Anyone else going crazy waiting?

elzawelza

I was fine until we hit the 8 month mark. Now I'm going crazy. Absolutely crazy. Every email notification on my phone I get I freak out at until I know what it is and even then I'm sat watching my emails all day...we're on 8 months and 26 days as of today and just....ARGHHHHHHHH. I neeeed to know lol

So yeah. Anyone else experiencing this currently? Or indeed did anyone else experience this towards the end of it?

Which visa are you waiting on & what is the average wait time for it? We submitted our 188 visa in Oct 14 & the first thing we both do on waking up is check the email. Don't know why though cos we've been told our wait time is approx. 9mths so looking at July at least. This emigration lark is not for the faint hearted lol

I was fine until we hit the 8 month mark. Now I'm going crazy. Absolutely crazy. Every email notification on my phone I get I freak out at until I know what it is and even then I'm sat watching my emails all day...we're on 8 months and 26 days as of today and just....ARGHHHHHHHH. I neeeed to know lol

So yeah. Anyone else experiencing this currently? Or indeed did anyone else experience this towards the end of it?

Hi Elzawelza,

I've applied for the same visa as you. I'm at 8 months and 6 days, but those 6 days feel like a lifetime already. I know that my visa won't be granted much before the end of the month but i still jump every time my phone goes off. I'm sure people at work think I'm going nuts.

All I want to do is jump on a plane and join my OH in oz. It's killing me being apart from her other for so long.

have you emailed your CO yet and given her/him a little nudge?

Where about in Oz are you heading to once your visa is approved?

No we thought it was best to leave sending our CO any emails unless its not through by the end of the month as she probably has more than enough to contend with lol.

We'll be moving to somewhere in country Victoria called Wangaratta...we're country folk so the city would just be too much lol. What about you?

It's the not knowing that's the worst part lol if we knew we were going to get it but it was just a matter of timing then it wouldn't be so bad. But its that uncertainty lol

You should have a pretty good idea. If you meet all the requirements for the visa and have solid evidence you will be fine :)

omggggzzzzz I know beechworth really well!!! I spent my teenage years in wang and used to visit the area often. Beautiful area but do be prepared for lots of tourists. Also you must try the Beechworth Bakery...their food is to die for!

I've visited once with my mother in-law 8 years ago - she took me to the bakery and I could not have imagined we'd be moving there in years to come! We chose it partly because there is a little montessori primary school which we love the look of for our two little kiddies, and it is such a beautiful area. I'm hoping all the tourists at least mean it's a nice place! Do you have family there? When are you moving?

How come you have been waiting that long? I thought the processing time was 3 months for 189?

Well they say that on paper.. But after three months they kept saying they are waiting for some response from external agencies.. They can't process anything unless they get a reply!.. I understand they send applications for external check on a random basis and that's what takes so long...

Worst is they don't mention is anywhere and this ruins long term planning for a look of ppl..

Patience is the virtue here...

I've visited once with my mother in-law 8 years ago - she took me to the bakery and I could not have imagined we'd be moving there in years to come! We chose it partly because there is a little montessori primary school which we love the look of for our two little kiddies, and it is such a beautiful area. I'm hoping all the tourists at least mean it's a nice place! Do you have family there? When are you moving?

I don't have family in wang, they're all in either Mansfield or Melbourne. I went to Galen College in wang which i really recommend as a high school...and their catchment area includes beechworth :)

I was waiting for so long for my perm res overseas skills visa back in 2006 that my police record chec had expired and when I got the visa they need a new one to give me an extension before we could get in.. Dealing with the worst civil servant out of Adelaide for some reason, she even lost my medical records.. Was a nightmare so just be patient

Being patient would be easy were it not for the fact that we may have to activate my partner's visa in may (because we did his medical and police certificate around then) and then actually move out there in October. Also i know of other people have been issued theirs and they applied on 13th and 14th may respectively o.O

Archived