189 Visa Lodged December 2014

Gullu

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to those with grants today! Johnny, where did you apply from? Are you in oz already?

Thanks! Good luck with yours :) Fingers crossed!

Yup, I am in Sydney so applied onshore. Was on a Working Holiday Visa and been on the bridging for the last couple of weeks.

No not yet they seem to be getting thro them quickly tho. I reckon Thursday may be my lucky day. Tomorrow would be fine tho.

it felt like a Xmas morning when I woke up today, the same excited feeling of wandering if you've got what you've been waiting for!

because they have been processing the 19 th dec gang this week I've had to start frantically painting the house ready for sale so at least I'm keeping myself busy. Everyday feels like a week. What about you jilly? What r u doing this week?

Ah I saw every hour last night checking my e-mails.....i'm going to be shattered by the weekend! Off out every day either work or trying to keey busy just to occupy my little self! Happy painting! Hope to see great news tomorrow on here from you xx

OMG the suspense is killing me I really need to switch off I cannot concentrate at work !!! Applied Dec 14th for 189 visa offshore Midwife in UK. Looking at Visa tracker spreadsheet no UK based midwives to compare against for months :-(.

Good luck everyone x

Wow. I was literally just writing 'Nope, not today' and got my grant through! Direct grant :D

YAY! I'm on a train so not quite believing it... but it does have the words 'Congratulations! You have been granted a permanent visa'

Yup. Just checked vevo and I'm now a resident! :biglaugh:

Congrats Jonny!.....You must be buzzing.

Checked with my RAMA - no news on my front though apparently papers were filed by them on the 20th not the 19th as I initially thought. Looks like no one after the 20th has been picked up so far it would seem.

Anyway, not to worry, the agent felt a lot of the picking up of the files can be slightly varied across the dates and not first come first served within each 2 week section.

Hi guys, just wondering with work when you start on a 189 visa is there a requirement for the type of job or number of hours?

No requirement. Heck, you don't even need to have a job once you've been granted the visa :)

Speaking of which, any news for the rest of you? If not, fingers crossed for next week for you.

Speaking of which, any news for the rest of you? If not, fingers crossed for next week for you.

Nothing for me anyway - looks like they are getting through the obvious spike of the 19th (day of offers) before moving onto the 20th. Hopefully some time next week I hope. (not that it changes anything for me since I'm already here but I'd rather have the residency out of the way).

I'm awake early as I've just been woken by my poorly son. Straight on to checking emails of course like u do at 4am! Direct grant for visa! . I cannot tell you the relief I am feeling. This is a fresh start for the whole family. Hoping many others get great news today.

Thankyou, I am wishing the rest of the December gang for good news too. Didn't get back to sleep as too many things going round my head and too excited! Get the kids to school today and then start packing ready to put house on the market.

Congratulations!!

....I haven't slept and no grant here.

Congratulations nikopol and jilly! It feels great doesn't it? Who says hard work doesn't pay off! What's the next thing on the list for you guys?

Aaron- we don't know yet where we are going. Never been to oz but thinking Queensland (sunshine coast or gold coast) or nsw(central coast). Any advice from anyone always welcome. Obviously if hubby gets a job offer before we arrive then that will be a big factor.

Congratulations nikopol and jilly! It feels great doesn't it? Who says hard work doesn't pay off! What's the next thing on the list for you guys?

Aaron- we don't know yet where we are going. Never been to oz but thinking Queensland (sunshine coast or gold coast) or nsw(central coast). Any advice from anyone always welcome. Obviously if hubby gets a job offer before we arrive then that will be a big factor.

Hi all! Been trying to log in all morning to say congrats and brag we got our visa!! Cutting it so fine it came through 3am and we fly 08:40 to Oz!! Just sat at the airport waiting to go. Best of luck to all xxxx