WA State Nom requires Job Offer, Job Offer requires Visa, Help!!!

gavnotty

Hi All,

I have read the forums onhere and have not found anyone who is currently in my predicament.

I have just received an invite to apply for State Nomination for WA after submitting my EOI, but my occupati0n (Human Resources Adviser) is on schedule 2. One condition for occupations on schedule to is that you must have an 'offer of employment' to receive state nomination.

My problem is that I am now applying for jobs in Perth, only to be told that I am not eligible to apply for a job because I don't have a valid visa, but I can't get a visa because I don't have a job offer!

I am going around in circles, has anyone experienced this before and if so, how did you get around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gav

Visa 189, Perth, WA, Currently in UK

You can't get around it, you need to find an employer.

This condition is geared towards helping people who are already in the state working on temporary visas, so they have an option to remain permanently. It's not geared towards (which is why it's so difficult) people wanting to migrate to the state.

Hi, i am in the same situation.

Just received invitation to apply for State Nomination in Western Australia. My nominated occupation is Financial Investment Adviser, schedule 2.

Could anybody please refer me some job leads as i only have 28 days from today to secure a job offer to apply for state nomination?

33 yrs old.

My IELTS 7.5, Lis 8, Red 8, Wri 7.5, Spe 7

6 years experience within the Financial Investment field including Credit Officer, Senior Officer Advisory Services, Manager Advisory Services.

Bachelor of Economics, Finance Major.

Master of Applied Finance, University of Western Sydney.

Certified Practising Valuer in Vietnam.

Happy to start at Junior level.

Unfortunately you are in this predicament because so many before you abused the state sponsored system.

When applying for State Sponsorship you sign an undertaking to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. This is a moral obligation and not a visa condition.

As such many people would apply for whichever state had their occupation, with no intention of ever living there.

Due to this constant rorting of the system, the States are imposing stricter and more difficult conditions, in an effort to try and increase the number of people who will actually live in the State when their visa is granted.

An unfortunate consequence of this is that now, many genuine candidate cannot obtain state sponsorship.

Unfortunately you are in this predicament because so many before you abused the state sponsored system.

When applying for State Sponsorship you sign an undertaking to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. This is a moral obligation and not a visa condition.

As such many people would apply for whichever state had their occupation, with no intention of ever living there.

Due to this constant rorting of the system, the States are imposing stricter and more difficult conditions, in an effort to try and increase the number of people who will actually live in the State when their visa is granted.

An unfortunate consequence of this is that now, many genuine candidate cannot obtain state sponsorship.

Precisely correct.

Hi All,

I have read the forums onhere and have not found anyone who is currently in my predicament.

I have just received an invite to apply for State Nomination for WA after submitting my EOI, but my occupati0n (Human Resources Adviser) is on schedule 2. One condition for occupations on schedule to is that you must have an 'offer of employment' to receive state nomination.

My problem is that I am now applying for jobs in Perth, only to be told that I am not eligible to apply for a job because I don't have a valid visa, but I can't get a visa because I don't have a job offer!

I am going around in circles, has anyone experienced this before and if so, how did you get around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gav

Visa 189, Perth, WA, Currently in UK

Apart from finding a job, there are a couple of strategies you might want to consider. May I suggest that you consult an experienced registered migration agent?

All the best

Archived