457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi Folks, This is not April fool...FINALLY MY VISA IS GRANT TODAY.. No more status checking Complete timeline belowNomination Applied 15 Dec 2015Nomination approved 12 Feb 2016Visa applied 12 Feb 2016Visa grant 1 Apr 2016This forum has given some hope what is happening among another applicants. All the best to everyone those who are waiting. ... Its time to Party [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
wow!! Congrats mate! Hope we all get ours soon!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharing my timeline

Nomination application - January 4th week

Visa applied - Feb 16th

Nomination approval - March 1st week

Visa grant - April 2nd

High risk country. No medicals requested. Police check was submitted along with all the documents.

Sharing my timelineNomination application - January 4th weekVisa applied - Feb 16thNomination approval - March 1st weekVisa grant - April 2ndHigh risk country. No medicals requested. Police check was submitted along with all the documents.
congrats!! Is Saturday a working day for DIBP?

Sharing my timelineNomination application - January 4th weekVisa applied - Feb 16thNomination approval - March 1st weekVisa grant - April 2ndHigh risk country. No medicals requested. Police check was submitted along with all the documents.
and did u apply via MA?

Guys.... Please throw some more light on it....

I applied for 457 Spouse visa through Lawyer on 11 February 2016

here are details:

Visa Sub class: 457 (Spouse Visa)

Applied from: Australia

Passport: Indian

date of application: 11 feb 2016

Finally after waiting for 7 weeks (Which is late, but not something which is weird), lawyer received a acknowledgement from Australian high commission.

Now I have more confusions:

Question 1: What does Acknowledgement means ?

Question 2: Does is mean that Case Officer has been assigned ?

Question 3: What happens next ? what shall I expect to happen after acknowledgement ?

Question 4: As per your personal experience, how much time does it takes after acknowledgement is received ?

Question 5: On an average, when Shall I expect my case to be approved and get my visa stamped ?

any information on this will be highly appreciated. Thank you as always

Guys.... Please throw some more light on it....

I applied for 457 Spouse visa through Lawyer on 11 February 2016

here are details:

Visa Sub class: 457 (Spouse Visa)

Applied from: Australia

Passport: Indian

date of application: 11 feb 2016

Finally after waiting for 7 weeks (Which is late, but not something which is weird), lawyer received a acknowledgement from Australian high commission.

Now I have more confusions:

Question 1: What does Acknowledgement means ?

Question 2: Does is mean that Case Officer has been assigned ?

Question 3: What happens next ? what shall I expect to happen after acknowledgement ?

Question 4: As per your personal experience, how much time does it takes after acknowledgement is received ?

Question 5: On an average, when Shall I expect my case to be approved and get my visa stamped ?

any information on this will be highly appreciated. Thank you as always

acknowledgement means your application has been received by the deptt..it takes 4 to 6 weeks for your case to be allocated to a case officer. The case officer may give the decision straight away but may ask for further docs if required before giving decision..if no docs needed then decision should be given in 6 to 8 weeks after you apply the visa ..and the timeline varies from case to case..all the best for your visa grant !

It's the 4th month of my visa application and the 6th week of my nomination as the previous nomination application was wrong so a new nomination was lodged...what should I do about it?

I really think you need to check with your MA on the visa timeline. Depending on what the agent ticked when applying for your visa it could have automatically been withdrawn when the nomination was withdrawn/denied for the wrong subclass... As such your visa timeline would have started all over if the agent re-applied.

Regardless if the above has been done or not your timeline will be that of the latest application, in your case the nomination 6th week.

The service standards for 457 is 2 months (almost 9 weeks) for low risk applicants and 3 months (about 13 weeks) for high risk applicants. The fact that some may get it sooner doesnt guarantee a fast processing time for us. So sit back and relax until you pass your applicable timeline before stressing. Im trying to do the same ;P.

I really think you need to check with your MA on the visa timeline. Depending on what the agent ticked when applying for your visa it could have automatically been withdrawn when the nomination was withdrawn/denied for the wrong subclass... As such your visa timeline would have started all over if the agent re-applied.

Regardless if the above has been done or not your timeline will be that of the latest application, in your case the nomination 6th week.

The service standards for 457 is 2 months (almost 9 weeks) for low risk applicants and 3 months (about 13 weeks) for high risk applicants. The fact that some may get it sooner doesnt guarantee a fast processing time for us. So sit back and relax until you pass your applicable timeline before stressing. Im trying to do the same ;P.

I have the acknowledgment letter of my visa application...MA lodged it for 457..my sponsorship was also lodged for 457 back in Nov but the nomination lodged in Dec2015 was lodged for an ENS and not 457..unfortunately we were notified of this fault in the last week of Feb when it was sorted but we have been waiting since then.. Now the authority in Australia which would be granting me a license to work there requires me to present in person at their office and I have been taking extensions from them for 4months now..they have now given me a last extension for one month..which means I am required to be there in person within a month..I have nothing in hands right now visa nomination or sponsor approval!...that's why I am concerned.

Hi guys!

I was following this forum but wasn't registered, now I decided to join to share my timeline with you:

Application date: 19/02/16

Visa grant: 02/04/16

The nomination was applied and approved on the same dates as the visa.

Through MA, high-risk country (Brazil), Food technologist, applied onshore. Medicals were done before the visa was applied (as I was in a student visa before). No further information was requested after the application.

Just a curious thing I'd like to share is that the company asked for priority processing allocation and the MA tried to get it, but DIBP refused and advised that they are only granting priority processing under exceptional circumstances due to the backlog of applications they are currently experiencing.

Anyway, I'm so happy!!!

Hi guys!

I was following this forum but wasn't registered, now I decided to join to share my timeline with you:

Application date: 19/02/16

Visa grant: 02/04/16

The nomination was applied and approved on the same dates as the visa.

