Emigrating is...

Captain Roberto

Aw its truely awful Matt....you don't know if your coming or going.

I Didnt even tell anyone til 4 weeks before I left. Just couldnt cope with all the questions on top of all the other stress.

Its a relief to get on that plane and just have the time to sit back and do nothing.

Then your a couple of weeks sorting things Aus end.

But don't forget it is a v major thing to go thru, and with the right attitude things do work out.

all the best Fi xx

..like giving birth. Once you've started, it's very hard to stop, and often you go into it with excitement then suddenly stop and think "What have we done?" ... but (usually) the initial pain is worth it. Be prepared for a bit of post-natal depression afterwards though.

It has been the only 'daring' thing I've done in my life, coming to OZ on my own, though a friend was supposed to come with me. He changed his mind and got married instead. Funny really, because if he said to me 'let's just go for six weeks holiday, just to say we've been there,' I'd probably have agreed.

I just checked my diary for 4 January, 1979, and I see I went for a job as a kitchen hand at a restauranat in Kings Cross, and a stores job in Rosebery. Me, a bloody kitchen hand? Lucky I did not get that job!

Emigrating is "going to be the end of my husband"!

Emigrating is "an adventure that I can share with my husband and children, teaching them that they can achieve any dream and the world is such a small place where anything is possible".

...pretty stressful

I'm not sure I've ever made so many big decisions on behalf of so many people in such a short space of time.

I just thought I'd share that in case others feel they are in the same boat.

#stressedout

All worth it in the end, so chin up.

Archived