Can we have a new list of August people

Guest KP Nuts

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest datum1m

Hi Lynne,

Thanks, for the info and well done on getting your visa this month. It looks like where in for perhaps a 3 month wait and anything before that will be a bonus. Unfortunately this time period will probably mean not going out for a trip during the kids main school holidays, but we will have to wait and see. What part of Oz are you looking to settle in, we are looking at Queensland.

Regards

Nigel

Guest Sarah & Damo

Hi haven't been on for a few days so just wanted to say a huge

CONGRATULATIONS

to those who have got their visas this week!!!!! Must be such a great feeling!!!!

Well done!

Guest paula1

Hi lynne and thank you. We are looking at flying out end of july to the Goldcoast. So not long now. How things going with you?

Love Paula x

cONGRATULATIONS paula when and where are u headingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lynne:jiggy:

Guest lynneunderwood
Hi lynne and thank you. We are looking at flying out end of july to the Goldcoast. So not long now. How things going with you?

Love Paula x

Hi Paula we headin to Sydney end August just put the house up for sale sold my business etc and now organising shipping and dog travel just got our passports back today visas look smashin xxxxxxxxx Lynne:jiggy:

Guest paula1

Thanks to you all for your thanks and support of all you all . It really helps that we are all in the same boat as friends and family don't understand what we all are going throuh.

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear.

Love paula x

Well this week seemed to be a good week for visa's, so.....

Congratulations to:- Jogrant3232; JRaj; Paula 1; and Mama Koala

Well done guys, hope the heads are all ok now...............

Good luck to the rest of the August people

KP Nuts

Guest paula1

Hi lynne. Just sent our passports off so hopefully we should have them back beginning of next week. Just nursing a really bad hangover!!! There was a lot of tears dreading the goodbyes so not thinking to much about it yet. Sydney i bet you can't wait? Have you got a family? and are they all looking forward to it?

Love Paulaxxxxx

Hi Paula we headin to Sydney end August just put the house up for sale sold my business etc and now organising shipping and dog travel just got our passports back today visas look smashin xxxxxxxxx Lynne:jiggy:

Guest woodlara

Hi all

thought i'd add onto the August thread, we applied for a skilled independent visa 136 last August 28th, not really heard anything only an acknowledgement, we've gone ahead and had our medicals and police checks etc, I think you just stress if your not sure if they've received things. We've just sent our first e-mail to ask regarding progress, c/o and visa???????:arghh:

So we'll see, just worried cos we had our medicals in Dec which means we need to get sorted and gone by then

still not sold house, will probably need to rent!!:skeptical:

Hi all!

We're not on here yet. So here goes!

Appl 17th August

Receipt 21st Nov

Ackn 15th February

Case Officer 15th April

PC's sent 9th May

Meds sent 16th May

BUT we're caught in the 5 point capital investment issue so who knows what's happening!

Liz

Guest KP Nuts

Hi August people.......... just amended your list of people still waiting, and theirs 24 of you at the moment, so welcome to Woodlara; Selah; and Oxo

GOOD LUCK to, Keily; Kevinboomer; Melpaul; Hoppy; Sarah & Damo; The Taylors;

Silol; Andy Jo and Lewis; Noel2538; Chalky4388; CJW488; Melissa; Steve & Mandy;

Bic; We Love Oz; Liz; Ryan, Rachel & Beth; Fenwick Clan; Creakybones; datum1m;

Ivan; Woodlara; Selah and last not not least Oxo.

These names are in the order that you have posted and no other, lol.........

4 families had their visa's issued last week, lets hope it's more this week.

Fingers crossed for you all

KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Congratulations Oxo on the Co, have you booked your meds yet?, you can get police check now in 10 days, cost £35.00 each I think, but better than the 40 days when you are on a time limit, but you can tell your co that they have been applied for and you are waiting for them.

Good luck.

KP Nuts

Guest lynneunderwood

hi Paula1

Good on ya and yes i am married and we have a 2yr old boy named Kim we also have family in Sydney Hubbies brother 2 cousins with Kids and an Uncle and they are all on the Northern Beaches so cant waitxxxxxxxxx

Dear Oxo,

What a fast CO! Ours was allocated on 15th APril and we had until the 24th of June to complete.