Through MA, high-risk country (Brazil), Food technologist, applied onshore. Medicals were done before the visa was applied (as I was in a student visa before). No further information was requested after the application.

Just a curious thing I'd like to share is that the company asked for priority processing allocation and the MA tried to get it, but DIBP refused and advised that they are only granting priority processing under exceptional circumstances due to the backlog of applications they are currently experiencing.

Anyway, I'm so happy!!!

congrats:) thank you for sharing your experience.

I have the acknowledgment letter of my visa application...MA lodged it for 457..my sponsorship was also lodged for 457 back in Nov but the nomination lodged in Dec2015 was lodged for an ENS and not 457..unfortunately we were notified of this fault in the last week of Feb when it was sorted but we have been waiting since then.. Now the authority in Australia which would be granting me a license to work there requires me to present in person at their office and I have been taking extensions from them for 4months now..they have now given me a last extension for one month..which means I am required to be there in person within a month..I have nothing in hands right now visa nomination or sponsor approval!...that's why I am concerned.

I understand what you are saying but a visa application is linked to a nomination. Now if that nomination was wrong and withdrawn your visa application is linked to a non existent nomination. They have now lodged a new nomination however the question is can they make changes to your existing visa application to link it to the new nomination?!? Have you checked that with your MA?

With re to your registration i cant give you any suggestion other than to have your MA chase the Case Officer for priority processing. Or maybe check if you can go on a visit visa for the registration and wait for the 457 to come through.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Any news at your end? Since it's a long time of waiting for you as well mrpuvpce

4th week and no change in status "Assessment in Progress".

I don't know what's going on.

Congratulations to those who got their visa.......Cheers....

I understand what you are saying but a visa application is linked to a nomination. Now if that nomination was wrong and withdrawn your visa application is linked to a non existent nomination. They have now lodged a new nomination however the question is can they make changes to your existing visa application to link it to the new nomination?!? Have you checked that with your MA?

With re to your registration i cant give you any suggestion other than to have your MA chase the Case Officer for priority processing. Or maybe check if you can go on a visit visa for the registration and wait for the 457 to come through.

Good luck and keep us posted.

actually the case off handling my visa application notified my MA about the faulty nomination and gave one day to apply a new nomination...hopefully the co would take into consideration the original date of application lodgement...it indeed is frustrating not knowing what's happening with your application:(.. and I now realise that as there are already so many ppl involved in 457 visa application sponsor nomination and visa, one should do ones application oneself instead of hiring a MA so you can keep a direct track of your application instead of requesting your oh so busy MA time and again to update you..they can't understand the pain and concern you have for this visa. TY sbspaus for your suggestion..I ll check it with my MA. Good luck to you as well!

actually the case off handling my visa application notified my MA about the faulty nomination and gave one day to apply a new nomination...hopefully the co would take into consideration the original date of application lodgement...it indeed is frustrating not knowing what's happening with your application:(.. and I now realise that as there are already so many ppl involved in 457 visa application sponsor nomination and visa, one should do ones application oneself instead of hiring a MA so you can keep a direct track of your application instead of requesting your oh so busy MA time and again to update you..they can't understand the pain and concern you have for this visa. TY sbspaus for your suggestion..I ll check it with my MA. Good luck to you as well!

Now that makes more sense. I totally understand your frustration, we are only on week 2 and all we can think about and talk about is when is the visa going to come so we can start packing up and get out there.

We applied through an agent, not by choice but since the company is paying for EVERYTHING we cant really complain. Havent asked for the TRN to track it, i know myself and i will go mad with checking 10 times a day.

Now that makes more sense. I totally understand your frustration, we are only on week 2 and all we can think about and talk about is when is the visa going to come so we can start packing up and get out there.

We applied through an agent, not by choice but since the company is paying for EVERYTHING we cant really complain. Havent asked for the TRN to track it, i know myself and i will go mad with checking 10 times a day.

Yeah I would keep checking 10times per hour..but they should do something to expedite the visa grants in general..it's very hard to focus on anything else when u are waiting for months.

Hi. 7 weeks of 'Assessment in Progress' I'm from a low risk country, straight forward application. Employers nomination approved 1st February. I haven't been able to get through on the phone and no response to email enquiries either. I received a letter which said they would be responding within 7 days - 18 days ago. I wouldn't mind the waiting and could be more sympathetic to the process if communication wasn't so poor. We weren't going to do anything until the visa came through but our house sold quickly and the kids have finished school now so it looks like we'll have to do it the least ideal way and book flights as soon as we have a visa with only a couple of days notice. COME ON VISA.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi. 7 weeks of 'Assessment in Progress' I'm from a low risk country, straight forward application. Employers nomination approved 1st February. I haven't been able to get through on the phone and no response to email enquiries either. I received a letter which said they would be responding within 7 days - 18 days ago. I wouldn't mind the waiting and could be more sympathetic to the process if communication wasn't so poor. We weren't going to do anything until the visa came through but our house sold quickly and the kids have finished school now so it looks like we'll have to do it the least ideal way and book flights as soon as we have a visa with only a couple of days notice. COME ON VISA.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I emailed and got the auto reply that emails won't be answered until after 14 days unless it's an urgency in which they would be answered in 2 days..all we can do is pray n wait! Wish u good luck

Does the immi deptt email during the office timings only or can we expect emails in the evening as well...any idea anyone?

I don't know of anyone who has heard directly from a member of staff outside of normal office hours. All of the correspondence I've had has been received between 9am and 4pm Aus time.

I don't know of anyone who has heard directly from a member of staff outside of normal office hours. All of the correspondence I've had has been received between 9am and 4pm Aus time.

I see..thank you!

Archived