457 - Current processing times

tbk

I need a help to apply for a Student Visa for Australia. Actually, i am doing graduation in some reputed University in India & want to go Australia to complete my research on my topic but am not sure about the place to visit & reside as few parts are very expensive & out of my reach. I searched on internet & found microburbs site (http://www.microburbs.com.au) which have very unique & useful data but still need more information about it to plan better. Best preferable chances to apply for the same would be around May-June.... Hoping positive guidance on my issue.... Regards !

I need a help to apply for a Student Visa for Australia. Actually, i am doing graduation in some reputed University in India & want to go Australia to complete my research on my topic but am not sure about the place to visit & reside as few parts are very expensive & out of my reach. I searched on internet & found microburbs site (http://www.microburbs.com.au) which have very unique & useful data but still need more information about it to plan better. Best preferable chances to apply for the same would be around May-June.... Hoping positive guidance on my issue.... Regards !

Contact your chosen University in Australia as they have dedicated Student advisors who will help you with the visa application process and can also advise on student accommodation options for when you get here.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's been ages of waiting...perhaps they should pass some rule that those who have crossed the 8week of usual waiting time should rest assured that their visas would be granted!!. It deffo is horrible to receive a refusal after months of waiting

Has it actually been 'assessment in progress' for 4 months?

Mines been like that since 4th March although nomination approved 24th Nov and 457 lodged the same day.

I've just had a bridging visa B granted so at least I can get out of here for a few weeks but it's pretty limited and they've only given me a 3 week pass to return

I didn't think they took prisoners here anymore :-/

its been assessment in progress since jan 19th - same date they approved the nomination and asked for more details - which i provided straight away

im not even too worried about it as if they had any reason to reject it , im sure it would have been rejected by now :)

I've just rang DIBP and they told me to call again on 16 April if my visa does not come up because that day is pass my 3rd month. I'm just hoping that they put a note into my application or something that my 3rd month is almost up. He said that my application is looking good and its just a matter of it getting looked at. He also said that so far no further documents are required from me at this time.

So really... It's just a matter of waiting until something actually happens....

I've just rang DIBP and they told me to call again on 16 April if my visa does not come up because that day is pass my 3rd month. I'm just hoping that they put a note into my application or something that my 3rd month is almost up. He said that my application is looking good and its just a matter of it getting looked at. He also said that so far no further documents are required from me at this time.

Dear RachielleLauren,

Thanks for sharing this info. It means that they are not giving any priority to 457 visa. ???????????

Have you got a chance to asked them that why it's taking so long ?

BTW thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the update. How long did it take you to get through? Did they give any indication that there were delays? I bet it felt good to speak to someone at least.

Good info..Ty rachielle..I am also contemplating giving them a call...BOL!!

Dear RachielleLauren,

Thanks for sharing this info. It means that they are not giving any priority to 457 visa. ???????????

Have you got a chance to asked them that why it's taking so long ?

BTW thanks for sharing.

I don't think they do priority processing. However when I called, he put me on hold for a a minute or two after validating my identity so I don't know what he actually did then got back to me with those info. That call was a bit different because before I was just immediately told to just wait for the visa as it is still within the processing timeframe. He said that if my visa doesn't come up by April 16 then he could escalate it. Whatever that means.

Thanks for the update. How long did it take you to get through? Did they give any indication that there were delays? I bet it felt good to speak to someone at least.

Yes that's right. No indication as to why there are delays. He just told me that it is still within the processing time. Took me an hour to get a hold of someone then talked to him for less than 5 mins. Lol

Yes that's right. No indication as to why there are delays. He just told me that it is still within the processing time. Took me an hour to get a hold of someone then talked to him for less than 5 mins. Lol

Oh well, I might give the calling a miss then. I have emailed to ask why they haven't responded after I submitted further evidence - its been 14 days and their letter says I should expect to hear within 7 days. I've not had a response to an email yet so not really that hopeful. I wish there was something I could do. Its so annoying that this is the way visas are processed.

You can ring them. Just a wake up call for them that someone is actually waiting for that visa grant. Lol

yeah because it's 4months for me now..well beyond the normal time.. But my nomination was applied abt 6weeks ago and yet not approved..sigh

yeah because it's 4months for me now..well beyond the normal time.. But my nomination was applied abt 6weeks ago and yet not approved..sigh
Can someone who has applied via a MA call the immi deptt directly or only MA can talk abt the visa?

I applied through an MA but I have a copy of my visa acknowledgement so I can follow up. They will verify your identity before discussing anything anyway. The people i've talked to say diff things. Some says start counting from the nomination approval others say from lodgement. So i think no one really knows when. All we can do is helplessly wait...

I applied through an MA but I have a copy of my visa acknowledgement so I can follow up. They will verify your identity before discussing anything anyway. The people i've talked to say diff things. Some says start counting from the nomination approval others say from lodgement. So i think no one really knows when. All we can do is helplessly wait...

Thank you rachielle

Hi Folks,

This is not April fool...FINALLY MY VISA IS GRANT TODAY.. No more status checking

Complete timeline below

Nomination Applied 15 Dec 2015

Nomination approved 12 Feb 2016

Visa applied 12 Feb 2016

Visa grant 1 Apr 2016

This forum has given some hope what is happening among another applicants. All the best to everyone those who are waiting.

... Its time to Party [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

This is not April fool...FINALLY MY VISA IS GRANT TODAY.. No more status checking

Complete timeline below

Visa applied 12 Feb 2016

Visa grant 1 Apr 2016

This forum has given some hope what is happening among another applicants. All the best to everyone those who are waiting.

Congratulations to you. I don't know how I'll cope when mine comes through. I'm obsessed with my immi account ☺ have a great weekend.

Hi Folks,

Complete timeline below

Visa applied 12 Feb 2016

Visa grant 1 Apr 2016

Congrats Satish it seems the february 2016 applications are getting visa ..