Liz

Thanks Liz and KP.

It does seem a ridiculous amount of time to get these sorted out in especially as we've waited for so long without any correspondence. I suppose it may be a blessing though and force me to pull my finger out. Any idea how much the meds cost?

Thanks

Andy

Dear Oxo,

Meds vary depending on where you live. It's best to shop around at the closest panel doctors. In your area you may be able to travel a bit and get a bargain. We paid a depressing £868 for 5 of us (2 adults, 11, 9 and 4 yr old.) That's £90 per xray (for all 11 and over) £49 x2 HIV tests, £155 each for 2 adult exams and £60 each for 3 child.) Someone in Belfast got theirs for £400 something. See any cheap flights!? Good luck!

Liz

Crikey!!

Thats a bit steep. I'd best butter the wife up a bit beforehand. She'll flip for sure! LOL!!

Thanks again

Andy

Guest Sarah & Damo

Yippee!! We've got our case officer now too!!! Our agent said they requested some docs to be re-sent which she's done and they've got our meds and pc's so just gotta wait!!We're so pleased!!!:jiggy:

Guest lynneunderwood
Yippee!! We've got our case officer now too!!! Our agent said they requested some docs to be re-sent which she's done and they've got our meds and pc's so just gotta wait!!We're so pleased!!!:jiggy:

Thats great news big congrats :yes:visa any day now xxxxxxx lynne:jiggy:

Guest KP Nuts

Congratulations Sarah, finally you've got your CO, but if he / she has everything you may well get your visa very, very soon.

Good luck, fingers cross

KP Nuts

Guest datum1m

Hi

That’s very good news, if your agents been able to send the Docs electronically and the CO still as your file on his/her desk you may even get your Visa next week.

Good luck

Nigel

Guest datum1m
Thanks Liz and KP.

It does seem a ridiculous amount of time to get these sorted out in especially as we've waited for so long without any correspondence. I suppose it may be a blessing though and force me to pull my finger out. Any idea how much the meds cost?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

We got ours done in Sheffield medical examination cost £78 each and x-rays cost £80. You need to get your x-rays done first and then take them along to the panel doctor.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Andy,

We got ours done in Sheffield medical examination cost £78 each and x-rays cost £80. You need to get your x-rays done first and then take them along to the panel doctor.

Regards

Nigel

Thanks Nigel,

I booked ours up today in Birmingham and for 3 adults and a child it comes to £1,022. Might be worth an hour or so drive to Sheffield.? Can you PM me with the details of where you went please?

This is what they charge down here: Adult - Medicals, X-ray & Blood Tests if required (15 years and above) £260.00 Children - Medicals & X-ray (from 11 years –14 years) £90.00

Children - Medicals (under 11years) £50.00

The above prices include the cost for the courier service.

VAT to be charged at 17.5 % from 1st September 2007

The advantage is though that everything is done there and then within 2 hours?

I need to have another look at this I think.

Thanks again.

Andy

Guest Sarah & Damo

Hi all! Thanks for the good luck wishes!! Still so excited it's untrue but don't want to wait for the next bit now!! ha ha!! No, seriously we're so happy to at least have someone looking at our file!

It seems a little steep for those medicals... we paid £120/145 each for our medicals inc blood tests and then £65 for our x-rays each. But if they can get you in quickly and you don't miss your deadline it might be worth it????? Good luck with those and hope you get it sorted!! Let us know how you get on

Guest claire&fred
Hi all! Thanks for the good luck wishes!! Still so excited it's untrue but don't want to wait for the next bit now!! ha ha!! No, seriously we're so happy to at least have someone looking at our file!

It seems a little steep for those medicals... we paid £120/145 each for our medicals inc blood tests and then £65 for our x-rays each. But if they can get you in quickly and you don't miss your deadline it might be worth it????? Good luck with those and hope you get it sorted!! Let us know how you get on

Hi just saw your post. Congrats on your CO. Hopefully it won't be long for you at all now.

Congrats to those that have their Visas recently. For those of you still waiting, it won't be long now.

There have been a few granted on BE today.

Claire

Archived