2015 Places to visit and day trips in Western Australia

HappyHeart

Where do you want to go this year?

We want to see some new places this year. Such a lot of choices and will never see it all...

After some new ideas of where to take an inflatable boat. Guilderton is great but sure there are other places.

I want to see Northam this year. OH has been with son but not me.

Would like another trip to Bridgetown/Blackwood River region too

Don't see enough of Mandurah so thats another one

Will also check out more of Bunbury and surrounding areas.

Hope to get down to Denmark too this year; preferably before Winter.

Not sure where to go for my 40th in June but can't be too pricey or too far so will have a think on that one.

I want to swim with the dolphins. And there is a little park just off Adelaide terrace with ducks. It's so peaceful and quiet there. And I haven't been inland far yet although I did see an Emu on the way to the Pinnacles. Would love to do that again. And feed the ring necked parrots at Mundaring Weir, eat fish and chips at the Lucky Shag, visit the old jail in Fremantle, see the Mint (just up the road from me), see the black swans and the black cockatoos. Take a trip back to Bunbury via Mandurah and.....and.... and there is just so much. Oh and Rottnest and Heirisson and penguin islands. So much to see and do

We are off to the Pinnacles on Tuesday probably. Fancy four wheel driving at Lancelin too. BTW they were advertising a water festival for this weekend in Lancelin. Surfing Jetki competitions Thursday to Sunday. Also going to try the Segway tour in Perth which happens to be right next to The Lucky Shag.......what a shame hahaha

Ooh just a quick one. If you anyone does check out Mandurah. Try renting a motor boat for an hour. You don't need a skippers licence and it cost just $50 plus deposit. It's a gorgeous hour pootling around the canals. We've done it four times now and each time the Dolphins have swam right up to the boat. If your feeling more energetic you can also hire out kayaks too.

As you know Fi we are planning to 'do' WA this year and next starting with Margaret River. We are planning several trips so I will keep an eye on this thread. It's such a big and varied state I think you could spend several years looking around before you ran out of things to do and see.

The whaling museum in Albany

Climb Bluff Knoll (stay at the Stirling Range Reteat, absolutely fabulous place)

Kalbarri - pelican feeding. I can recommend a place to stay at the absolute bottom end of the pricing range, we prepared for the worst and were very happy with it

Pinnacles are pretty good, I'd recommend going at sunset

Wave Rock I wouldn't both making the effort for - underwhelming

Lanceln - shame the mister bus rides were stopped after the accident, that was awesome

Yanchep

Moore River

Lane Pool Reserve/Dwellingup

Core Cidre House, Pickering Brook (Perth Hills)

Hainault Vineyard, Bickley Valley (Perth Hills)

Swan Valley Supa Golf

I would assume you've been but Perth Hills National Park (stay until dusk, in fact better still camp - there's a cuties outdoor cinema nearby too)

Guildford

York

These are all places I have good memories of (other than wave rock…..a 1000km drive i wouldn't do again!)

Helicopter flight over the Bungle bungles, the highlight of our 4 wheel drive trip last year.

Camels on Cable beach at sunset was also quite a sight.

sorry just read it was for suggestions for days out, so mine were a bit far, but worth considering for a longer trip one day.

Going to do Mandurah again soon. I'll tell OH about the boats sounds good as done the cruise twice no with no dolphins! Any specific spots to go to in Mandurah? Might be on the house hunting list too now decided to stay nearer metro for jobs. Not for couple years though

The whaling museum in Albany

Climb Bluff Knoll (stay at the Stirling Range Reteat, absolutely fabulous place)

Kalbarri - pelican feeding. I can recommend a place to stay at the absolute bottom end of the pricing range, we prepared for the worst and were very happy with it

Pinnacles are pretty good, I'd recommend going at sunset

Wave Rock I wouldn't both making the effort for - underwhelming

Lanceln - shame the mister bus rides were stopped after the accident, that was awesome

Yanchep

Moore River

Lane Pool Reserve/Dwellingup

Core Cidre House, Pickering Brook (Perth Hills)

Hainault Vineyard, Bickley Valley (Perth Hills)

Swan Valley Supa Golf

I would assume you've been but Perth Hills National Park (stay until dusk, in fact better still camp - there's a cuties outdoor cinema nearby too)

Guildford

York

These are all places I have good memories of (other than wave rock…..a 1000km drive i wouldn't do again!)

