fiona stanley hospital interview advice

xxlornaxx

I have telephone interview with fiona stanley hospital in perth this week..im a nurse...the hr guy said they are very strict in their time limits n will not be longer than 25mins..this has made me feel even more nervous...anyone bn interviewed here? Question types? How many? Etc..anything will b helpful. They said they will send interview questions during interview by email so we dnt waste time wth candidates asking for question repeat or losing track...I dnt have computer only my phone which I'll b speaking on so dnt know how I'll wrk that out to view emails too...sounds scary n rushed..but think id like the job. thanks.

If you are filling in any forms or sending e-mails don't use text speak like you've posted above. It's not a good look.

Good luck with the interview though, if you are a well qualified and experienced nurse you should be in, as long as you are professional in the interview. 25 mins with questions outlined before you get the interview sounds like a shoe in.

I had an interview with them last year, it was fine, 5 questions 3 interviewers. Look at the interview

questions and jot down some points in preparation. The only off putting thing was the delay between us both speaking. I got offered the job (it was for a recruitment pool) Good Luck

Was it scenario based questions..or mixed? How long till u heard if u were succesful or not? Thanks for info

From memory, one was about handling a confrontation/agitated family member in a clinical area scenario. One was around my knowledge of midwifery standards/ clinical governance. One was around a project/ initiative that I had been involved in. Nothing too challenging to be honest. Just remember the time difference! I think it was a few weeks, before I heard anything, and I haven't had a formal job offer from the recruitment pool. In fairness they did ask me at interview when I would be available to work, and I didn't have my visa or ahpra in place at the time. They have sent asking me to inform them when my visa/ahpra is in place. I don't think they will offer me a job until Ahpra has been granted, in view of the problems with people getting registration why would they? Hope this helps.

Well now I can answer my own question! And will in case it helps anyone else!...it was for clinical nurse position..liasion mental health. ..they phoned bit early...email of questions came through at same time as call...three ppl..four questions...three on 'give an a example of when u have' and one on 'what would u do in this situation'..took 25mins....job is not how it was described on ad really so im not much keen on it anymore..they said I would hear in two to three weeks...ah well kp searching. Thanks for replies n well wishes :)

Well now I can answer my own question! And will in case it helps anyone else!...it was for clinical nurse position..liasion mental health. ..they phoned bit early...email of questions came through at same time as call...three ppl..four questions...three on 'give an a example of when u have' and one on 'what would u do in this situation'..took 25mins....job is not how it was described on ad really so im not much keen on it anymore..they said I would hear in two to three weeks...ah well kp searching. Thanks for replies n well wishes :)

Thanks for your share ! And it's good that you gain some experience by having interview with them, so you can find the job that you really want in the future.

Would you mind please share more about the content they asked ? If you worry about sharing here, can you just PM me? I really appreciate it, as I also feel nervous about the future interview even though I am still waiting ahpra ( which is a nightmare) and I have been out of job for 1 years and 4 months now .

Archived