitted, it would be wise to upload your documents within a week or two of submitting your application.

2. You pay the fee as soon as you complete your online application. Your application isn't considered as lodged until after you've paid your fee. Only after you submit and pay the fee can you then begin to upload your documents.

3. Yes, you can do this. Once you lodge your application, you will be able to access the HAP ID number which the panel doctor needs to complete your medical checks. You can get your HAP ID number from your Immi Acct (I don't recall exactly where this is located but hopefully someone else will advise or you can find this by searching the forum or DIBP website)

If you choose not to include your partner in your application, I think you would answer NO since he's already in Australia. However if you can provide evidence of your de facto relationship, then it would be best to include him - it's far easier and cheaper to include him in your 189 visa vs. paying for a partner visa down the track. Either way, you should make sure to declare your status as de facto in your application otherwise it will cause all sorts of grief to suddenly say you've been de facto pre-dating your 189 application.

Hi Ozmaniac

Thanks for your reply and information

I'm worried that they won't accept him as we haven't been together for more than 12 months, although we are getting our relationship registered so we should have that done in 2 weeks

In my expression of interest I said that I wasn't going to have a partner on my application so can I now include him?

Also will it delay the visa process if I change my circumstances and later add him?

Hi MaggieMay24

Thanks for your reply and information

I've already included that he we are in a defacto relationship but we're only together since June so I'm also included that date. We are in the process of getting our relationship registered but it will take 2 weeks.

I would prefer to include him so that he can also get PR but I'm worried that it will delay my visa application.....

Hi

Just coming back to you with regard to the inclusion of my boyfriend in the following question

It states 'not travelling to Australia' but he's already here so therefore I'm really confused now as to what to select

When you submitted your EOI, you couldn't have said that you were going to include a partner because at that point, he didn't qualify to be included and you therefore didn't have a partner. As soon as your relationship is registered, he then becomes eligible and you can submit a Change of Circumstances Form 1022 to add him. The earlier you can do that in the process, the less likely that it will delay processing. In anticipation, he should get his medicals and PCCs when you get yours so they can be uploaded as soon as he's added to your application.

Ozmaniac

In the EOI I said that I was NOT going to include him......

Thanks for the advice that makes sense to submit the change of circumstances form and add him once the relationship is registered

So with regard to the other question, should I just put a No on it as he's already in Australia?

Hi

Just coming back to you with regard to the inclusion of my boyfriend in the following question

It states 'not travelling to Australia' but he's already here so therefore I'm really confused now as to what to select

Don't worry about the 'travelling to Australia' bit. They're not actually talking about the actual act of travelling to Australia. They want to know if you have a partner or dependent family member who is eligible to be included on your application but who will not be applying for the visa. Right now, you do not have such a person. In immigration terms, until your relationship is registered, you do not have a partner or dependent family member so the correct answer if you're applying right now is NO and that has nothing to do with the fact that he's already in Australia. It's all to do with the fact that he isn't yet your partner as far as DIBP is concerned.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac

Thanks very much for the clarification again, really appreciate it

Only other question I have is my defacto relationship, was I correct to state that I'm in a defacto relationship in both the EOI and the visa application even tho its less than 12 months?

Yes, it's absolutely correct to state that you are in a de facto relationship on both the EOI and the visa application. If you had NOT said that, it would then be contradictory to suddenly add him as your partner when you will be relying on having lived together in a de facto relationship as part of your relationship evidence.

I've a query with regard to my employment history on the 189 visa application stage......

I can't fit all my duties and responsibilities onto the allowed space so I've just put in as much as possible

I'm assuming this will be ok and they'll look at my CV and skills/employment assessment for further details?

Also I'm assuming I only have to put in my employment history for the years that I can count as having employment in my nominated occupation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've a query with regard to my employment history on the 189 visa application stage......

I can't fit all my duties and responsibilities onto the allowed space so I've just put in as much as possible

I'm assuming this will be ok and they'll look at my CV and skills/employment assessment for further details?

Also I'm assuming I only have to put in my employment history for the years that I can count as having employment in my nominated occupation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

as far as your duties are concerned just mention them briefly. for instance don't write full sentence. in my case i just mentioned major duties because the space is not enough..you should not worry coz at the end u would be uploading them your employment docs such as skilled ref letter from your employer which should contain all your duties.

you should count your employment years as stated in your skilled assessment letter by the concerned assessment authorities to which i hope you had done your skill assessment first before lodging your eoi.

hope it helps.

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!

This is my very first post on here and I am hoping I'm kind of in the right place for some help!

I have a few questions and would love if anyone could advise?I uploaded my EOI and was invited to apply for the subclass 189 visa on Thursday and I'm a bit worried!

Should I apply for the 189 visa now or wait 60 days to see if I get any other offers for other visas which could be cheaper or more suitable? Which I'm not sure which, maybe the sponsored visas?

If I apply for the 189 would this hinder any other possible visas in offered?

Further to this, and this is why I think it relates to this thread, although I have put that I am engaged on the EOI I didn't say that my fiancé was a dependent?

Does this mean that he cannot be involved in this visa application?

I am attempting this without an agent so any help is much appreciated!

Jade