Been to York; Guildford; Lancelin; Kalbarri; Perth hills but lots of different areas to see...not sure we've seen all there is...still to go to Dwellingup. That's one for the list. I would encourage people to check out Nannup and surrounds too...Bridgetown...areas in South West but East...Blackwood River region. Lovely areas.

lane Pool Reserve/Dwellingup - Nanga Mill is awesome in winter for camping!! Can be cold so loads of blankets at night but always busy and fabulous fire pit at night! Had the best 'truckers' breakfast ever cooked by hubby on the fire pit there!!

just come home home from a day at Preston Beach, we never really venture south (normally north to Ledge and Wedge Island at weekends) it was amazing, the sun was shining, we swam in the gorgeous sea, cooked lunch on the barbie, drove down the beach to myalup then had a cold beverage at the Old Coast Road Brewery which was an awesome place with horse riding, sky diving going on!

As you know Fi we are planning to 'do' WA this year and next starting with Margaret River. We are planning several trips so I will keep an eye on this thread. It's such a big and varied state I think you could spend several years looking around before you ran out of things to do and see.

So true. You will love WA I think. Let me know when you've decided where you're staying and I'll see if I can give you any more tips! We need a full week down there again really but leave entitlement says no:(

Might book a week off in October for Kalbarri. Only been the once and want to explore the national park and gorges again. Another stunning place....this is the thing..so much to see. Isolated my arse! Well even if it is theres sooo much to keep you busy and not 'bored' for a looong time. 6 years in and still feel barely scratched WAs surface.

kalbarri's great, were off there at Easter! last time we went we were in a roof top tent so couldn't really explore the national park! I'm taking both my passports too (OZ and UK) as I'm hoping to drop into Hutt River Province to get em stamped and hopefully meet King Leonard and Queen Shirley too!!!!

kalbarri's great, were off there at Easter! last time we went we were in a roof top tent so couldn't really explore the national park! I'm taking both my passports too (OZ and UK) as I'm hoping to drop into Hutt River Province to get em stamped and hopefully meet King Leonard and Queen Shirley too!!!!

I'd forgotten about them lol

I want to visit bunbury, Denmark, Esperance, rottnest. Can't remember where else now!

I really want to go see the red dog statue up north. Just haven't a clue how I'll actually get there :laugh:

Denmark is beautiful, Esperance is amazing (go to Duke of Orleans 80kms further, Wharton beach...truly awesome, and Happyheart is right, wave rock is an anticlimax if you travel all that way then go home but it's a great one nighter on your way to Esperance and the caravan park has pretty good cabins and a pool!!) Rotto is awesome, it's a must!! Have passed through Bunbury on the way to Bussleton/margaret river, now these are a must!! So many places for you to see!! We are big campers, we did Ningaloo with a 2 year old in a roof top tent in 7 days, 6 months after landing, all our Aussie mates said at the time we were mad, it was the best trip ever and we bush camped most of it!! not been as far as Red Dog but I'm totally with you and now you've got me thinking about the next trip ha ha!!

you our will have the best time SS, there is just so much to do, just here in WA, I think you need to get your 3 months fruit picking sorted as I think you will need 2 years here at least!!

I think your right about 2 years. I don't think I ever realised till I came on here how bloody massive Australia is lol. I don't know how I'm going to manage to fit everything in! There's loads in WA that I want to see. Hopefully I get to see most of it.

I loved the red dog film so much so when I found out the statue is there I thought - I need to go see that! Even if it's a bit of a random place to go lol

Denmark is beautiful, Esperance is amazing (go to Duke of Orleans 80kms further, Wharton beach...truly awesome, and Happyheart is right, wave rock is an anticlimax if you travel all that way then go home but it's a great one nighter on your way to Esperance and the caravan park has pretty good cabins and a pool!!) Rotto is awesome, it's a must!! Have passed through Bunbury on the way to Bussleton/margaret river, now these are a must!! So many places for you to see!! We are big campers, we did Ningaloo with a 2 year old in a roof top tent in 7 days, 6 months after landing, all our Aussie mates said at the time we were mad, it was the best trip ever and we bush camped most of it!! not been as far as Red Dog but I'm totally with you and now you've got me thinking about the next trip ha ha!!

you our will have the best time SS, there is just so much to do, just here in WA, I think you need to get your 3 months fruit picking sorted as I think you will need 2 years here at least!!

I haven't been to Wave Rock..that was Lady R but I think Ali has been and liked it. Bunbury is worth a proper look, I really like it as an alternative to Perth, of course on a much smaller scale but some of the surrounding areas are fantastic and better value than Perth. Good schools too. Still not made it any further south than Augusta...must do that soon...don't quite know wen...lol. Friends have been to Denmark several times and rave about it like we do Margs so must see it soon

Archived