Can we have a new list of August people

Guest KP Nuts

Guest Sarah & Damo

Hi ya we are hoping to head for near the Gold Coast or Northern NSW whenever we hear about our visa!

On another note about us August people. Our agent (who is fab) complained to the head of Immigration about the wait and said we can't be kept hanging on indefinitely. Immigration are still adamant that they are only issuing case officers to June 07 applicants and that we will hear in due course, but we all know they are further ahead of this in quite a lot of cases. I have forwarded our agent a link for British Expats etc. so she can see that quite a few people have now had theirs/have got case officers!! I'm sure we will all hear really soon!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and to those waiting to go/sell their houses!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ryan, Rachel & Beth
Hi Rachel, welcome back to PIO, I remember you from last year because of your avatar....

Congratulations on getting your CO, when have you got your medical booked for?

KP Nuts

Hi, its been a while since I've been on this site (not that I didn't want to keep in touch but I found it so frustrating not being able to add any progress.)

Our meds are booked for 4th June, have completed Poilce Application but need to get another set of passport photos done which is a job for this weekend! Still waiting on x-rays appointment to be confirmed but I will chase up tomorrow.

Hopefully I will be able to keep up to date on here more regularly - I feel a little lost but trying my best to catch up...

Hope all goes well for you and your family, Rachel xxx

Guest creakybones

Hi nice to meet you all :notworthy:

My name is Maria, hopefully moving over soon. Can anyone tell me what happens after the meds, assuming they are approved please?

Application sent 27/08/2007

Acknowledged 15/12/2007

Ref number given 21/1/2008

C/O assigned 1/5/2008

Police checks applied for 5/5/2008

Police checks back and sent 9/5/2008

Meds booked for 4th June

Guest Sarah & Damo

Hi Creaky Bones! Welcome to PIO! Well I reckon that after your medicals have been sent in you shouldn't be long off getting the nod as you already have a case officer! Good news!!! Hope that's the case and it all goes really speedily for you from now on! Whereabouts are you hoping to head to?

Sarah x

Guest creakybones

Hi Sarah

Thanks for the reply. I hope it won't be too long, but a little worried about the meds.

We are hoping to go to Perth, though which area seems to change daily! lol

Thing is, most of the jobs for my career seem to be in Adelaide or Melbourne, areas I hadn't really considered. Not sure what to do.

Maria xx

Hi August people.......... just had a count up and theirs 20 of you at the moment, so

GOOD LUCK to, Keily; Kevinboomer; Jogrant3232; Mama Koala; Melpaul; JRaj; Hoppy;

Sarah & Damo; The Taylors; Silol; Andy Jo and Lewis; Noel2538; Chalky4388; Paula 1;

CJW488; Melissa; Steve & Mandy; Bic; We Love Oz; and last but not least Liz.

These names are in the order that you have posted and no other, lol..........

It's been very quite this week for visa's, but I hope we all hear your happy news very soon.

Fingers crossed for you all

KP Nuts

hi guys just woundered how many of us on hear still waiting

mel:arghh:

Guest jogrant3232

Ive got mine now, what a relief. No more checking emails at 6.30am every morning and I can sleep tonight without the phone in my hand!!!!lol Good luck to all those still waiting, it will happen, PROMISE....

Guest JRaj

Hi All

Just to let you know that WE GOT OUR VISA on 19th May!!!

No more waiting....good luck to those still waiting.

JRaj

Guest datum1m

Hi We applied in August 07, but not yet got visa

Can you please give me some advice.

A bit of background first

Application type: Class BN Subclass 136 Skilled-Independent

Application Lodged 17th August 2007

Case Officer asked for Medicals & Police Certificates 14th April 2008

Police Certificates lodged electronically with CO via agent 30th April 2008

Medical Examination done 29th April send to Sydney by doctors 9th May 2008

My agent tells me it is taking Sydney more than six weeks to process medicals do you have any experience of this and also how long does it take once CO as medicals approved by Sydney.

I have noticed some fellow members look online for updates to their applications, is this service only available for applications which were made online. If not can anyone please tell me how I can utilise this service?

Regards

Nigel

Guest paula1

Hi to all Aug app.

Just to let you all know that we have our VISA now!!!! . Had the news on Wednesday night.

Been partying.

Sure it want be long now.

Good luck to all

Love Paula x

Guest Sarah & Damo

Hi Nigel!!

Think you can only get an update regardless but only as long as you haven't got an agent! They won't tell us anything when we e-mail them! Hope you can get some news soon. We're still waiting too. It seems they're slowly getting through us!

