3 months left on passport !!

Tinaandco

Hi can anyone tell me if we will be ok because the British consulate is shut till 2nd Jan !!

my daughters passport runs out on 3 rd March 2015 and we need to fly back to uk by 12 th Jan for a funeral!

we are only booking one way flights to uk as we are moving back and we are British citizens so will they allow her to fly ??

thanks in advance Tina

Yes. We went through Dubai with only 1 month left on my wife's.

just let the airline know and that you are returning home.

Emergency passports for for example are often only valid for a couple of months. I went to work in Tanzania, via Dubai for a month and back with a temp passport valid for 6 months.

Thanks so much Verystormy I'm so glad to hear that, do I have to contact the airline myself or can the travel agent do it for me ?

Also the frustrating bit is that the travel agent won't book or holds our flights till iv had confirmation from the British consulate !!!

Also the frustrating bit is that the travel agent won't book or holds our flights till iv had confirmation from the British consulate !!!

Try another travel agent. You don't even need a current passport to enter the UK if you can prove you are a UK citizen, and if you have no stop-overs then you don't need a passport for airside connections.

Thanks so much Verystormy I'm so glad to hear that, do I have to contact the airline myself or can the travel agent do it for me ?

Change your travel agent and book on line perhaps?

Hi Quoll

i hope you are right, we only have a short stop at Dubai on the way to London x

By short stop do you mean change planes? If so you'll be fine. The regs do say that if you require a visa (which you don't for stops in transit) then 6 months validity.

Hi just to let you know, I booked the flights online to avoid a price increase ! Then went to British consulate and got my daughter a years extension on her passport which was very easy we were in and out of ere in 5 minutes and no cost !!

thanks to those who commented xx

Hi just to let you know, I booked the flights online to avoid a price increase ! Then went to British consulate and got my daughter a years extension on her passport which was very easy we were in and out of ere in 5 minutes and no cost !!

thanks to those who commented xx

Excellent! That takes a weight off your mind! Have a good trip even though it's for a sad event!

Archived