Christmas in Sydney anyone? Swap you.

ezzie

We're desperate to return to the UK after a loooong time in Oz. I'm planning a 'trial' from Nov to Jan and am looking for around 8 weeks accommodation for me and the 3 kids (hubby is staying put in Oz till we definitely decide). Of course 8 weeks is too short for a rental property, but too long/expensive for a hotel.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone around the Wootton Bassett/Chippenham/Wilts area with one or two spare rooms who'd like to earn a bit of money - or if anyone had any ideas on accommodation. Could even do a house swap - Christmas in Sydney anyone?

Will look at a much wider area....basically somewhere nice, not too expensive with a good high school nearby. Just figure that if we can do England over winter, then we'd be fine the rest of the year. Really want to make sure the kids would settle in a school, make friends and that the standard was good.

All ideas, suggestions and leads 'very' gratefully accepted

• 1 month later...

Hi Ezzie

I have replied to another thread about a house swap, this one was in Melbourne. Are you a Wiltshire lass by any chance like me ?

I don't know of anybody up for a house swap but my cousin does have some holiday cottages at Bradford Leigh, near Bradford On Avon. I think that's about approx 12/15 miles from Chippenham. If you read the thread in the Rentals Forum I have included her email address. Maybe it will be of some help, you may get a rental a bit cheaper considering its the winter.

Whereabouts in Sydney are you, we are in West Pennant Hills and have three children. They have all settled in pretty well, it's just me missing the English countryside at the moment.

Hope you get something sorted.

Blondie

Archived