189 Visa Lodged December 2014

Gullu

BTW, has there been a change in the speed in which visas are processed these days? I had a colleague from work who was shocked I was applying as independent as she thought it would take forever. She for PR a few years back but had to get work to sponsor her (and she had to sign a three year contract). She was thought I should have done the same for expediency's sake - when I told her the current approximate time for a 189 she seemed really shocked and recalled it being years "back in the day". Is that correct?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there im a newbie applied for 189 visa on dec 2nd 2014 medicals booked fo 15th jan fingers crossed as i suffer with high blood pressure but i am on tablets so i hope this will be ok

Hey there, me and my husband had our medicals sat 3rd - we have no diagnosed medical problems.....my husband gets "white coat syndrome" and his BP was raised at medical they said he needed to see his own GP for follow up readings before they would pass us.

a friend of ours is diabetic, overweight, high blood pressure and asthmatic - she passed no problems. Depends who you see maybe? Or maybe as you're diagnosed and on medication it's less of a concern to them?

best of luck xx

Hi everyone, we lodged our visa on the 17th November through our agency. Still haven't heard anything. I emailed our agency two days ago and they think it will be mid - January when we hear anything. Won't get to giddy just yet though. Me and my partner and our 6 year old are looking to move to adelaide. We have also been advised not to book medicals just yet. We live in yorkshire and have been told we can go to a medical centre in Leeds or Manchester and will cost £257 each and £70 for our daughter. Just want to hear something soon!! Good luck everyone xx

ty jilly where are you applying from im in uk

Hiya, yep also UK, Midlands, went to birmingham for medicals think it was about £780 for a nurse, standard adult and 6year old. I'm also pregnant so was limited with where we could go for chest X-ray as most won't X-ray when pregnant.

xx

Still no bridging visa! I called today and discovered that I'm on the system with 2 different accounts because it thought I was offshore.

Oh well, the woman on the phone has sent off a few emails marked 'urgent' so hopefully I'll get that sorted!

;) Fingers crossed they misunderstand the 'urgent' bit and process my 189 by accident (hopeful - but very unlikely).

Hi. My family had ours on the 6th jan. We had urine sample taken,chest X-ray, basic eye test, reflexes checked, weight, height, and doctor had a quick feel around abdomen and pelvis area and listened to chest. Doctor chats with you first and asks questions about anything that might be important. Seems it depends a little on who you see as half my family were seen by a different doctor and didnt need to undress into a gown. Was very efficient and relaxed and friendly. Don't worry

Still no bridging visa! I called today and discovered that I'm on the system with 2 different accounts because it thought I was offshore.

Oh well, the woman on the phone has sent off a few emails marked 'urgent' so hopefully I'll get that sorted!

;) Fingers crossed they misunderstand the 'urgent' bit and process my 189 by accident (hopeful - but very unlikely).

Oh dear - hope that gets sorted out soon Jonny. What a pain.

Hi all - when you uploaded your documents to the immi site were they the originals or certified copies please?

Thanks x

The majority of my documents were uploaded as certified copies because I had to have them certified for my Skills Assessment, so already had them saved on my computer.

I just colour scanned the documents I got done when I returned to Australia (PCCs and IELTS). I read somewhere that colour scans of originals were fine so just hoping that was accurate. Those are the only originals I have with me so if I'm told they need certified then at least I can go and do that.

I just attached my skills assessment result since the ACS sends that as an email attachment. No point printing that only for it to certified as a true copy (again, unless they ask me for it)

---

My documents:

Certified Copy: Birth Cert, Degree, Academic transcript, Passport, Work reference

Colour Scan: Australian PCC, UK PCC, IELTS

Original PDF: Skills Assessment