Price of a pint?

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok I think this is really serious stuff for the blokes. I've heard lots of people ranting about the price of a beer in Perth compared to other states. So come on how much is a pint of beer near you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen

I think clubs are the best option these days. I don't drink beer so I've never learnt the price or been interested but it was after a few comments I thought I'd have a peak.

Found this that compares a few https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/cdn.venuescms.com/venues/wct/file_30.pdf?response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3D%22download_30.pdf%22&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIGAMT54NXGJ5AGCA&Expires=1424518446&Signature=x9Q7DuaMfZcQC0KqHRc3gADN0hY%3D

Guest The Pom Queen

I was looking at the Stella for $11 it's not even a pint it's only 500ml where as I am sure a pint of beer here is 570ml.

Guest The Pom Queen
So expensive! I worked in a pub near Loch Lomond long, long ago and I still remember that a half pint was 1 shilling and threepence and a pint was half a crown. Really showing my age now :laugh:

Lol you are showing your age. I remember when half a pint was 45p

In 2011 we went to Margaret River and were charged $17 for a pint of cider! I am still recovering from the trauma.

And you paid it:laugh:

there is a few cheaper places in Perth for drinks, normal bars, not clubs.

In the CBD, the cheapest I've found are in the square round print hall. Which surprised me:rolleyes: that's a nice place to go anyday of the week.

could name a few other places, but I'm sure the snobs of PIO would turn their noses up at such ale houses:mad:

Rocky foreshore, right on the front, you can get a choice of bottled beers or ciders for $5, ok it's not a pint, but seriously we would have to pay nearly that in pounds on a night out in the city where we lived in the UK. Here you can kick back, watch the boats, the sea, the dolphins.

Its not a lot to pay to have that view

And you paid it:laugh:

there is a few cheaper places in Perth for drinks, normal bars, not clubs.

In the CBD, the cheapest I've found are in the square round print hall. Which surprised me:rolleyes: that's a nice place to go anyday of the week.

could name a few other places, but I'm sure the snobs of PIO would turn their noses up at such ale houses:mad:

Rocky foreshore, right on the front, you can get a choice of bottled beers or ciders for $5, ok it's not a pint, but seriously we would have to pay nearly that in pounds on a night out in the city where we lived in the UK. Here you can kick back, watch the boats, the sea, the dolphins.

Its not a lot to pay to have that view

You can give me a list later on in the year! I definitely want a view with dolphins lol. Amazing!

Ok I think this is really serious stuff for the blokes. I've heard lots of people ranting about the price of a beer in Perth compared to other states. So come on how much is a pint of beer near you?

Between £2.40 and £2.80 at our local......the pub down the road has it as low as £1.90 when the football is on:wink:

I haven't a clue how much beer is here. £2.50 or something. I think vodka is the same. Cider is nearer £3.50 for things like kopparberg in pub. On herm everything was £3.60. So that was a bit of a surprise for me paying that for a vodka when I'm used to cheaper. I'm a bit of a cheapo

I remember paying something like $18 for a bottle of cider (not even a pint) in Little Creatures - didn't stop me going, I loved the place but it was an occasional treat.

Average price for a draft pint where I live is £2.65 but then the average salary here is just under £27k.

I'm not much of a beer drinker myself but I did get a shock going into a wine bar in London with my manager after work - it was very dimly lit and I didn't have my specs and I honestly thought the wine list was per bottle not per glass....the cheapest was £12.95 and it went up from there!!! I had a stunning Malbec which was £14.95, locally I would definitely get a bottle for that admittedly maybe not quite of that quality.

It reminds me of when we first moved to Scotland from London and went in a pub in Edinburgh (not the cheapest place in itself and this was in the heart of the old town) and ordered drinks and food, when they asked for the money my OH thought that was just for the drinks and as we were paying with a card he asked could he pay for the food too...the bill was for it all :)

We were broke a lot of the time we were in Perth and the only drinking I really did was on work nights out, in the CBD I found $8-9 a pint the norm.

Archived