Skilled migration. son has autistic spectrum disorder

Apnea21

Just going with what the lawyer said really. They must asses health in a slightly different way when going from a 457 to PR. But I don't have a full understanding of it at the moment so I need to ask more questions before we go ahead.

As stated in my previous post - health issues are no assessed differently for different visas, but if you fail to meet the health requirements the waiver in place for 457 visa are for the employer pay.

https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-waivers.htm See link

We're you granted pr prior to the birth of your son? Why ddoes your agent feel so confident they would waiver your son's diagnosis? It just doesn't add up..I would get a second opinion..my thoughts are your agent wants to get paid regardless of what visa. .I'm with quoll I don't get why you don't qualify for pr now but feel you will later?

I agree we have more investigation to do. I'm not sure exactly how this is different. But surely if the agent wanted the fees he would tell us to go ahead with the 189 application

...much more lucrative for him, even if he knows it's not going to be successful.

Yes, our son's diagnosis was very recent.

As stated in my previous post - health issues are no assessed differently for different visas, but if you fail to meet the health requirements the waiver in place for 457 visa are for the employer pay.

https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-waivers.htm See link

Thanks for the link.

I was under the understanding that there wasn't a medical for the 457 if coming from the UK. But may be I have that wrong. To be honest the 457 application route is very new to us so have a lot to read up about it.

Thanks for the link.

I was under the understanding that there wasn't a medical for the 457 if coming from the UK. But may be I have that wrong. To be honest the 457 application route is very new to us so have a lot to read up about it.

If someone does not have any health issues, for the majority of occupations depending on country from a medical is not required, but if medical issues or working medical profession or with children a medical will be requested.

As someone who has gone on a 457 and then from a 457 to PR I can tell you our experience. For the 457 we didn't have a medical but we did have to answer a variety of questions. To go from the 457 to the PR visa we had to have EXACTLY THE SAME MEDICAL as anyone else applying for a PR visa. The visa that you apply for isn't a continuation of the 457 it is a separate visa entirely.

I think that you definitely need a second opinion from an expert. Have you talked to George Lomard? I believe he is an expert in medical issues. I have heard of people will children will autism getting PR visas before so I am wondering if the information you are getting is accurate.

I agree we have more investigation to do. I'm not sure exactly how this is different. But surely if the agent wanted the fees he would tell us to go ahead with the 189 application

...much more lucrative for him, even if he knows it's not going to be successful.

Yes, our son's diagnosis was very recent.

Have you thought about lying about your son on the application. Like you say if you hadn't had him diagnosed recently you would have been none the wiser. Get the PR visa and then think about what to do about your son when you are in.

Have you thought about lying about your son on the application. Like you say if you hadn't had him diagnosed recently you would have been none the wiser. Get the PR visa and then think about what to do about your son when you are in.

Hmm, lying to Immigration is never a very wise move!

Hi Apnea21 just wanted to say we are in what sounds like a very similar situation, and were given similar advice. I'm not sure who your agent is but we took advice from George Lombard. We are already in Australia. Feel free to pm me if you want to.

Archived