Sarah

Guest datum1m

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reply; I see you are applying for a 136 type visa too, are there many people still waiting for news from August? We were hoping to fly out during the main summer school holidays and get our visas stamped and look around the Gold Coast for a few weeks during OZ winter. We thought it would be a cooler time of year for looking around the different suburbs and it would also give us an idea of what the winter would be like out their. I’ll let you know if we hear anything more

Regards

Nigel

Guest Ivan

Hi All augustees

Seems like we have been waiting for an absolute age. Police checks and meds sent in april as requested, Heard nothing, seen nothing, talked to nothing. I is feeling like a not so wise monkey. We started this process intially in Feb. 2007 when we first contacted the agent, god that seems a long time ago. We have certainly learn't the word 'patience' (hope i spelled it right)

chin up. If its meant to be, its meant to be

iv

Guest jogrant3232
Hi All augustees

Seems like we have been waiting for an absolute age. Police checks and meds sent in april as requested, Heard nothing, seen nothing, talked to nothing. I is feeling like a not so wise monkey. We started this process intially in Feb. 2007 when we first contacted the agent, god that seems a long time ago. We have certainly learn't the word 'patience' (hope i spelled it right)

chin up. If its meant to be, its meant to be

iv

Hi Ivan

I know this wont make any difference to you but we to started the application in Feb 2007. All I can say is, "it will come".We had class B Meds and OH had things on pccs from over 30years ago appear. Be patient, it will come when you least expect it. For the 1st time in 6months I went to bed without my phone and slept like a log. Good luck hun it WILL happen... Soon I hope

Guest creakybones

Hi Jo

Sorry if I seem a little dim but what is the difference between class a & b meds?

Maria

Guest jogrant3232
Hi Nigel!!

Think you can only get an update regardless but only as long as you haven't got an agent! They won't tell us anything when we e-mail them! Hope you can get some news soon. We're still waiting too. It seems they're slowly getting through us!

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I phoned Australia house last week and they had a look and said our visa was still pending. A few have called them and some even found out that there visa had been grant.They just asked me my name and date of birth?

Guest jogrant3232
Hi Jo

Sorry if I seem a little dim but what is the difference between class a & b meds?

Maria

A is a pass, no problems

B has medical problems (OH was over weight) lol

Guest creakybones

Hi

I am too - oops. Now where did I put those revolting slim fast shakes :-) lmao

Maria

Guest lynneunderwood
Hi to all Aug app.

Just to let you all know that we have our VISA now!!!! . Had the news on Wednesday night.

Been partying.

Sure it want be long now.

Good luck to all

Love Paula x

cONGRATULATIONS paula when and where are u headingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lynne:jiggy:

Guest lynneunderwood
Hi We applied in August 07, but not yet got visa

Can you please give me some advice.

A bit of background first

Application type: Class BN Subclass 136 Skilled-Independent

Application Lodged 17th August 2007

Case Officer asked for Medicals & Police Certificates 14th April 2008

Police Certificates lodged electronically with CO via agent 30th April 2008

Medical Examination done 29th April send to Sydney by doctors 9th May 2008

My agent tells me it is taking Sydney more than six weeks to process medicals do you have any experience of this and also how long does it take once CO as medicals approved by Sydney.

I have noticed some fellow members look online for updates to their applications, is this service only available for applications which were made online. If not can anyone please tell me how I can utilise this service?

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Our agent told us it takes 2 months to clearmeds through Sydney but once CO has PCC and Meds in his hands it can b anything from 1 day to 3 weeks our CO had ours from 21st April:goofy: and he granted our Visa 7/5/08 hope this helps

Take Care Lynne

Guest claire&fred

Congratulations to all those who are getting their Visas. It is great to see more August people getting them.

I was a cat B with our meds only because I had a back op 10 years ago. Don't worry about it, no-one asked me anything about it. We got our CO on 29 April and she just requested our PCC and meds but they were already sent. Like Jo, I rang Australia Embassy on 13 May to be told our Visa was granted on 5 May.

Lots of luck to those still waiting. Your time will come, I promise.

Claire

Guest KP Nuts

Well this week seemed to be a good week for visa's, so.....

Congratulations to:- Jogrant3232; JRaj; Paula 1; and Mama Koala

Well done guys, hope the heads are all ok now...............

Good luck to the rest of the August people

KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

Hi August people.......... just amended your list of people still waiting, and theirs 21 of you at the moment, so

GOOD LUCK to, Keily; Kevinboomer; Melpaul; Hoppy;

Sarah & Damo; The Taylors; Silol; Andy Jo and Lewis; Noel2538; Chalky4388;

CJW488; Melissa; Steve & Mandy; Bic; We Love Oz; Liz; Ryan, Rachel & Beth;

Fenwick Clan; Creakybones; datum1m and last but not least Ivan.

These names are in the order that you have posted and no other, lol.........

4 families had their visa's issued this week, lets hope it's more next week.

Fingers crossed for you all

KP Nuts

Guest jogrant3232

Big thanks to Kim for keeping this thread going. Its nice to see and watch this list getting smaller and smaller. Good on ya Kim XX

Guest KP Nuts

Thanks Jo, but it's actually got bigger this time, on the first list there were 20 and now there's 21, so we've had a few new people joined it.

But good luck to you all.

KP Nuts

Archived