457 - Current processing times

tbk

I'm (hopefully) going to queensland and contributions were everything from about $1500 to $4000 for public school. We've opted for independent just because our eldest would have been due to start GCSE year but I have to say when I visited last month the standard was very high compared to what's available to us here in the UK.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I guess its around there then. Read that independent schools are better, looks like I need to research more on schools in NSW. BTW, can we apply for 457 without having to confirm the state? Sorry I am a little confused as I am not that familiar with 457 visa. My employer did everything for me through their MA so all I know is my visa lodged date LOL!

Hi! My husband are in Perth on a 457 visa. We have 2 boys that attend the local primary school and pay $4000 pa. (that's per family)I'm pretty sure this is standard on a 457 visa? Unless you are lucky enough to that your employer pays the bill x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just read that WA charges per family not per child (not too bad). I doubt my employer will pay bills Sbond :sad:

Hi just quick question, I will be looking at the 457 route early next year. Does it depend on which occupation or country you're applying from whether or not medicals and police checks have to be done? Some posts i'm reading haven't needed them and others have.

Thanks

J

I guess its around there then. Read that independent schools are better, looks like I need to research more on schools in NSW. BTW, can we apply for 457 without having to confirm the state? Sorry I am a little confused as I am not that familiar with 457 visa. My employer did everything for me through their MA so all I know is my visa lodged date LOL!

I don't know if you can apply without destination state? I've got employer nomination so they had that info before I applied. Sorry.

Visa granted today!!!!

timeline:

nomination and visa app submitted Feb 8

granted today March 22

Low risk country. No medicals, no police check.

Went directly from "application received" to finalized.

great news, as I found out on my layover to Sydney. Was going to enter on a tourist visa and chill until my 457 came through.

Visa granted today!!!!

timeline:

nomination and visa app submitted Feb 8

granted today March 22

Low risk country. No medicals, no police check.

Went directly from "application received" to finalized.

great news, as I found out on my layover to Sydney. Was going to enter on a tourist visa and chill until my 457 came through.

Gr8 mate, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our dreams were realised at 4am this morning

457 VISA GRANTED!!!!!

4 yrs of hoping!

our timeline

Sponsorship,Nomination & Visa application submitted together via MA 05th February 2016 (offshore)

All approved within minutes of each other - 6 weeks & 3 day wait.

No further documents requested, no medical records or police checks.

Heading TO Byron Bay NSW - best get packing!!!!!!

Good luck to all those waiting - don't give up hope, it happened for us x

I am fully bored of visa limbo now  I should hear in a couple of days (I was asked for further info and they said in the letter that they usually respond within 7 days). It's difficult to know what to do....other than wait...

Hang in there, the grant seems to be just around the corner for you. I have a long way, my MA has advised me that I will not hear anything before end of April.

Our dreams were realised at 4am this morning

457 VISA GRANTED!!!!!

4 yrs of hoping!

our timeline

Sponsorship,Nomination & Visa application submitted together via MA 05th February 2016 (offshore)

All approved within minutes of each other - 6 weeks & 3 day wait.

No further documents requested, no medical records or police checks.

Heading TO Byron Bay NSW - best get packing!!!!!!

Good luck to all those waiting - don't give up hope, it happened for us x

Congratulations!

Hang in there, the grant seems to be just around the corner for you. I have a long way, my MA has advised me that I will not hear anything before end of April.

Thanks. I do wish there was more info on the immi account and I guess I'm a bit frustrated by them not telling me they couldn't open one of the docs I attached until 28 days had passed. I know I should hear soon, it gets more difficult to put it out of your mind when you get nearer to the end ☺ Also we sold the house and left our jobs so we have to go somewhere!!!!

NSW and WA charge international school fees for 457 holders.

You can't get a 457 without being sponsored by an employer and they have to say where you will be working. So no, you can' get a 457 without knowing what state you will be moving to!

Thanks. I do wish there was more info on the immi account and I guess I'm a bit frustrated by them not telling me they couldn't open one of the docs I attached until 28 days had passed. I know I should hear soon, it gets more difficult to put it out of your mind when you get nearer to the end ☺ Also we sold the house and left our jobs so we have to go somewhere!!!!

Oh I see. Thats tough for sure, hope you here soon after the holidays.

NSW and WA charge international school fees for 457 holders.

You can't get a 457 without being sponsored by an employer and they have to say where you will be working. So no, you can' get a 457 without knowing what state you will be moving to!

457 is definitely a visa where you need to know the rules. You are tied to that employer, can't work for anyone else, and if you lose the job you have 90 days to find a new sponsor or a different visa, or leave the country. There's no chice of state - or really even of city - to live in - you just go where the job is.

You also need to read up on the stuff like health insurance which are specific to 457-ers.

457 is definitely a visa where you need to know the rules. You are tied to that employer, can't work for anyone else, and if you lose the job you have 90 days to find a new sponsor or a different visa, or leave the country. There's no chice of state - or really even of city - to live in - you just go where the job is.

You also need to read up on the stuff like health insurance which are specific to 457-ers.

Thank you Nemesis! Yes I read those, may I ask if we are allowed to work for the same employer but different branch/address within the same state? I couldn't find this info anywhere. I have no plans to do that, just trying to find out the conditions.