189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Awwww that's lovely, thanks guys. Xx I'm hoping there will be an immense release of tension when I get that golden email. We will have gotten married, totally renovated our house, gone through the whole Skills assessment and visa application process and emigrated all in less than a year if all goes well. It's been epic! (If stressful :wacko:) I can't wait to not have to worry as much about paperwork and documents.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we now need that golden email more than ever. Hubby has just been given notice of redundancy. Has 30 days to decide wether to take voluntary redundancy or apply for one of many fewer jobs they are being replaced with. No pressure!! The news resulted in instant nausea for me, I think I may have reached my tolerable stress limit. I just really hope we get to hear about our visa this week.

Just thought I'd introduce myself here. I got my ITA on the 14th of February and lodged my 189 application on the 27th of March (65 points for age, education and IELTS, no work experience). Front loaded everything except UK police clearance, will be uploading that today. Fingers crossed.

Additionally, does anyone know if its okay to keep attaching documents for as long as you want, after lodging? or is there a time limit? And does this affect the order in which your application will be processed?

Well, we now need that golden email more than ever. Hubby has just been given notice of redundancy. Has 30 days to decide wether to take voluntary redundancy or apply for one of many fewer jobs they are being replaced with. No pressure!! The news resulted in instant nausea for me, I think I may have reached my tolerable stress limit. I just really hope we get to hear about our visa this week.

Awww so sorry to hear that Hun, stay positive because your golden email isn't far away. On another postive note, it's extra spending money for your new life and one less thing to do when email lands!! Sending you happy/positive vibes!! Xx

Assigned CO today (15/04/15) and requested further information - PCC for time spent in Japan and evidence of wife's functional English as she is Japanese! Sent off documents hoping that what I had will suffice??!! Fingers crossed.

Just thought I'd introduce myself here. I got my ITA on the 14th of February and lodged my 189 application on the 27th of March (65 points for age, education and IELTS, no work experience). Front loaded everything except UK police clearance, will be uploading that today. Fingers crossed.

Additionally, does anyone know if its okay to keep attaching documents for as long as you want, after lodging? or is there a time limit? And does this affect the order in which your application will be processed?

Yes, you can keep adding documents. I have done this and no errors or mishaps have been reported from CO who has been assigned today. Good luck!

Exactly and thanks Ninny, it could very well be a blessing in disguise! The 30 day decision period, however, comes up 5 days before it will have been 3 months since we applied. So I may have to ring immigration a little earlier if we haven't heard anything by then, to explain the situation. But we shall cross that bridge if and when we come to it. In the meantime we are just keeping positive and sticking to the plan. X

I'm pretty positive you will hear before the weekend Pinkestlady....we got assigned a CO from Adelaide team yesterday (14/4) and have a request for additional info - (another PCC and AFP due to my parents spelling my name on my birth certificate ending with an A not an E then proceeding to spell it with an E for the rest of my life!!!) I had totally forgotten about this until after lodgement and PCC/AFP's were conducted and uploaded so the Ozzie one is done and on the way, just hoping paying 89pounds means that the UK one will land on my Mums mat tomorrow!

Assigned CO today (15/04/15) and requested further information - PCC for time spent in Japan and evidence of wife's functional English as she is Japanese! Sent off documents hoping that what I had will suffice??!! Fingers crossed.

good luck buddy..u r just away from the golden email, grant will come to u very soon ....

Pinkestlady I hope that things pan out quickly for you and that the shock of your OH's redundancy soon disappears for good! My brother was made redundant recently and was given a nice little payment. Hope that there is one coming your way, too!

Fingers and toes crossed for you guys.... I'd say they must be in the pipeline next few days... No news is good news until that grant lands!! How soon are you all planning on going once the golden email lands? Whole

new level of stress then will

commence but atleast it won't involve sleepless nights constantly checking emails lol!! :)

Co assigned today! What a relief, I hope all of you still waiting hear soon! We have to now book medicals and sort police checks.

my husband is from South Africa and we need to obtain PCC from there for a period of time but that could take a while... Does anyone know of a company that they could recommend to help us?

Anyone got any idea how long roughly it takes from uploading medicals and police check to getting visa grant?? We applied feb 2nd and had co ask for our medicals etc which we did on the 8th of April. I'm impatient I know!! ☺️

Dreamboy,

I had an issue uploading using an iPad. I changed to a computer and things went ok. Just select the first blank cell and start to fill all your details in. Once finished just close the spreadsheet as the data will be automatically saved.

Woohoo! Case officer assigned! Form 80 requested for both of us and military details for my hubby. Omg just looked at firm 80, how can anyone get all that information??! I feel sick just reading it.

Yey! At last!!! I looked at the form 80 and I think you just need to do it to "the best of your knowledge". At least you have your CO and its a step in the right direction towards the golden ticket! I think my heart literally paused for a few seconds when I saw it in the inbox!! We know what you will be up to this weekend!! xx

Hi All

I just got my grant so so happy

got email this morning looking for PCC for UK as my company was based there but I never lived there so I called IMMI and they said I didn't need one and that case officer would finalise application

two mins later i got email with the grant

Applied 27 Feb and then added second applicant 2 April

We both got the grants so so happy

Archived