189 Visa Lodged December 2014

Gullu

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @nikopol

I only have the acknowledgement letter that they emailed to me. Though I can no longer check my current visa status (pretty much since pressing submit) on VEVO so I know something's happening. Same happened when I went on to the WHV from the tourist visa.

Oh well! I'll give it the weekend and give a call to sort it (or walk to the office, it might be quicker!). At least I have a month before my current visa expires so I have time to make sure it's sorted :)

I actually don't need the bridging one as my 457 runs for another three years. From what I can see it all get sent at the same time to my agent. Isn't a bridging visa automatic when you apply?

Yup! Hoping I haven't messed up somewhere on my application (not going through an agent). The fact VEVO has changed makes me think I'm just midway through a process - or maybe I have been assigned a visa but it doesn't appear on my list.

I think it should be automatic but I read somewhere (though can't find it) to contact them after 7 days if one wasn't granted.

Maybe it involves somebody pushing a button and they took Christmas/NY off before they pushed mine :)

Hi All

Just located this thread hope you don't mind me joining. Have added myself to the visa tracker - hoping i've done it right??

EOI and visa submission 19th Dec, all docs inc PCC uploaded except medicals - had medicals today.

Waiting game begins.

Jilly x

Hi Jilly,

Best of luck with the application.

Hope the medical went well. One of the most tedious mornings of my life spent wearing a paper shirt in a room of people all looking more awkward than the next[emoji1]

Edited by nikopol

Ah we were lucky only needed paper shirt for the x-ray then were allowed our clothes back! My husband has not passed.....my daughter and I are clear (pending blood test results 7-10days of course) but my husband's BP was 140/92 (nerves!) so he needs to see his own GP for recheck and documents forwarding to immigration before we can proceed. Everything else was fine thank you. xx

Ah we were lucky only needed paper shirt for the x-ray then were allowed our clothes back! My husband has not passed.....my daughter and I are clear (pending blood test results 7-10days of course) but my husband's BP was 140/92 (nerves!) so he needs to see his own GP for recheck and documents forwarding to immigration before we can proceed. Everything else was fine thank you. xx

Paper shirts? What's all this? lol...

None of that where I done my medical recently :-)

I haven't done form 80... A lot of people don't bother as for most simple cases it's never asked for.

It's a long old form though so worth having a look just to make sure you could answer it - if requested.

It wants things like travel history for the past 10 years.. I have no ideas of the dates I have been into Europe. Would be a massive stab in the dark for me so hoping it isn't asked for.

I was told by my agent to just write multiple trips to every european country I've visited so regularly I've lost count. They seemd to think that would be ok -

besides it's pretty much impossible to track this with passports given that there are no borders between Schengen countries so no passport checks

so once you're in Schengen, you're never rechecked until you re-enter the uk (So a trip that goes from France to Switzerland/Italy/Spain/Belgium to then

return to UK won't be on file bar the UK to France part).

I filled out a Form 80 (well, the majority of it) but haven't attached it. I just figure I'll wait until it's asked for.

At least having everything such as the last 10 years of where I've lived and travelled was handy when doing the PCCs :)

Had our medicals yesterday. There are 6 of us and were split into two to see two doctors. My doctor wanted me in a cotton gown for all my checks and my two sons had to strip down to underwear. He was very thorough and pleasant. My husbands doctor didn't request him or my daughter or other son to undress. Their doctor wasn't as thorough and didn't ask as many questions. Seems it depends on who you get. Had ours done in Knightsbridge London and everyone was very pleasant.

Sorry to nose in, always interested to see how quickly applications are progressing. Hopefully I will be creating a January thread (if there isn't one!) my EOI is in for Friday. I'm sure this has been asked before elsewhere, but how do you create the information footer thing showing dates/stages of the application?

Sorry to nose in, always interested to see how quickly applications are progressing. Hopefully I will be creating a January thread (if there isn't one!) my EOI is in for Friday. I'm sure this has been asked before elsewhere, but how do you create the information footer thing showing dates/stages of the application?

There is a January 189 thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/225589-189-visa-lodged-january-2015-a.html

You'll find Edit signature under Settings